Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Haha way to celebrate women of marvel month d3! Nerf the strongest two ladies (argueably I suppose) and buff one of the guys (cyborg I suppose) icon_lol.gif
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Jathro wrote:
    Thanks for leaving Rag's red alone - at least he has one useful ability icon_rolleyes.gif
    The best part is they didn't leave it alone haha it generates blue now
  • Busy little bees...I kept scrolling and couldn't find invisible woman...
    It seems the only ones affected by Invisible Woman's invisibility are the devs. icon_razz.gif

Not a huge fan of Ragnarok's changes at this point since it seems to completely change his character from a weak but fast character into a (2- and 3-star) Thor-like slow build-up powerful character. Nothing wrong with it of course but I liked the contrast between Thor and Ragnarok's playstyles. Will have to actually try him to see how it goes.

Thoria's nerfs to her charged tile generation seems fair. However I'm not sure if the nerf to her stun was really necessary.

Thank goodness for Iron Fist's nerf.

MMags & Mystique nerf was necessary, but I'm sad that the MMags nerf is going to heavily affect his combo possibility with CStorm, which was a totally valid combo.

i felt a disturbance in the force....it was like a million 2* roster players screamed out in agony...

Mnmags and cstorm no more...that just hurt a lot of people's climb in pvp

And ragnarok will just be even more annoying in pve...I can't wait to face his level 9000 self in the hunt...starting today!!!

I've already tested. Still easy to make a match five with just 3 blue tiles. The combo is just not op any more.

Yeah no doubt you can but I remember from my 2* days that it wasn't just about that first match five, it was getting as much blue so I could not only fire wind storm once, but set myself up pretty well to fire it off a second time very quickly, I don't see that happening anymore. Again, those days are long gone for me but...yeah I could see a lot of people just collectively throw there phones down in disgust.
  • Hope you guys have thick-skin. You're going to get a ton of flack for this, especially from those who bought covers or relied on these combos (such as my beloved C.Storm + MnMags icon_cry.gif). However, some of these nerfs were definitely needed and the changes made are at the very least reasonable (though 4or blueflag.png seems to be a little much). I appreciate that some of these exploits have been addressed.

Also, I had something really sarcastic to say about the Rags change mid-event, but the more I think about it, the more I look forward to not eating a Godlike Power every single turn.

And I'm guessing you weren't around in the early days when his powers were 2ap and Rags and Venom could basically do an infinite loop of Godlike, Thunder, stun, godlike, thunder, stun....until you're phone went to sleep or your threw it across the room. Whichever came first.

Sad about Mystique as I maxed her quickly just so she could help feed XF Black but I'm ok with everything else. 4or blue was rediculous and it gave anyone with a few hundred bucks to spare an easy climb to the top in PVP. I'm guessing anyone doing a Blue to Red combo was doing about 6k overkill each time anyway. Don't be sad that it will only do 7,650 damage now.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm so glad I didn't preemptively pump ISO into Rags, since this makes him totally suck compared to before. The only good thing is that he'll no longer be a huge pain in the **** in PvE.

GT nerf? So 19AP for 7k damage feels about right to you guys?? What it feels like to me is that you fixed the "everyone uses GT" problem the same way you fixed the "everyone uses Sentry" problem. Seriously, f'ing Devil Dino has a better damage to AP ratio, and you people admit that he's intended as a joke character. What does that make GT?

Iron Fist? Smart move, waiting for the buys of purple covers to tail off before announcing this. Same old f'ing bait and switch, except you usually take longer to screw us.

Magstique nerf? All I can say to this is that now Prof X has gone from a one-trick pony to completely f'ing useless. So why exactly are we all still playing The Hunt? Hell, after this laundry list of garbage, I'm going to have to figure out why I'm still playing at all.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:
    Thanks for leaving Rag's red alone - at least he has one useful ability icon_rolleyes.gif
    Read it again
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread is evidence to how little internal testing they do. IF nerfed weeks after release, Prof X nerfed prerelease...
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Also regarding rags blue: come on guys. This ability is terrible, and is not going to make Rags remotely playable. I'm disappointed that you decided to make green just a copy of Thor's green. I liked the idea that Rags was a faster, but weaker version of Thor. Having his green be this expensive is a huge letdown.

Unless it's true healing (which it obviously isn't), who's going to use this power? All that waiting and this is the best they came up with? Doesn't exactly fill me with hope for IW if she ever actually does get rebalanced....

