Healing rate should be hero-dependent

Options
IUC currently there's a fixed rate, N points/s and that's it.

IMO it is ridiculous that a mid-level Hulk takes 5-8 hours to heal up. He should be at full health much much faster. Also Volverine. Regeneration is part of his nature. For others it might take longer -- those who are better versed in the canon could provide a good clue.

(No, I don't care about the health pack consumption targets or the in-game healing, a game built around certain established characters shall try to make them work the closest -- and here I the implementation is trivial.)

On a different line of thoughts the flat healing rate is pretty unnatural. I'd use a formula that can heal up some percent of max health per min, that is proportional with the current health%. IOW the rate is very slow for a seriously injured character and very fast when he has just a scratch. Actually I'm sure that change would be a good benefit for the gaming experience.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure it is. There's a regen stat for characters, we just can't see it. ** Wolverine heals much faster than others with similar health.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, the healing rate is already hero dependent.
  • Nemek wrote:

Sort of - all the Wolverines heal faster, and Iron man model 40 takes maybe 5 minutes to recover from being downed. But they're not dependent on health or level. A lv1 will always heal to full hp faster than a higher lvl character.
  • Nemek wrote:

That's good news then -- someone care to hint why it makes sense universe-wise that a 90-ish Hulk heals for like 8 hours?
    I thought he's about as indestructible as it gets.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

That's good news then -- someone care to hint why it makes sense universe-wise that a 90-ish Hulk heals for like 8 hours?
    Maybe it's not his healing time, but healing time for his SHIELD lab team.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

The easy and boring answer is because healing is a hit points per second rate, rather than a percentage of maximum hit points per second rate. Hulk has such a high max that he takes forever to get there.

Whether that's the best solution, and whether that makes sense in an in-world perspective are different topics. For now at least, I just plan to burn a health pack on Hulk now and then.
  • Maybe percentage based? That might make it more fair...like heal 10% an hour or something.