**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• _fulu_ wrote:
    matcom wrote:
    My 4*wolverine is at lvl66 now but the strike tiles r still doing only 7 damage each. Does anyone know if this is a bug or what?

It isn't. He has underwhelming strike tile damage. 17 at level 243

my god thats terrible.
  • Do we know if the level 5 version of his green ability allows him to place strike icons on environment tiles? That would at least be somewhat unique. Plus the fact that he can overwrite an enemy strike/protect/countdown has some value. (still not great, just trying to look at the bright side icon_lol.gif )
  • adamLmpq wrote:
    Do we know if the level 5 version of his green ability allows him to place strike icons on environment tiles? That would at least be somewhat unique. Plus the fact that he can overwrite an enemy strike/protect/countdown has some value. (still not great, just trying to look at the bright side icon_lol.gif )

No, it doesn't, and I'm not sure that it overwrites other special tiles either.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    adamLmpq wrote:
    Do we know if the level 5 version of his green ability allows him to place strike icons on environment tiles? That would at least be somewhat unique. Plus the fact that he can overwrite an enemy strike/protect/countdown has some value. (still not great, just trying to look at the bright side icon_lol.gif )

No, it doesn't, and I'm not sure that it overwrites other special tiles either.

Is it bugged? Description says at level 3 it overwrite Strike and Protect tiles, and at level 5 it works on all tiles.
  • Oh. I forgot that. Then it would overwrite those. It doesn't overwrite environ though.
  • 2* wolverine could easily beat this guy in a fight if they were both leveled to max. If that isn't a sign that he needs a buff I don't know what is.
  • bongo king wrote:
    2* wolverine could easily beat this guy in a fight if they were both leveled to max. If that isn't a sign that he needs a buff I don't know what is.

Well, yes, but X-force can still 1 hit 2* with his red. Still, he rather sucks
  • The green skill of the precious 4* Wolverine x-force is so useless. The strike tiles only do 7 damage at lvl 66 and I heard at lvl 240 it does only 17damage. I'm not sure if the high damage from the red skill can compensate for the uselessness of the green. Can D3 do something about it please??? At least give me an incentive to spend my HP. thx icon_e_smile.gif
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I could swear his yellow ability description used to be something like...
    "Wolverine begins the healing process. Creates yellow countdown blah blah blah."

But now it says ...
    "Wolverine's healing ability kicks in. Creates yellow countdown blah blah blah."
    Am I just imagining this, or has there actually been a change?
    I can only see this because he is a reward in Smash Hit, by the way. Can someone with more of his covers confirm or deny any changes in his powers?
  • They tweaked his healing power on the 12/23 patch. Maybe they changed the text then.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, that's probably what I'm thinking of then... sorry to cause the false alarm!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get a preview of what his skills will be like when he's updated?

Since this will likely be a character improvement, I doubt there will be much complaining.
  • According to the character balance thread Wolverine X-Force is #3 on the queue, so we'll have to see changes to Thor first before Wolverine gets changed.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor will likely be a nerf, though, and most people don't like nerfs. Showing a nerf ahead of time will just make people madder.

But showing a buff ahead of time ... I don't see a downside.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor will likely be a nerf, though, and most people don't like nerfs. Showing a nerf ahead of time will just make people madder.

But showing a buff ahead of time ... I don't see a downside.
    Transparency with this sort of change is good in general. If people think the nerf is awful, at least they have a couple of days for a last Thorrah.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bah, i hope the change comes next week: i have a 4th green that i dont know what to do with.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    I'm in the same boat as NP. Can we get some information about if yellow will remain a countdown?

At the moment I want to do 5/5/3. I have him at 3/5/1 with a fourth green in the cache.
  • Mine is 4/5/4, based on the current skills. I hope the change doesn't destroy that build, but either way.I'm excited to see what is in store.
  • Currently at 4/4/2 with a green that I will likely have to sell in case five yellow is worth having
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I'm in the same boat as NP. Can we get some information about if yellow will remain a countdown?

At the moment I want to do 5/5/3. I have him at 3/5/1 with a fourth green in the cache.

For a second I thought u said you had 4 green in the cache lol... I was like WHAT ?!?!?

I wanna know this too. Not sure if I should put a 5th in green. Wasn't sure if i should put a 4th even but I did it under the idea that by the time I have the ISO to make him viable there will be a respec option anyway lol...
This discussion has been closed.