Healing Trick to Get Around No Health Packs

Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
After a particularly tough event, you might find yourself out of health packs. You don't want to wait the half hour for one to respawn, and you don't want to buy them. I found a very useful way to heal 2 of your characters at a time. If you go into the Venom prologue missions and go most of the venom single battles, the game gives you spiderman with the healing ability. Coupled with Venom's tendency to add web tiles to the board, and Spiderman's blue ability which also adds web tiles, you can fully heal decently high level characters pretty quickly.

The tip also applies to anyone who might have spiderman with the yellow healing ability, though since he's a three star rarity hero, the technique I detailed above will appeal to more of the masses.

Comments

• works only with lower lvl heroes, as tougher chars will kill enemies too quickly.

If I want to heal my team, I usually use OBW a couple of times in battles.
  • Depends on how to define "lower level". Most of my characters are around level 30 and I can use venom to heal just fine. Remember he increases in level in the different missions. If you're characters are like 80+ then sure.
  • I still remember using that technique often when I first started playing, good times. It works for 2*s as well, but once they get to a higher level, it's most likely you'll take more damage and not be able to heal before venom is dead.
  • I use the Hammer missions, since they're relatively easy to get a heal (or occasionally two) in and not take any damage at all, especially if the board has a lot of blue.
  • Take OBW and the wounded ~85 lvl hero in the last venom mission, it has about 60% chance to use OBW once, 10 to twice, in the rest venom drops early or uses devour. there's some additional chance to heal some low points from spiderman.

For lower level heroes there are two earlier missions for lesser venom. Earlier I used some juggernaut where he's alone.

But if you have OBW even better may be to go to some active event, in PVE there may be repeatable missions with chance to heal up and gain points at the same time. When the hulk epic was running along with pvp I have saves some for that purpose. If your obw has 5 in blue inlike mine there's a ton of hammer-only missions around that not mess with tiles at all.
  • I used Venom runs extensively while I was running IM35, M.Storm, and M.Widow, then Thor and Wolverine, typically with level 25 Venom (kinda in the middle of the diagram). And then I got O.Widow, and never really had to do it again. This might not work for everyone, since I think I got a bit lucky with the covers (I got some from 1* redeems); I now have a 3/3/4 O.Widow, higher even than my Thor (which I can't seem to find covers for) and Wolvie (which I haven't gotten around to playing the campaign to get more covers for). I run the tournaments with Thor, OBW, and the buffed char almost exclusively, chew through teams, and finish with full health; Widow basically was the key to letting me actually win covers. I'm even sitting on over 50 heal packs.