Comments

• Phaserhawk wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    No, I don't think he is.
    I don't get the math that says one skull cracker = 3 razor's edge

Skull Cracker does 1148 to each enemy

Razor's Edge does 1719 to one enemy.

It would take 3 Razor's Edge to equal or exceed the damage of 1 Skull Cracker. The only time Razor's Edge is better is when there is only 1 opponent left, because even if 2, you have 2 free turns of damage to add on

Using those numbers, it would take 2 of Razors Edge to equal One Skull Cracker, not three. 2x1719=3438 and 3x1148=3444.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    No, I don't think he is.

It would take 3 Razor's Edge to equal or exceed the damage of 1 Skull Cracker. The only time Razor's Edge is better is when there is only 1 opponent left, because even if 2, you have 2 free turns of damage to add on
    1 Skull Cracker = 3*1148 = 3444 damage. That's two Razor's edge, not three. What am I missing? (aside from the stun).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if his point is that her green hits three characters while her red hits one, so you'd need to use her red three times to damage all three characters.
  • Quebbster
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    No, I don't think he is.

Using those numbers, it would take 2 of Razors Edge to equal One Skull Cracker, not three. 2x1719=3438 and 3x1148=3444.
    In absolute numbers terms, yes, 3438 < 3444, so in a very technical sense he is correct and Razors Edge only does MORE damage than Skull Cracker on the third use. On the other hand, I don't think you can expect to deal 3444 damage with Skull Cracker every time since sometimes you'll already have KOed one opponent by the time you use it.
  • Gamora actually goes rather well with the new greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png character. Depending on the third character, she would tank green, red, and black (and blue if there is no blue user). Use purple to accelerate black, which lets you use a strong Bad Reputation quickly. You can then use a 5 AP red and an 8 AP green for quick damage, as well as the persistant attack tile that is being generated. Seems like a lot of damage that would add up quickly.
  • john1620b wrote:
    Gamora actually goes rather well with the new greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png character. Depending on the third character, she would tank green, red, and black (and blue if there is no blue user). Use purple to accelerate black, which lets you use a strong Bad Reputation quickly. You can then use a 5 AP red and an 8 AP green for quick damage, as well as the persistant attack tile that is being generated. Seems like a lot of damage that would add up quickly.
    Iron Fist actually makes a 5 black build for Gamora look pretty good. He won't steal any colors as long as he's in back, and he makes getting to 12 black AP a breeze, not to mention any black left on the board will be leveraged into more strike tiles when you use Bad Rep. Grocket makes a decent third, more strike tiles on blue and no reason to match away the yellow tiles to be filled by Bad Rep. With IF's perma-attack-tile, you'll always be doubling up on any strikes you drop. Load up and nuke away with red, plenty of options for green. Fun for the whole family.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've come up with a potential PvE hard node team that features Gamora tanking all 3 of her colors. If I get the chance I think I'm going 5/3/5 now.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I've been taking our normal/hard nodes with Gamora/Hood/oBW with Gam's build being 5/3/5 for a few weeks already. Doesn't matter the damage on her red as long as you get strike tiles, and hers are good when she tanks her colours.
    I also like the thematic Guardians of the Galaxy comp of Grocket/Gamora/potentially Star-Lord (need more yellows for SL). Grocket can still tank TU tiles if placed in the center, but Gamora would have all her colours stronger anyway. Grocket can even remove all TU tiles for Gamora to get more coloured tiles.
    Full rainbow: Gamora/Nick Fury, just add support of your choosing, preferably Hood so that Gamora still tanks her colours, or underleveled Loki.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    I've been taking our normal/hard nodes with Gamora/Hood/oBW with Gam's build being 5/3/5 for a few weeks already.
    What's your scaling like?
  • over_clocked
    simonsez wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I've been taking our normal/hard nodes with Gamora/Hood/oBW with Gam's build being 5/3/5 for a few weeks already.
    What's your scaling like?
    I honestly don't remember the actual levels. I remember that I was able to clear 4-5 nodes in Sim Hard with Gam/Hood/oBW without using all 5 healthpacks, or rotating my dupes much. I'll try to run this team on some Savage Land nodes (well, Bullseye I-III nodes, more likely Bullseye II only which is currently lvl 300 for me).
    My hardest nodes usually hit 395 by the end of an event/sub ('Ares' in Florida, 'Bullseye III' in Savage Land).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    My hardest nodes usually hit 395 by the end of an event/sub ('Ares' in Florida, 'Bullseye III' in Savage Land).
    Dang... seems like a lot of health to whittle down without having nukes.
  • over_clocked
    simonsez wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Dang... seems like a lot of health to whittle down without having nukes.
    Nope, wouldn't attempt 395 Ares/Ragnarok/Venom with Gamora. But she can tackle some hard nodes.
  • Quebbster
    I have a level 166 Gamora that's 5/4/4 since that is how the covers fell, and I just got another Red and Black from Taco tokens, meaning I could go with pretty much any cover configuration. What's considered her best build these days?
    I'm leaning towards 5/3/5 since I really like Skull Cracker and Bad Reputation. Losing damage on Razor's Edge is suboptimal, but with powerful strike tiles I should still be able to pump out the damage.
  • over_clocked
    Quebbster wrote:
    I have a level 166 Gamora that's 5/4/4 since that is how the covers fell, and I just got another Red and Black from Taco tokens, meaning I could go with pretty much any cover configuration. What's considered her best build these days?
    I'm leaning towards 5/3/5 since I really like Skull Cracker and Bad Reputation. Losing damage on Razor's Edge is suboptimal, but with powerful strike tiles I should still be able to pump out the damage.
    Can't vouch for best, but her strongest standalone build is easily 5/3/5. Here's a video of this build in action in PvE (vs level 306): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln_93LAAvvU Your logical assumption on red and strike tiles is correct. I do try and build around her to allow Gamora to tank her colours.
  • For pvp (when buffed) 5 black may be superb. Green, while lacking damage, is very useful at 5 covers (2 x 2 stuns).
    5 red is ok with Patch for quick burst team (mostly for pve easy-medium nodes).
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Not sure if it was just luck, but if one enemy was already stunned and I used Gamora's green, it seemed to always stun the remaining two enemies rather than choosing the one who was already stunned. My build was 5/5/3 and that worked pretty well in the recent PVP with CapMarvel's black. Also, one hit from her red could almost take down Hood because her level was boosted so high.
  • dkffiv
    Infrared wrote:
    Not sure if it was just luck, but if one enemy was already stunned and I used OrionGirl?'s green, it seemed to always stun the remaining two enemies rather than choosing the one who was already stunned. My build was 5/5/3 and that worked pretty well in the recent PVP with CapMarvel's black. Also, one hit from her red could almost take down Dormy'sPawn because her level was boosted so high.

