Coming Soon: Character Updates!

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    IW and other vaulted characters likely won't have their tweaks announced until they're about to be put back in the game.

As for the current changes? Meh. The game will survive and a new meta will emerge. This hurts the players with limited rosters more than it does those with robust ones. Especially those that just paid out a bunch of HP and ISO to craft teams that they can use to compete.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    IF update is the only one that affects my team any right now and I was more concerned with the attack tile than the black tile generation.

Never used the infinity combo.

4thor will be easier(read:Have less risk) to take down now so I guess that benefits me some in the short term.

Still don't see myself using rags even with this update, maybe once I get 4hor fully covered? At least I won't have the feeling of despair every time my strike/attack/countdown/etc tiles land in the middle two rows when facing him anymore.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Thanks so much for the detailed update, Miles! I'm really looking forward to trying out the new Ragnarok -- and, happy to see a blue power on such a tanky character.

will Rags now have three different color strengths as is the standard? (I never knew in the past why he seemed to be unique in having equal strength on green and red). I presume that order is now Green>Red>Blue?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    ricin wrote:
    Well, since you have decided to tinykitty over 3* people using Mystique MMags combo (I have no max Xforce or Goddess Thor) in PVE. Will you drop the stupid tinykitty scaling that has been put into effect? When I start a PVE and nodes are already scaled into 200's after one clear, I don't have another option to run. Can you please make the next character have the powers of slap and tickle because that really seems to be about the level that most complainers want.

You have high scaling because you've been using the combo. Not the other way around.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    For nerfing a character that a lot of people bought covers not very long ago. All the stuff that needs addressing and this is what your doing. My waivering faith in you just went to total lack there of. Nerfing a character that came out a week ago and still haven't touched IW. You don't give care about anyone playing this game and I'm not going to contribute to this any longer. You morons should be ashamed of your cash grabbing ways. These aren't balances this is robbery plain and simple. How would feel if you bought a porsche and three months later the people who sold it to you take it back give you gremlin instead.
  • Power Surge - Old - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 3 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 4 turns. Makes 12 charged tiles.

Power Surge - New - 9 AP
    Thor raises Mjolnir to the sky, summoning a lightning storm to shock and stagger her foes. Stuns the enemy for 1 turn and converts 2 random Red, Blue, or Yellow basic tiles into Charged tiles.
    Level 2 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 3 charged tiles.
    Level 3 - Stuns for 1 turn. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 4 - Stuns for 2 turns. Makes 4 charged tiles.
    Level 5 - Stuns for 3 turns. Makes 5 charged tiles.

Wow! Fvck you guys
  • Wow, this is clumsy.
    Really, you're nerf in characters you didn't release and characters you barely have? Are you really sure anyone will ever buy covers for a new character after this?

And really you nerf gt and leave xf as is?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Rags green looks really weak.

Also, what does burst of health mean for his blue? True or temporary heal? Also looks weak, either way.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Good luck all those 2* teams and those just starting the transition who heavily rely on stormento to survive. That nerf is a serious kick in the pants. Ouch.
  • So gt max blue/red combo now does 7k and leaves 10 charged tiles, instead of 12k and 16 charged tiles.

You basically made her half as powerful. Smite does 4k by itself, making it worse than xforce green. This does probably put her on parity with fury, but it makes xforce the best character in the game by orders of magnitude. I have trouble thinking why anyone would think that's a good idea.
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Thanks so much for the detailed update, Miles! I'm really looking forward to trying out the new Ragnarok -- and, happy to see a blue power on such a tanky character.

will Rags now have three different color strengths as is the standard? (I never knew in the past why he seemed to be unique in having equal strength on green and red). I presume that order is now Green>Red>Blue?

Yes! That's rolled in with the update. You should see his new color strengths when he arrives in-game later this evening.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Now that I've thought about these changes some more, I think they're a positive step in the right direction, but some of these changes still show the lack of understanding that the devs have with regards to the game in general.