This thread isn't Coming Soon: Character Updates!
    It should be Coming Soon: Character Updates icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Why wouldn't it be True Healing? It only targets Rags, like every other true healing ability out there. Only heals the user.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    LOL...just lol.

Nerfing IF a week after release. The fact that his Overpowered status was obvious well before release, you still released him, AND you offered him in token packs knowing you would sucker noobs into dropping $$$ on him. By him being overpowered, you knew people would drop $$$ on covers at release. This either makes the people in charge incompetent or shady. Great business practice.

Nerf 4thor...is an Xforce nerf coming????

Not mad though. People should know no "investment" is safe when spending real world $$$ on any game.
  • Wow, these changes to mags/myst hurt the little guys more than the others. Can we thank Phatron for all his complaining for this? Makes me want prof x a little less now.

When is xforce getting nerfed? I don't have him covered up, so please nerf him so it ruins other people's days now also.
  • Logia wrote:
    I'm rather confused on why Thor was nerfed while the much stronger xforce was left alone.

She's still usable, but now blue is completely garbage before 5 covers. Before it became okay at 3. Which I guess is now as strong as it'll ever get. I just bought the third blue but now I'm not sure if I even bother spending HP on another.

Not to mention that nerfing her yellow is completely bizarre. No one ever used it so you made it worse?

Oh don't worry, I'm sure he's on the list. Or maybe not, he might be their biggest cover selling money maker.

If they do nerf him, I can't ever see myself really going hard to get any 4*s again. The next big thing will always have an expiration date.
  • I just levelled my Mystique today. That's some hot garbage right there, what am I going to do with a lvl 140 2/5/4 Mystique right now? Regardless of the nature of the changes a ton of stuff is happening at once, I hope we will some help with the transition to the new characters.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm, what if MagsMN random 5 red tile generation turns one of the existing blue to red - breaking a potential match. Can that happen?

It won't. I made sure.

Also to answer someone else's question we will likely be offering increased sale prices on updated characters. I'll update the above post when I have the official list. I would assume Thor and Ragnarok for sure.
    Wait, so if you had:
    blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.png
    blacktile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png
    bluetile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    and you decide to change the green tiles to blue, this won't happen?
    blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png
    blacktile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png
    redtile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.png

If so, could you add that description to the ability? Are enemy tiles possibly converted to red? If so, do they retain their ability or do they just change color?
    Polarity Shift - New - Cost: 9
    Magneto uses the sheer force of magnetism to reconfigure the battlefield. Changes 1 selected basic color tile to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 2 - Changes 2 selected basic color tiles to Blue.
    Level 3 - Creates 4 Red tiles.
    Level 4 - Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 3 Red tiles.
    Level 5 - Creates 5 Red tiles.
    MAX Level 5: Changes 3 selected basic color tiles to Blue, and creates 5 Red tiles.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor 2* transitioners. I think lots of the recommendations on how to beat DPD was MMN+Storm - gone goes that. And why? I think I saw winfinite one time in PVP, because it invites IMMEDIATE attacks there. It works a bit in PVE - maybe if scaling wasn't so crazy folks wouldn't use it? Maybe only Mystique was the problem....except I rarely if ever see her out there "fueling X-force" or doing anything else. Nope, it's likely because it was pointed out how broken this would be with Charles. Hey, why fix Charles - might as well nerf both the other parts of that!

Rags: Blue? Bleh. And his red makes blue, so it doesn't fuel green for anyone. I'll never drop another level into him. Apparently they didn't get the "we don't like characters hurting our whole team" message from Sentry....

Thor: I didn't yet have, but this convinced me not to buy her covers. Was very much considering dropping $100 when there was an HP sale, making my 3/1/1 playable, and going 4* transition. Thanks for announcing these nerfs before putting out an HP sale! So there is that I guess. To bad her yellow wasn't left alone, maybe multiple build types would have been viable.

IF: Yep, purple was OP. Glad I didn't drop any HP into this guy, saw the nerf-hammer on the horizon but thought we'd have to see IF everywhere for 4-6 months first. Still 5ap so still "spammable", but makes multiple builds and option. So there is that.

I don't know why they didn't come out and give the benefit of this update. Here is how this could have been worded:

Hey everyone! We know roster spots are to expensive! We have a solution for you!
    Ragnarok: we'll make him worthless, so you don't have to waste the roster spot!
    MNM: we'll make him worthless, so you don't have to waste the roster spot!
    Mystique: we'll make her worthless, so you don't have to waste the roster spot!
    AND AS A BONUS: We're going to make sure most 4*'s are not strictly better than 3*'s! You won't be getting them anyway, but now you don't have to waste those roster spots either! (Hey fellas, we also fixed the Transition process! High Fives!)

