Rage and Ruin Tourney

Ares, God of War has arrived!

He's Powered-Up and ready to Team-Up and unleash his fury upon your opponents. Recruit Ares and the other dangerous Dark Avengers in special RAGE AND RUIN cover packers!

Tourney runs back to back

Blue IW to rank 1 plus covers from next rank
2-5 Wolverine patch, YRG
6-15 Patch, RG
16-45 W G
Storm for next ranks

Progression:
Green Ares at 325
Yellow Ares at 600
Green Punisher at 1200
Red Punisher at 1800
Green Wolvie X at 2400

Comments

• So much progression!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now we need to reach 3k points as avarege for chance of being 1st... Hope they dont raise anymore icon_e_smile.gif
  • Progression rewards going up again isn't cool, but whatever. Chance to get up to a 2/2/2...I am beat though for now. Get to about 100 in lr then tank and leave the game alone for a while.
  • 2400 sheesh. So many tournies going on right now lol. Wolverine 3* Patch looks interesting.
  • To be fair, it hasn't been all that hard to max out progression lately.
  • Glad I don't care bout the new Wolvie because I don't wanna use/level up Ares. They both sound like great characters though.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    2400 sheesh. So many tournies going on right now lol. Wolverine 3* Patch looks interesting.

2400 is crazy. Even if it is doable with people shielded, etc. that's just a heck of a lot of effort. Don't want to work that hard. I did go to 1800 yesterday, but yeesh.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:
    2400 sheesh. So many tournies going on right now lol. Wolverine 3* Patch looks interesting.

2400 is crazy. Even if it is doable with people shielded, etc. that's just a heck of a lot of effort. Don't want to work that hard. I did go to 1800 yesterday, but yeesh.
    Well it's for the soon-to-be best character in the game, so I don't mind.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misguided wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:

I did 2600 in ~10 hrs icon_e_smile.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    To be fair, it hasn't been all that hard to max out progression lately.

It is a time sink though. I think it took me about 2 hours of playing to get from 0-1000 then another hour and a half to get from 1000-1800. Both of which were late, late into the AM (EST) so I wouldnt get attacked too much.
  • Right I agree and had to do similar things just to get my 1800 IW. But I think progression rewards should be slightly more difficult to get. Not everyone should be able to breeze their way up to the top.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    jozier wrote:
    Right I agree and had to do similar things just to get my 1800 IW. But I think progression rewards should be slightly more difficult to get. Not everyone should be able to breeze their way up to the top.
    I agree. That was one of the problems with Rags. Plus, you're gonna need all those matches for the ISO required to max a 4-star anyway.
  • Yeah, but even 1800 was starting to feel like work, that's all. Not saying it is a bad change, just not sure I want to put forth that kind of effort, which, at least in the brackets I've seen so far, is far in excess of what is required to win the bracket.
  • So who is everyone going to run with ares?
  • Feels like they just substituted the "getting slammed" last 5 minutes of a tournament and unattainable progression rewards with shields to protect yourself at key points and much "grindier" to reach, but much more reachable progression rewards.

On one hand it's nice to be able to reach the progression rewards but also so much grindier. If only grindier was a real word icon_e_sad.gif
    Thor and Juggs, I win everytime but I eat up way too many health packs, ugh.

If my IM40 was higher I'd run im40/wolv, but its probably going to end up being thor/wolv.

Punisher/OBW and Wolvie/spidey. Or hulk/Punisher or...whatever any combo of the above. If my IM40 wasn't 5 yellow maybe him.
  • I think the changes to the progression rewards make sense. With the advent of shields, it doesn't make sense that everyone should be able to get ALL the rewards. As you see stronger teams form and frequent usage of shields, you really should see an average increase in the scores during tournaments. My guess is the devs will continue to raise the progression standards until they see only X percentage of the player base able to obtain the top prizes.

On a side note, I do think the devs are geniuses with all these endless tournaments. Now that rankings and prizes can be more easily secured with steady play, I'm sure they are making a tidy profit off HP purchases for shielding. All the while, the general player base is having a relatively easier time obtaining some of the trickier covers. All in all, a good move IMHO.
  • I'm getting DESTROYED in the Lighting Round, it's brutal.