1. Thoress yellow nerf. This was just completely unnecessary - no one used yellow anyways, and even if charged tiles were overpowered on Smite, the conditional ones that yellow made clearly weren't. Now that blue / red were nerfed, yellow builds might be viable, but nerfing it obviously doesn't help there.

2. MQ blue - MNM was the real problem, why was this toned down as well? Mystique was a perfectly balanced character outside of the combo: now that the combo is neutered with MNM (which is definitely a needed change), why is there more residual changes?

These two changes in particular just really show to me that the devs are continuing to overdo nerfs. 4or and winfinite became balanced after changes to surge/smite and MNM. Tacking on these nerfs just seems completely unnecessary, and is part of the reason why Demiurge failed so horribly in the past with nerfs such as Sentry: they fixed the root problem, and then decided "hey, lets make sure this is never a problem again by nerfing some more!", which lead to Sentry getting wheelchaired. It's not as bad this time around with MQ not getting wheelchaired nearly as much, but its a common pattern that really should be addressed.

Also regarding rags blue: come on guys. This ability is terrible, and is not going to make Rags remotely playable. I'm disappointed that you decided to make green just a copy of Thor's green. I liked the idea that Rags was a faster, but weaker version of Thor. Having his green be this expensive is a huge letdown.
  • scottee wrote:
    ricin wrote:
    Well, since you have decided to tinykitty over 3* people using Mystique MMags combo (I have no max Xforce or Goddess Thor) in PVE. Will you drop the stupid tinykitty scaling that has been put into effect? When I start a PVE and nodes are already scaled into 200's after one clear, I don't have another option to run. Can you please make the next character have the powers of slap and tickle because that really seems to be about the level that most complainers want.

You have high scaling because you've been using the combo. Not the other way around.

Nope, scaling was before using it. I generally run Lcap, Lthor, Blade, many others first and then only revert to Mmags Mystique when those players are wiped. It was a nice try though.
  • FU D3! For nerfing a character that a lot of people bought covers not very long ago. All the stuff that needs addressing and this is what your doing. My waivering faith in you just went to total lack there of. Nerfing a character that came out a week ago and still haven't touched IW. You don't give two F'n shyts about anyone playing this game and I'm not going to contribute to this B.S. any longer. You morons should be ashamed of your cash grabbing ways. These aren't balances this is robbery plain and simple. How would feel if you bought a porsche and three months later the people who sold it to you take it back give you gremlin instead. Once Again big middle finger...FU!

Some might liken such a move to a term called "bait and switch"...the DTPA covers things like this to protect consumers...
  • Hope you guys have thick-skin. You're going to get a ton of flack for this, especially from those who bought covers or relied on these combos (such as my beloved C.Storm + MnMags icon_cry.gif). However, some of these nerfs were definitely needed and the changes made are at the very least reasonable (though 4or blueflag.png seems to be a little much). I appreciate that some of these exploits have been addressed.

Also, I had something really sarcastic to say about the Rags change mid-event, but the more I think about it, the more I look forward to not eating a Godlike Power every single turn.
  • Now we have 2 - 4*s in wheelchairs!
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Hey All

[Oatmeal]
    [Oatmeal]
    [Oatmeal]
    [Toast]
    [Oatmeal]

TL;DR
    [Mostly oatmeal]

I'll just have the soup.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Now we have 2 - 4*s in wheelchairs!

*yawn* because post nerf 4or is clearly IW tier. Please.
  • i'm torn about rags changes absolutely hate team damaging abilities in the current game state, green cost too much but i wouldn't be using it cause i got an xforce.
    SCUMBAGSTEVE.jpg
    damages team heals himself

birth of mnMags, rag, cStorm?? no no no no rags is a 3* silly devs. Have fun destroying 2* life more?
  • No real surprises. Great jobs on the changes with one exception, mystique. The problem with mq is they sentry ' d her blue, they double nerfed it. They should have chose less tiles converted or higher cost, not both.

Also, nerfing 4or yellow is just funny.