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • Logia wrote:
    I'm rather confused on why Thor was nerfed while the much stronger xforce was left alone.

She's still usable, but now blue is completely garbage before 5 covers. Before it became okay at 3. Which I guess is now as strong as it'll ever get. I just bought the third blue but now I'm not sure if I even bother spending HP on another.

Not to mention that nerfing her yellow is completely bizarre. No one ever used it so you made it worse?

Oh don't worry, I'm sure he's on the list. Or maybe not, he might be their biggest cover selling money maker.

If they do nerf him, I can't ever see myself really going hard to get any 4*s again. The next big thing will always have an expiration date.

if it makes you feel any better, I was going to drop $$$ on xforce tomorrow since I will finally be getting my first green cover from daily. Now, not sure. We all know this is a reality though. Can't be that mad.
  • let see where we stand after this update
    player base upset to the point of quitting check
    top tier character nerfed check
    inta-nerf any possible alternate respec check
    top tier combo nerfed check
    mid/low tier combo nerfed check
    low tier combo destroyed check
    a bunch of changes to adjust for negative heavy update..... ??? rags got a new power

this generates new revenue by doing what? Also when you need to nerf a character right after release that shows how much thought goes into character generation and balancing
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm glad they did this now, because I was debating buying covers for Goddess Thor and now I don't think I'm going to. Most of these were probably inevitable though, and since I didn't use the broken combo, I'm not too upset about it. Especially since I have a 5/3/5 Mystique.

I will say this to the devs: this would be a really good time to announce buffs to Invisible Woman and Beast.
    My thoughts too. With the 4Thor's balance, the other weakest 4* might become more appealing.
    Of course, IW still need a buff icon_e_wink.gif
    I mean currently, there was no point investing in a 4* character before leveling XF and 4Thor. Even if you had far more covers for IW or Fury as it's my case. Now I'm convinced that 4Thor is still a powerful character but I'll have less remorse choosing another 4* character to invest in... maybe a lady character whose buff would be announced soon icon_e_smile.gif
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    Also regarding rags blue: come on guys. This ability is terrible, and is not going to make Rags remotely playable. I'm disappointed that you decided to make green just a copy of Thor's green. I liked the idea that Rags was a faster, but weaker version of Thor. Having his green be this expensive is a huge letdown.

Unless it's true healing (which it obviously isn't), who's going to use this power? All that waiting and this is the best they came up with? Doesn't exactly fill me with hope for IW if she ever actually does get rebalanced....

This thread isn't Coming Soon: Character Updates!
    It should be Coming Soon: Character Updates icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Why wouldn't it be True Healing? It only targets Rags, like every other true healing ability out there. Only heals the user.
    The wording of the ability uses the phase "burst of health" which is the devs' code word for "un-True healing".
  • simonsez wrote:
    I'm so glad I didn't preemptively pump ISO into Rags, since this makes him totally suck compared to before. The only good thing is that he'll no longer be a huge pain in the **** in PvE.

GT nerf? So 19AP for 7k damage feels about right to you guys?? What it feels like to me is that you fixed the "everyone uses GT" problem the same way you fixed the "everyone uses Sentry" problem. Seriously, f'ing Devil Dino has a better damage to AP ratio, and you people admit that he's intended as a joke character. What does that make GT?

Iron Fist? Smart move, waiting for the buys of purple covers to tail off before announcing this. Same old f'ing bait and switch, except you usually take longer to screw us.

Magstique nerf? All I can say to this is that now Prof X has gone from a one-trick pony to completely f'ing useless. So why exactly are we all still playing The Hunt? Hell, after this laundry list of garbage, I'm going to have to figure out why I'm still playing at all.

Nerfing 4thor during Women of Marvel month. That's some funny tinykitty, you have to admit
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    spccrain wrote:
    Haha way to celebrate women of marvel month d3! Nerf the strongest two ladies (argueably I suppose) and buff one of the guys (cyborg I suppose) icon_lol.gif

I agree with D3, the best time to put them in there place is women's month. That way you know they heard you.

JK D3 sucks- Womens are awesome though! ( except 4thor, Devs just gave her a black eye and told her to shut up)