Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    12 to 5 is too much on GT's blue... 8 would have been much more reasonable - it would also be more in line with 4* power - After all it would give only 9.8k damage for 19 AP! (9 blue and 10 red) - now let's compare that to XF who does about 4.5k + 5k for 19 AP (8 green + 11 black)...
    But now we have only 7650 for 19 AP, which means that GT was overnerfed.
  • You guys are looking at this all wrong. I just had 3-4 spots on my roster clear up.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Ok - Some valid nerfs and some lesser needed - but when are the buffs coming?

If you touched MnMags, at least upgrade the blue power a little, too

This would be nice. MNMs Blue power SUCKS.... like really really sucks. The reason he's part of all these "blue fuel combos" is that's all he's good for, because he can't fuel himself.
    Very much agree. I always wondered why the blue was underpowered, took longer to activate, and didn't get AP generation while red is a monster since its quite the opposite. And now it gets fueled even more...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    WilsonFisk wrote:
    Are there going to be actual HP refunds for the characters and not just your **** buy backs? I dropped 5k hp on iron fist less than a week ago, I dropped over 10k hp to max 4hor. Giving me 2500hp as a buy back doesn't work!

The Nerfs are what they are, but screwing over your customers that spent Hp on relatively new characters is wrong.
    Anyone that bought covers for a nerfed character should get half the hp back.. We buy cover based on the stats for that character that it is worth having now or later..had we been informed we would not have invested.. Now thats good CS..
  • ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I've only been playing this game for coming up on three months. I've barely even been playing the PVE events maybe about a month and half and don't bother with the PVP. The 3 covers are hard to come by and the only way I was able to get some is largely due deadpool's daily which I heavily really on the C storm and Mags combo to get thru. This change just killed me from ever trying to get to a point where I can get competitive.
    Also, this is a bad business model. For future characters if I was thinking of putting money in, why would I ever invest money into a character powers when you can later change on a whim. I personally want to be able keep what I pay for. If yall change or have changed that I'm surprised you'll don't have legal issues.
  • Who would buy covers for anyone after this, new character or not. I bought half my 4thor covers release week and I'm pissed. I can only imagine how someone who bought up IF to 166 feels. If it were me I'd be on their doorstep getting my money back right now.

It pretty much is deceptive trade practices in my opinion. It would be different if this game was free but since it sells things like covers...it really is deceptive to "advertise" and show what a product does then change it for the worse after its already purchased by a customer. This isn't a bug they were fixing, it was a flat out feature change which you do not have the option to decline and is inherently different from what you purchased.

Just to be clear none of these changes effect me, really, I was actually going to buy some thor blue covers but due to the iTunes outage yesterday I couldnt...I'm not buying them now nor will I buy any covers ever again because they are subject to change at whim.

Nothing short of a flat out refund of every cover for that character at full price (unless they have traceability to all the hp used for shields, health packs, purchased covers, ISO purchased, etc) would a remedy be considered fair for those that actually purchased covers IMO.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    If you are going to nerf stormeto--the main combo a transitioning team can use to beat these high-level nodes, then maybe you should address the scaling? I don't even use it too much, but I went into the Florida sub...and I have 94's---the one node has 170 Ares, Daken, and Venom? Seriously???? When would someone ever try to take on a team in pvp with those lvl differences? The only chance in hell is if you boosted Stormeto and got a lucky board. Now? No chance in hell, so transitioners will be locked out of higher tier rewards.

Thanks for that.
  • MNMags/CStorm was a broken combo for the longest time, despite tons of us relying on it. I think MNMags change makes him more compatible with any red user. At the 2* level CStorm is really the one taking the hit.

New MNMags goes better with Cap, decently better with Wolverine, and probably even Ms Marvel and Thor. With Ms Marvel, if you saved up enough yellow and purple you might be able to make the entire board red white and blue.