Pretty sure its luck. It seems to stun 2 targets then deal the damage, a lot of times one target would die from green but I needed the stun immediately so I had to cast it before downing the weak one. I had 5/5/3 and got a black cover from DDQ token and swapped her to 5/4/4. Lost like 40% of red's damage but I was usually spamming it after black or Groot's blue so it didn't make much of a difference.
  • dkffiv
    I wish the difference between 3 and 5 covers in red wasn't so drastic. For hard PvE nodes I think 5/3/5 is the superior build (R&G Gamora Star-Lord might be good enough to tackle 395 nodes, especially if one of them is boosted). For easy PvE nodes 5/5/3 is superior but I could just as easily bring Psylocke along for a similar function. For Lightning Rounds 5 red is probably better because you're bringing Xforce but in super-buffed PvP Xforce isn't worth bringing if you're facing 2-3 15k+ targets. I didn't really miss Xforce with a 280 Groot + Gamora during Black Vortex so if the PvP format remains as several 3* are 280 then 5 black is probably the way to go. Had 5/5/3, got a black from DP token to make her 5/4/4, now I'm sitting on another red from the daily and debating if I should switch her back or just wait for the last black cover.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    I wish the difference between 3 and 5 covers in red wasn't so drastic. For hard PvE nodes I think 5/3/5 is the superior build (R&G Gamora Star-Lord might be good enough to tackle 395 nodes, especially if one of them is boosted). For easy PvE nodes 5/5/3 is superior but I could just as easily bring Psylocke along for a similar function. For Lightning Rounds 5 red is probably better because you're bringing Xforce but in super-buffed PvP Xforce isn't worth bringing if you're facing 2-3 15k+ targets. I didn't really miss Xforce with a 280 Groot + Gamora during Black Vortex so if the PvP format remains as several 3* are 280 then 5 black is probably the way to go. Had 5/5/3, got a black from DP token to make her 5/4/4, now I'm sitting on another red from the daily and debating if I should switch her back or just wait for the last black cover.

lol, doing the same thing except sitting on a red, I noticed a bit of a difference on black with the upgrade, she's really good with Iron Fist as you can really accelerate into black, and once you get strike tiles out the dmg from red won't matter.

Here's the skinny, if you combo red with black you give up roughly 800 upfront damage for an extra 400 dmg every skill use or tile match (assuming you create 6 strike tiles)

Gamora is essentially a Patch variate without the healing.
  • sweegy
    sweegy Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I've been using her lately while she's boosted and having fun with huge burst when when she tanks 3 or 4 colors. Does it bug anyone else that the red power is a sword slash but the sound effect sounds like a punch or a thud?