*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    sms4002 wrote:
    can someone explain the red skill to me? When it says icons that have his name is it talking about the strike tiles from his green skill? or (just thought about this) is it talking about if he's the one with the highest dmg for a color so he would be the one to do the match? If so, holy tinykitty. 3 /5/5?
    Probably the later, like how IW's skill works
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Badman82 wrote:
    Not to say I don't believe this but a screen shot would be nice

I very much do not believe this. As another poster said: " screen shot or it didn't happen. "

Sorry Jamin,
    I was wrong. You were right. Thanks for sharing the info.
  • orions
    orions Posts: 9
    Given the info IceIX posted, it seems either 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 for me. His yellow healing is ridiculous and being able to heal always will be a must. Red skill is way better in terms of damage potential and it hurts you less, but it's more expensive and well, as we all know, "there are better reds out there". On the other hand, who knows maybe there wont be better reds out there in a month after the nerf-a-buff-o-thon icon_e_smile.gif
  • By the look at it..Wolve 4* will be definitely look more powerful and scarier then both 2/3* characters...
    3* Yellow ability just look so scary - 371 per turn?! we have to really use ability to kill him..even one turn kill is so difficult to kill.

Can't imagine if 4* have the same ability - 400 - 500 per heal turn?! lol. Damn...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Gotta apologies to Jamin...I had huge doubts. I do wonder how that cover was released prior but that's for another show.
    Patch has been designed and in the code for a *long* while, but without some key things to make him work if someone managed to hack him in ahead of time. We do the same for any other implemented but unreleased characters. Him having been around a while is also why he's a third Wolverine and not a new character. We originally planned less characters, more alts. Post launch we quickly saw that the opposite would be the better way to go for the forseeable future. Patch, I believe, is the last relic of the Character Clone Wars. Doesn't mean we won't do alts in the future, but new characters will be far more common than them.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Gotta apologies to Jamin...I had huge doubts. I do wonder how that cover was released prior but that's for another show.
    Patch has been designed and in the code for a *long* while, but without some key things to make him work if someone managed to hack him in ahead of time. We do the same for any other implemented but unreleased characters. Him having been around a while is also why he's a third Wolverine and not a new character. We originally planned less characters, more alts. Post launch we quickly saw that the opposite would be the better way to go for the forseeable future. Patch, I believe, is the last relic of the Character Clone Wars. Doesn't mean we won't do alts in the future, but new characters will be far more common than them.

Wait a min...so there's might not be a 3* / 4* Thor in future or longer? Which consider one of the strongest character in the marvel?! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    ++ to less alt versions of the same characters, more different characters.

Welcome back, IceIX!
  • I am very disappointed with this character. Not only we get another version of a character we already have twice (ok, I have 0 covers of 4* Wolvie) instead of a new character, but he is just a buffed version of the 2* with the same colors and basically the same abilities? The first adds tiles, the second deals massive damage and the third heals. Nothing new here. Could it be that the design team has an inspiration crisis?
    Also, what is this new trend with abilities that help the opponent? First Ares gives them AP and now Wolverine gives them Strike tiles? I haven't tested Ares yet, but giving green to your opponent could backfire, right? And I just don't trust the AI to know when to use these abilities and when not to.
  • IceIX wrote:

Ah good to see you dude! Restore some order to this forum!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif How was China?!
  • He wears a tux

OXUQ2Ga.png?2
  • That cover art looks like it's from 1981, but looking on Wiki it says it was released in 1999.

edit: nevermind, it's 1989
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:

Darn, there goes my hopes of getting James Howlett (Earth-TRN208), hehe. Oh well, maybe we'll see some Young Avengers soon.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I would just like to mention I did not do any sort of hacking. I do not believe it was from anything on my end. As I was playing randomly the daily rewards would pop open again with the next days rewards. It stopped a little bit later. As it stands I am currently at day 108.
  • Actually this character is pretty weak overall other than his crazy healing powers. His red will be very strong if you build a team to maximize the number of emblems his face is on, but such a team would have seriously problems on defense (deny 3 colors and your team is useless). That said, his red makes it hard for you to use the usual 'save the hard to kill guy for last', because if you do that, then every tile will bear his emblem simply because everyone else is dead, and he will easily one shot anyone if he gets his red off. Sure, you can do the usual perma stun with Spiderman but I wouldn't count on that to stay the way it is for long.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Actually this character is pretty weak overall other than his crazy healing powers. His red will be very strong if you build a team to maximize the number of emblems his face is on, but such a team would have seriously problems on defense (deny 3 colors and your team is useless). That said, his red makes it hard for you to use the usual 'save the hard to kill guy for last', because if you do that, then every tile will bear his emblem simply because everyone else is dead, and he will easily one shot anyone if he gets his red off. Sure, you can do the usual perma stun with Spiderman but I wouldn't count on that to stay the way it is for long.

Agreed, deciding between green and red seems tough right now.
  • Can he one-shot a full health character with his red? I saw his level 15 stats, and was wondering what 12 strike tiles on the board (yours and the enemies combined) would do with 5 in red. Maxing green and red seem to have a huge damage potential, so if you're going to max red, you might as well max green for a great boost.
  • I still don't get why they are releasing this guy when Both of the current wolverines are due for rebalancing. Let's fix the current ones before we start releasing new ones.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Can he one-shot a full health character with his red? I saw his level 15 stats, and was wondering what 12 strike tiles on the board (yours and the enemies combined) would do with 5 in red. Maxing green and red seem to have a huge damage potential, so if you're going to max red, you might as well max green for a great boost.

That depends on how you build your team, but suppose he only matches his 3 colors on your team, that's 3/7 tiles (nobody has their emblem on environmental tiles) * 64 tiles = 27 tiles. So at 216 damage per tile, that's 27 * 216 = 5832 damage which would down all but the tankiest characters.

Of course, that's assuming you didn't build a team to exploit the skill. A team of Wolverine/Thor/Ares would likely one shot anyone with Wolverine's red (they all match the exact colors, so Wolverine should get all 6 colors due to him being highest level). And of course if he's the last person alive he'd also have his emblem on all the colors.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Phantron wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    Can he one-shot a full health character with his red? I saw his level 15 stats, and was wondering what 12 strike tiles on the board (yours and the enemies combined) would do with 5 in red. Maxing green and red seem to have a huge damage potential, so if you're going to max red, you might as well max green for a great boost.

That depends on how you build your team, but suppose he only matches his 3 colors on your team, that's 3/7 tiles (nobody has their emblem on environmental tiles) * 64 tiles = 27 tiles. So at 216 damage per tile, that's 27 * 216 = 5832 damage which would down all but the tankiest characters.

Of course, that's assuming you didn't build a team to exploit the skill. A team of Wolverine/Thor/Ares would likely one shot anyone with Wolverine's red (they all match the exact colors, so Wolverine should get all 6 colors due to him being highest level). And of course if he's the last person alive he'd also have his emblem on all the colors.

I just now realized that by tiles with wolverines icon actually meant the tile with his claws rather than his strike tiles lol. So hypothetically speaking, if I were to team him with Thor and Ares, where their was only 7 environmental tiles, that would do 12,312 damage. Hulk has the most health and would still get killed by Wolverines red, and then some. If their were 12 environmental tiles, it would do 11,232 damage, so pretty much, Wolverine could one-shot any character if he is exploited in this way. This seems useful for boosted opponents, I honestly wouldn't doubt it if is nerfed in the future, where they would only let his 3 strongest tiles count instead of all of the ones bearing his icon. By the way, can you show me where you got his max stats please?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    dmendro wrote:
    I still don't get why they are releasing this guy when Both of the current wolverines are due for rebalancing. Let's fix the current ones before we start releasing new ones.
    A subset of players got him early due to a bug. I wouldn't be surprised if they released him into the general population to keep those players from having a character no one else could attain at all.

If so, it's a good solution compared to taking the character away from people who got it purely by accident or letting them be the only ones to have it for a long, long time.