SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Comments

• Ghast wrote:
    And with Hulk, he just has too much damn life and it's not even worth the 57 minutes it takes to beat him LoL

C. Magneto purple instakill. Not even a boosted Hulk can stand up to it.

? My boosted hulk has 14k health at only level 120. I haven't hit that with magneto in a non lightning round. Anyway I just stun hulk and smack him around real quick. Doesn't take too long
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Oh my god Phantron stahp, I'm tryin to finish Breaking Bad here
  • I'm too poor to afford shields, or I should've shielded for the sake of my sanity. I think the same 10 guys in my MMR range is literally just fluctuating between 500-700 constantly.

Having Hulk as the featured character makes the games really boring, but I guess you can't expect much when the featured character is supposed to be the tankiest character in the game. Toward the end I was playing in some kind of zombified state, like I see Hulk has a Smash ready on the opposing team and I matched blue to put Spiderman in front instead of err, Hulk. That was painful.
  • I threw up shields at 713 for a few hours, so if I'm in your MMR range, wail away.
  • I'm shielded around the 800 -900 range with a tank team in. If you see them, smack them around.
  • Hit 1800 for the IW despite Polkio's best efforts. 1st is at 2200 right now, and with an 11:00 AM end time while I'm at work, I don't think I'll be able to out grind the guy. Punching bags are up and active, so have at 'em gang. Hoping to drop my MMR some so that I can run up to 1800 and maybe grab a Wolvie for 1st one last time this week (i.e. $20 says there will be one more Smash Hit round after this one). This one was much tougher to hit 1800 in than the first.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Nemek, are you shielded? Was gonna take a couple whacks.
  • I haven't entered a bracket yet ....so...hopefully ppl are kind enough to have nice pretty shields up everywhere layer today so I can go boostin' and get me my first yellow wolverine. 65 hulk/125 magneto/84 thor probably isn't that scary....but its about the fastest kill team I can run right now.

Question, didn't actually try last tournement to place high...does everyone getting into the 1000-1800 range have a 100+ hulk?
  • Is there a limit to retaliations? I had a tank team and must have gotten smacked 30 times (my MMR doesn't seem to have benefitted much...) but there weren't too many retaliations saved up at all.
  • Question, didn't actually try last tournement to place high...does everyone getting into the 1000-1800 range have a 100+ hulk?

Not necessarily, mine was level 40-60 last time and i got 1800 and 1st in my bracket. I have him up to 85 now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woot, my hulk is now 4/4/5 due to this tourney, my 2nd maxed out 3* character! (although theres no way i'm pumping iso into him to go from 80 to 141).
    Hit 1800 for the IW despite Polkio's best efforts. 1st is at 2200 right now, and with an 11:00 AM end time while I'm at work, I don't think I'll be able to out grind the guy. Punching bags are up and active, so have at 'em gang. Hoping to drop my MMR some so that I can run up to 1800 and maybe grab a Wolvie for 1st one last time this week (i.e. $20 says there will be one more Smash Hit round after this one). This one was much tougher to hit 1800 in than the first.

Thanks for the punching bags =) Got me ~120 points and a good amount of iso!
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Question, didn't actually try last tournement to place high...does everyone getting into the 1000-1800 range have a 100+ hulk?

Not necessarily, mine was level 40-60 last time and i got 1800 and 1st in my bracket. I have him up to 85 now.

I was able to find 60ish hulks all the way up to 1600.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Kelbris wrote:
    Nemek, are you shielded? Was gonna take a couple whacks.

I was, so no worries! (Looks like you took at least one.)
  • jozier wrote:
    Is there a limit to retaliations? I had a tank team and must have gotten smacked 30 times (my MMR doesn't seem to have benefitted much...) but there weren't too many retaliations saved up at all.

You don't get to retaliate if you are shielded.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Is there a limit to retaliations? I had a tank team and must have gotten smacked 30 times (my MMR doesn't seem to have benefitted much...) but there weren't too many retaliations saved up at all.

You don't get to retaliate if you are shielded.

Not shielded.
  • It seems to only save a couple retaliations. 3 maybe 4 is my guess.
  • K, shielded at #1 with 1884pts. 2nd is 1828, 3rd 800. Everyone in top10 is shielded. So 3x Punisher covers will be mine, and hopefully I'll get second Logan**** cover. After the rework he'll be very precious I suppose.
  • Well, I just pushed up from 0-1800 straight. Was only attacked twice. Both times for -50. Is -50 the maximum then? I'm at around 1850 and 2nd is shielded at 1000 ish. Hopefully nobody else pushes. Seriously though...wow..shields made the game's PvP totally different. Now bag lady can finally use invisibility....yay? The hulk covers themselves were nice. 4/3/3 now. Need 2 black and a red. Wish I had realized how easy it would be and done this for the part 1..but its a lot of work...in one go at least lol. Hopefully I get the wolvie so I finally have his yellow.

Side: it will be sad if 4**** wolvie is outperformed by 3*** instantly lol.
  • Praying for a re-run of No Man's Land after this. After IM40 then Hulk featured and boosted back to back, I don't want so much as to look at another damage sponge.
  • Wouldn't surprise me to see a re-run of the One-Star & Three Star events. With the nerf of Rag and the inclusion of a few more three star characters, the 3star event should be more interesting this time around.
  • Another Dark Avengers tourney can't be far away, giving everyone the chance to give Ares a test run.