SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Options
123457»

Comments

• Somebody is creeping on my position. I have an hour long meeting in about 15 mins. Might have to take a super long bathroom break afterwards.
  • Finally got my yellow IW. Man that cover is rare.
  • jozier wrote:
    Finally got my yellow IW. Man that cover is rare.

I have 3 and none of her other covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • I couldn't play the first Smash Hit Tourney because of my mmr being to high, i was meeting Thor/Hulk/Wolverine with high levels most of the time.

Luckly for me ,i've been tanking a couple of lightning rounds, shield tourney, and the first smash hit... and now on the second i managed a top 5 finish (shielded at 800). I have a 1/1/1 Punisher now, not very useful, but i will pay attention for future Punisher rewards.

I'm glad tanking helped me out, i was scared that it will take a long time to lower my mmr back to where my roster is good enough.
  • I couldn't play the first Smash Hit Tourney because of my mmr being to high, i was meeting Thor/Hulk/Wolverine with high levels most of the time.

Luckly for me ,i've been tanking a couple of lightning rounds, shield tourney, and the first smash hit... and now on the second i managed a top 5 finish (shielded at 800). I have a 1/1/1 Punisher now, not very useful, but i will pay attention for future Punisher rewards.

I'm glad tanking helped me out, i was scared that it will take a long time to lower my mmr back to where my roster is good enough.

And some dare to claim that tanking is completely useless. My a**.

What can be done when devs deny the reality of things?

Btw grats for the placement. I was getting the last few points for the #5 in last minutes and made a photo finish -- just to get a 40 pts hit at the same time. So missed the red cover I wanted most for the 40% upgrade. Maybe next time.

And the 1st round was quite a cakewalk to #2 -- guess it put mi to mmr hell for the second, and I did *not* tank. Even at entering it showed some excessive teams instead the usual brand.

Hope they fix this **** eventually as the need for tanking hardly helps the mood. It can be done just like grinding but has a way negative fun value.
  • Started about a day late and got into a good bracket and took #1 with about 1300 to finish off my 5/3/5 Punisher icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thank you pasa_

Tanking was really helpful for me, i was concerned that i wont be able to play anymore, since even the first 3 matches we're outmatching me, and skipping only bringed harder opponents (70+ wolverine/thor).

The most of the tanking was done during lightning rounds (it's best to get 100 score, then put a lowbie team), but also during the first smash hit.

As i said, during the first smash hit i couldnt even reach 100, but for some reason i got attacked quite often. Part of me thinks some guys wanted to help me out, they understood i was tanking, else i dont see why they would risk attacking a 0 score. It's helpful to throw out a bagman (i think that's the symbol for tanking), but i had a lvl 6 captain america and a lvl 6 Ares.

From now on, i will be careful with what tourneys i play. If the reward is useful, i'll go for it, but else i'll try tanking. My first smash hit was screwed because i've farmed some events with not so useful rewards (there was one with daken, and the it was the IM40 one with 2 star magneto).
  • Farming iso in a PvP event can be a bad, bad idea. I learned that the hard way back in November and wound up in matchmaking hell just like you describe. I got wiped twice trying to get to 100 in a lightning round. Really, the matchmaking system is borderline nonsensical. They need a system that rewards people for working their way up, rather than punishing them for doing so.
    pasa_ wrote:
    What can be done when devs deny the reality of things?

They reality is they have never done that.