MNMags blue can be decent - a 3 turn countdown that clears half the board and does 1K damage for 9 blue, ok at 2* level.
  • After the release of the Deadpool Daily quest, I was tempted to show some appreciation for MPQ and buy some Hero Points. Now, after reading this, i'm glad I didn't. Nerfs and character revisions only encourage disdain and resentment. Nerfing characters they recently released (Mystique & Iron Fist) just shows they don't have a clue what they're doing.

I sure am glad I didn't give MPQ any money. They don't deserve it.
  • I have an early entry to next month's Q&E:

Next time could you guys at least pay us dinner first?
  • I'd agree that IF cover purchases should be refunded, but there is no way anyone who bought TGT up to 5 blueflag.png hasn't reaped the reward of having her 10 times over.

Perhaps just refund cover purchases within the past 2 weeks on changed characters? When did IF get released, more than 2 weeks ago?

Also no refund for cover pack purchases. You know what you signed up for when you pulled the slot machine lever.
  • I am actually looking forward to the changes.

Though where is my IW mod?
  • spccrain wrote:
    Haha way to celebrate women of marvel month d3! Nerf the strongest two ladies (argueably I suppose) and buff one of the guys (cyborg I suppose) icon_lol.gif

55493933.jpg
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I'd agree that IF cover purchases should be refunded, but there is no way anyone who bought TGT up to 5 blueflag.png hasn't reaped the reward of having her 10 times over.

Perhaps just refund cover purchases within the past 2 weeks on changed characters? When did IF get released, more than 2 weeks ago?

Also no refund for cover pack purchases. You know what you signed up for when you pulled the slot machine lever.

Really, I've had my GT online for days.

Are you going to tell me I got my money's worth with my daredevil and GSBW covers?
  • Lerysh wrote:
    I'd agree that IF cover purchases should be refunded, but there is no way anyone who bought TGT up to 5 blueflag.png hasn't reaped the reward of having her 10 times over.

What someone does or is able to benefit from something they paid for is inconsequential to essentially getting ripped off from why they bought the cover to begin with. That's like saying that car is a lemon but since you were able to drive it to work the past three months you got a paycheck so we can't refund you the cost of that car.
  • Rags, to fix him ~don't~ change red. Let red fuel green AND blue fuel green and the cost of green is almost justified. Then a rags Lazy Thor GSBW would be a funny team to run, blue makes green, red makes green, yellow makes green, purple makes green and green is going to be an aoe no matter who uses it.
  • What is it with March and Character NERFs in MPQ land, anyway?

Also a tad odd, with 3 such NERFs and one(technical) buff, but the FAR WORSE news is the back-breaking announcement of the end of star.pngstar.png -land clutch (and transition-land's crutch) combo of StormNeto. Why can't Max ever catch a break from the NERF-battings?

Oh, wait. That's right. NERF bats aren't metal. icon_cool.gif

IMO, NERFing Mystique was probably the better answer. Not crippling an already-overspecialized character into near-unplayability.

Next character rankings are going to see some swings...can't wait icon_e_confused.gif
  • I have a better fix for MNM: Change Polarity Shift to yellowflag.png and don't change it's blue generation potential, and leave Mystique the hell alone. There is some precedent for yellow conversion powers, Thor has one. Then it falls outside the chain of MNM -> MQ -> MNM. Then all you have to do is under no circumstances make a blue power that creates yellow tiles.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I quite like the updates, though Ragnorak's green does seem weak for that cost.
    Wouldn't go out of my way for him, but I'd - one day - like 355 Ragnorak as a support character; bags of health, hopefully true healing, cheap blue tiles, green charged tiles. icon_cool.gif

Magneto change a bit offbeat, but intrigued to see if red generation will be an asset in many teams (besides the infrequent but fun 5 cover Mag attack).
  • Mystique - with board spam abilities like this, one less tile is a big difference, two less tiles is a huge difference and going from a three match power to a 4 match power weakens it by way too much. She was borderline interesting even without MNM but now? Too slow and too squishy. MNM was the one causing trouble with her, she wasn't causing any sort of issues on her own.