Doctor's Orders March 15 - 19 (Season XII)

Options
2»

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    Doctor Doom is the fifth event of the season...so there is still 5 more to come before the end.

guess so did not see the 5 hours so got

20 22 24 27 and that sun 29th..... **** wreslemania is on that sunday meaning they will have the net from 7 on.

maybe have to grind friday and sat to try to make it still 1700 pts now

300 x 5 1500 = 3200 could do it
    350 x 5 1750 3450

just depends how bad i will be hit the final day and if i can keep the 300+ going to be very close to that 4000 mark for the first time. maybe if i miss it this season will be able to grab it the next (ended with 3200 last season and forgot about the other vs )
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Something went wrong. There are two to three nodes with points as high as 1100, but is unshielded AND with teams of mmn and cstorm, hulk and patch.

That pushed up the points A lot as everyone was hitting these two nodes. In fact in my bracket, in the last 15 min everyone was unshielxing and hitting those nodes.

I was in top position with 2 hours to go when this bug hits and I lost out because everyone was just hitting those nodes. It became a game of who hits them faster.

Sigh. And I spend 1500 HP intending to get the GT blue. Just my luck. icon_e_sad.gif
  • atomzed wrote:
    Something went wrong. There are two to three nodes with points as high as 1100, but is unshielded AND with teams of mmn and cstorm, hulk and patch.

That pushed up the points A lot as everyone was hitting these two nodes. In fact in my bracket, in the last 15 min everyone was unshielxing and hitting those nodes.

I was in top position with 2 hours to go when this bug hits and I lost out because everyone was just hitting those nodes. It became a game of who hits them faster.

Sigh. And I spend 1500 HP intending to get the GT blue. Just my luck. icon_e_sad.gif

While I'm sure I hit that node a couple times, I didn't find it until VERY LATE into the event. Still had to bust through that max 4* wall, including a max Professor X 4 times. Loki is a defensive machine, and there were a couple matches where max Doom one-shot Ladythor with his purple. But I will admit that being in an alliance that looks out for its people, and tries to help in any way, also is a big boost, so to speak. It's why we're so aptly named.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

yeah, something similar happened in my bracket (I was t3), though with a few hours to go it seemed that t1 was (basically) unreachable without at least two more jumps.

I dropped the ball and shielded for good, around 1k and something (way before the end of the event).... and this morning I realized that everyone went berserk on those magic nodes: as a result, t1 finished at 1300+, jumping from around 900 pts to that inflated score. If only I Knew... it's one of the rare occasions where I decided not to play the last three hours of an event.

At least my (very early) climb costed me significantly less than yours, but still it turned out to be a total waste of hp (to make things clear: that's my only regret, 'cause I wouldn't have grabbed that blue Gthor anyway).

I'm sincerely happy for all the players who were able (and normally aren't) to hit the 1k rewards, though.
  • I'm in slice 4, and this event is all kinds of crazy. Considering the very unimpressive rewards, like Pun and Starlord, I was expecting a standard event, maybe even low-scoring. Yet I'm in one of those brackets where the top 10 are all over 1000 already, with 7 hours to go. I don't get it.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Welp, that did not go as well as I had hoped for. I had heard about the easy points but I guessed I was too late to the party.
    I managed to push to 900, but I got hit for 40 points before shielding. Could not find a single match worth more than 15 points until 30 minutes left. Found a few worth 30. In hindsight, I was better off not wasting my time trying to get the Starlord cover. I pretty much kept breaking even after every 2 matches.

Finished 6th with 927 points. First was 1043.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know who you are combo77, but thanks for letting me climb from 800 to 11xx with ease from your Stormneto team. My only regret was not unshielding and getting back into the fight close to the end time
  • I was pretty excited to ride my lvl 70 doom, 114 cage and a variety of ** heroes up to 625 and 69th and a Punisher cover I needed. Even won a couple defensive fights with ** Daken.

Hope my 6 Punisher covers is enough to get me top 100 next time. Not thrilled with Cyke covers (only have two, rather be something more practical for me), but I've cashed 3 out of 4 now. Best season ever.

Mad
  • Yeah foolish me for playing it the old school way...stupid shield hopping...I was wondering where all those 1200s magically appeared from in the last 30 minutes. I saw combo77 too, but figured I would get smacked down if I unshielded, now I hear nobody was getting attacked lol...sigh...
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah foolish me for playing it the old school way...stupid shield hopping...I was wondering where all those 1200s magically appeared from in the last 30 minutes. I saw combo77 too, but figured I would get smacked down if I unshielded, now I hear nobody was getting attacked lol...sigh...

When I hit 1k, I shielded at 6th. I checked back in about 20 minutes before the end and I had fallen to 21. I knew something was wrong when that happened icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bought my first shield. question - is 450 generally enough for 150th and the *** cover? if so, i'm willing to spend 75hp to shield for covers that would help my best covered characters. if not, live and learn. i'm currently #106 with 45 min left. not willing to spend to hop, but to guarantee a cover one shield seems worth it once in a while.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    bought my first shield. question - is 450 generally enough for 150th and the *** cover? if so, i'm willing to spend 75hp to shield for covers that would help my best covered characters. if not, live and learn. i'm currently #106 with 45 min left. not willing to spend to hop, but to guarantee a cover one shield seems worth it once in a while.

You need top 100 for the *** cover, not top 150. Some PVEs with 1000 person brackets use top 150, but PVP never has, to my recollection.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

You need top 100 for the *** cover, not top 150. Some PVEs with 1000 person brackets use top 150, but PVP never has, to my recollection.

dang, got my events mixed up - its pve that is top 150. well, i guess i need to break shield late and try and jump up. still a noob sometimes at day 110. so what score does it usually take for top 100? i know it varies but i don't think punisher black is a hot commodity for the established players.

update: broke with 12 min left. got 2 matches in and made it to 500 and 89th and finished there. wow that was nerve racking. this is new ground for me. punisher my second *** to 94 to join daredevil but no red covers yet.
  • x_new_yorka
    x_new_yorka Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can someone tell me why the event disappeared way less than 24 hours after it ended? I can't manage a team if I cant see their scores. BTW customer service was no help on this matter
    X