Rage and Ruin Tourney

Comments

• _fulu_ wrote:
    So who is everyone going to run with ares?

Punisher/OBW and Wolvie/spidey. Or hulk/Punisher or...whatever any combo of the above. If my IM40 wasn't 5 yellow maybe him.

The same exact characters I'm considering. They all have merits but no one really stands out. Nice color synergy with OBW but mine is only at 60 I believe.
  • A least rewards are getting better Come on moonstone Did anyone want that ? Lol
  • Boosted Ares is such a beast. I am burning through a lot of teams in 1-3 turns, depending on how lucky I am getting with the red gem placement.
  • So who is everyone going to run with ares?

I still only have 2**s in the 60-70 range, and no 3***s above 25, so I'm running Wolvie/OBW. My Ares is 1/1/2, so he's only at lvl 16.
  • Since classic sorm is a reward i wish she got a buff. I finally have her at level 85 maxed and it would be nice to see her health at like 4000+ in a tournament or event.
  • I think the changes to the progression rewards make sense. With the advent of shields, it doesn't make sense that everyone should be able to get ALL the rewards. As you see stronger teams form and frequent usage of shields, you really should see an average increase in the scores during tournaments. My guess is the devs will continue to raise the progression standards until they see only X percentage of the player base able to obtain the top prizes.

On a side note, I do think the devs are geniuses with all these endless tournaments. Now that rankings and prizes can be more easily secured with steady play, I'm sure they are making a tidy profit off HP purchases for shielding. All the while, the general player base is having a relatively easier time obtaining some of the trickier covers. All in all, a good move IMHO.

Ok, the top is reachable technically, but let's look at real numbers. In your bracket how many made over 1800? In my one, maybe 2 if the runner-up could make the 200 pts in last 30 mins. Is that so many people really? If dozens of people would go that high from every bracket, it would warrant attention but it is not what I see happening at all.
  • Really, having to try to pump ISO into Ares so soon, and for Wolverine doesn't seem all that enticing to make me want to play the tourney.

True, he is a 3*, but the amount that is needed to be spent ISO wise so quickly doesn't seem to be worth the effort or time to do so. Since I am already building up my 3* team, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to rush out to gain another one that will be sidelined for the longest time now, with plenty of time to achieve him through standard and heroic tokens.

And the unfortunate thing until the changes come is having to drudge through more Thorverine teams.

You all have fun with this one, as I will be sitting this one out. Good luck!
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Really, having to try to pump ISO into Ares so soon, and for Wolverine doesn't seem all that enticing to make me want to play the tourney.

True, he is a 3*, but the amount that is needed to be spent ISO wise so quickly doesn't seem to be worth the effort or time to do so. Since I am already building up my 3* team, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to rush out to gain another one that will be sidelined for the longest time now, with plenty of time to achieve him through standard and heroic tokens.

But... it's Wolverine! icon_e_wink.gif

On a side note: Ariakos2 is sitting shielded with a dummy team with ~500 points next 8 hours or so. Feel free to whack my team around if you come across.
  • Enjoying the tourney, but last two times Ive been defeated has been hilarious.

My Team:
    30 Ares, 85 Thor, 85 Wolvie
    Their Team:
    6 Ares, 27 Iron Man 35, 27 Modern Widow

Seems like no way in hell that team could win LoL
  • Enjoying the tourney, but last two times Ive been defeated has been hilarious.

My Team:
    30 Ares, 85 Thor, 85 Wolvie
    Their Team:
    6 Ares, 27 Iron Man 35, 27 Modern Widow

Seems like no way in hell that team could win LoL

Probably on forest map. Storm's red -> thorned rose.
  • quick question about these two round tourneys - does my performance in the first round impact the quality of teams I play in the second round? In other words... should I tank round 1 to play **** teams in round 2?

Thanks
  • Speedy0307 wrote:
    quick question about these two round tourneys - does my performance in the first round impact the quality of teams I play in the second round? In other words... should I tank round 1 to play **** teams in round 2?

Thanks

just tank the lightning rounds. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tank LRs and get #1 in Ares tourney, simple.
  • Ariakos wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Really, having to try to pump ISO into Ares so soon, and for Wolverine doesn't seem all that enticing to make me want to play the tourney.

But... it's Wolverine! icon_e_wink.gif

On a side note: Ariakos2 is sitting shielded with a dummy team with ~500 points next 8 hours or so. Feel free to whack my team around if you come across.

True enough, but I already have 2 wolvies, and trying for the middle ground version makes no sense whatsoever. I'm also concerned at the timing of the event. Running concurrently with an event that is giving him as an award seems counter productive.

To do appreciably in the PvP event almost requires you level ares, which can be typically tied to spending money on HP to gain covers. That in turn makes wanting to place high in sub brackets much less of a priority, given the amount of time for each round of the PvP tournament.

I think if they had waited a week, possibly 2, to do this tournament, it would have encouraged more players to participate.

Without knowing actual participation values, attendance to the event is purely hypothetical, but the cause and effect of running them concurrently still holds water.
  • They will have the nerf 2* wolvie pretty big time to make this new 3* guy better. Not a big fan of these skills that help the opponent when used.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skyedyne wrote:
    I'm also concerned at the timing of the event. Running concurrently with an event that is giving him as an award seems counter productive.

To do appreciably in the PvP event almost requires you level ares, which can be typically tied to spending money on HP to gain covers. That in turn makes wanting to place high in sub brackets much less of a priority, given the amount of time for each round of the PvP tournament.

I think if they had waited a week, possibly 2, to do this tournament, it would have encouraged more players to participate.

Without knowing actual participation values, attendance to the event is purely hypothetical, but the cause and effect of running them concurrently still holds water.
    I haven't spent any HP on Ares covers or ISO, and I already have mine at 2/2/4 and level 32 from moderate to good placement in most of the Hunt subevents. That's with none in 1st or 2nd place, so I've gotten only 1-2 covers at a time. I even missed out completely on one bracket.

Doing it this way is fun because by the end of the Hunt event, there are going to be a *lot* of maxed Ares wandering around, but right now the spread is wider.

I started leveling my Ares as soon as I got covers, because I figured we'd see him in an event soon.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    I started leveling my Ares as soon as I got covers, because I figured we'd see him in an event soon.

Ditto. Saw the event, and went WOOOOO~ cause my ares was already level 40 something. Now he's over 50, and happily moving on up. Sadly, I'm getting to the point where matches are starting to require a health pack once every match or two. OBW just isn't able to keep up with the health loss when the opposing Ares gets off the green, and it only takes most players 2 matches to get it, heh.

I am having a ton of fun though. I reach a critical mass in AP, and just devestate the enemy team. Killing characters in one blow with the green (usually the finish blow of the match). Sunder is also awesome, though the self-damage hurts. The red comes too late if the board is unkind, though. Makes me a bit sad.
  • What are people thinking of as complimentary to Ares? Hulk? OBW?
  • 4/2/4 ares now. These last 2 red are gonna be difficult.

Funny about farming the shield alt = lmao
  • Are you not participating in The Hunt? They're handing out Ares covers like candy. And I pulled one from my Dark Avengers token.