*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• I had some fun running her with IF in the Sim event where she was buffed. Spamming the entire board with Hailstones and watching enemies who need open tiles to use their powers just sit there and do nothing with tons of AP is pretty funny. Also, IF's purple won't overwrite attack tiles, so using it again after a couple turns is an almost guaranteed blacksplosion at the top of the board. Not exactly a power combo, but it's good for a few chuckles.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Mohawk Storm is the progression reward again after a 4* is awarded. 3* storm does not get a lot of run in PVP but it feels like she is the default progression prize when a 4* character is released. So I ask D3 WHY DO YOU LOVE STORM SO MUCH!!!! Her health is awful and she is completly underpowered. Even buffed in the Dark Avengers PVE she is not very strong. Her black is her best ability and it is now significantly outclassed. Her green is a good AP generator, but again outclassed, and her yellow is a TU AP generator, again preety bad. So what's up D3
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Tell me Storm is underpowered after you trigger her black attack--twice. icon_twisted.gif She has been rather essential in my quest to clear out all the nodes.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's also this season's progression cover, and I think she was a reward somewhere else recently. Maybe I'm just thinking about DDQ?

Anyway, maybe she's getting vaulted, and maybe they're planning on reworking her abilities so she'll be gone for a while, and maybe because of that it was decided to try and make her more available before she's gone for a chunk of time.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Mohawk isn't underpowered -- she just doesn't have enough health compared to equivalent options, so she's a less desirable choice in team building. Bump her health up by, say, 20%, and she might be as popular as her little sister.
  • I'm enjoying the chance to build mine up. As others have said, her black is a lot of fun and great for clearing PVE/Survival nodes. Her Yellow is in my opinion weakest, but it can occasionally be used to trigger cascades, just requires more luck
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Mohawk isn't underpowered -- she just doesn't have enough health compared to equivalent options, so she's a less desirable choice in team building. Bump her health up by, say, 20%, and she might be as popular as her little sister.

return her too her true state

Lightning Strike - Green 10 AP
    Storm calls a blinding bolt of electricity from the heavens, shattering 8 tiles, doing damage and earning AP for each.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Shatters 9 tiles.
    Level 3: Shatters 10 tiles.
    Level 4: Shatters 12 tiles.
    Level 5: Shatters 16 tiles.

and her old red power used to cost 5ap

why did she get nerfed? cuz devs like to ruin good stuff

but anyway yeah storm is offered alot im sure she is offered every off season also. anyone could have her fully covered. i will say her pvp doesntg come up very often though

i dont thing she needs more health her yellow needs to go back to costing 5 ap, and even 7ap would be ok

her green needs to destroy 16 ap also like it used too
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soooo weak. For a "goddess", she should have more health.

There are certain not-good but not-terrible characters they push over and over, almost like they want us to believe they are good. DD seems to get that treatment lately also.
  • konannfriends
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Soooo weak. For a "goddess", she should have more health.

There are certain not-good but not-terrible characters they push over and over, almost like they want us to believe they are good. DD seems to get that treatment lately also.

ikr, havent seen a chance too get Lazy thor or BP in forever
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Mohawk Storm in the comics WAS NOT the "goddess" that she once was. She was actually DEPOWERED when she was sporting that look.

Maybe that's why they chose to make her on the weak side? Still sucks, though.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think most see her as underpowered because they're using her mainly for black into attack tiles. She's still one of the strongest AP generators for green, and the cascades caused by green/yellow. I have yellow maxed instead of black, because she's the strongest characters in infinite team combos. That's much more useful to me in PVE than more attack tile damage.
  • konannfriends
    scottee wrote:
    I think most see her as underpowered because they're using her mainly for black into attack tiles. She's still one of the strongest AP generators for green, and the cascades caused by green/yellow. I have yellow maxed instead of black, because she's the strongest characters in infinite team combos. That's much more useful to me in PVE than more attack tile damage.

me too mines at 4,5,4 black still does good damage, and green only goes up 2 tiles for level 5. at at level 4 yellow did noo damage atleast with 5 covers i get 1500, DEVS please reduce the ap cost 9ap is too much
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    Mohawk Storm in the comics WAS NOT the "goddess" that she once was. She was actually DEPOWERED when she was sporting that look.

Maybe that's why they chose to make her on the weak side? Still sucks, though.

Yea that's great but that's not the storm we have. We have Modern Storm with a punk haircut.

She needs 6800 health minimum, and even then I wouldn't use her, except as a platform to super whales from TU tiles.
  • They switched from too much Falcon to too much Storm - I hope we get "too much Patch" soon
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    When I get current progression awards in pve and season, I will have her at 12 covers and she could be my highest level character. But I will not level her up because she is not worth it :/
    In my opinion the only problem with her is extremely low health. I love her skills and image, but she is useless because she dies so quickly icon_e_sad.gif
  • Personally use her a lot if/when I do pve against goons. Yellow and Black is great. Would like to have more health, obv, but that could be said of a raft of characters.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Considering what happened to other marvel ladies this month, let's hope she is left alone for a while icon_e_wink.gif

We could end up with her health boosted to 10k hp but her three powers converted into a single passive ability: "Storm starts a hot dog cart business, after losing her powers: whenever anyone makes a green, yellow, red, blue, black or purple match, gives a burst of 1000 health (true healing) to enemies".
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I'm a fan of Mohawk + 4Thor.
    They make a great duo in the way that XF + Mags compliment each other.

This is especially true on survival nodes as you clear up TU tiles, make more charged tiles and then use storm green for massive AP gain to fuel destruction. The only real problem with this team is the time it takes to setup. You pretty much have to use the ISO AP boosts or have hood helping out with AP steal.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    She was also better back when environmental tiles were around. They moved to team ups shortly after they rolled her out.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    It's a little weird how much she's out there. I love the character, and the concept of her abilities, but she needs a health buff and an attack buff.