**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• Ludaa wrote:
    Guys, I've found a way to counter this OP new 4*

Per the blog article,

"Shutting down Xavier with Iron Man’s Repulsor Blast doesn't mean that Tony shot the poor Professor in the face."

I don't know what stories you all are coming up with, but I'm definitely shooting the enemy in the face if it saves me a health pack. icon_e_smile.gif

I dont care what they say, for me the repulsor blast blows the chair, the rest is just IM stepping on the Professor face until he's downed
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent Alex wrote:
    I will roll with 5/3/5 when I can get all the covers 6-8 months from now.

Well i think the same, worst case only 2 from pve (my usual scenario, they should change top 10)
    plus 2 or 3 from next Seasons

Guess is up to 1k scores, but rotation will take a time

Anyway, he's not a game changer, only reinforces you if you already had a high end team
    That kind of sucks, since Goddess (and she steals needs more ap) the other 4* are no fair competition against X, not even closer

True, but if you could get MnMags/Mystique/and hope to God you can get Xavier blue in PvE, you could pony up the cash to max his blue to 5, then proceed to winfinite combo your way in PvP
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    True, but if you could get MnMags/Mystique/and hope to God you can get Xavier blue in PvE, you could pony up the cash to max his blue to 5, then proceed to winfinite combo your way in PvP

In theory you could, but i bet you would be **** in mid hops, i havent tried/needed winfinite but i guess it would take time, worse with the Star Lord / Dino tactic, useful but too slow
  • Phaserhawk
    ErikPeter wrote:
    So, assuming the article is a little more up-to-date, they replaced the extra damage with protect tiles? That reduces his potency with cheap attacks a bit. Or it doesn't!

Yeah, if the article is more up to date then 5/5/3 is a no brainer at that point, Then all you are losing is an attack tile, meanwhile you keep boosting shields.

So if Defense and not damage ends up being the thing and you end up going 5/5/3 you don't want anyone taking colors from Xavier as he'll need to be doing all the matching he can, 4x200+ special tile boosts is huge, Daken may have found a new best friend.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    ErikPeter wrote:
    So, assuming the article is a little more up-to-date, they replaced the extra damage with protect tiles? That reduces his potency with cheap attacks a bit. Or it doesn't!

I hope its a mistake....but probably not
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

In theory you could, but i bet you would be **** in mid hops, i havent tried/needed winfinite but i guess it would take time, worse with the Star Lord / Dino tactic, useful but too slow

This would only work in X's opening PvP, MQs PvP, and SSIM, so it's not really relevant.
  • Phaserhawk
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I don't know, doing 4K Match 5's plus at worst 3K Masterstrokes, it will come down to how quickly you can place tiles and hit skills. This combo would be faster then the C.Mags/Patch Lock down because of the constant damage from Xavier's blue
  • Nice to see Chuck in the game and good call by folks saying he pairs well with Devil Dino, since clearly they were thinking this by adding him to the packs.
  • Phaserhawk
    Agent Alex wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

This would only work in X's opening PvP, MQs PvP, and SSIM, so it's not really relevant.

Derp, you are right, forgot about that. You could still get it to work with MQ only but it wouldnt' be as consistent as you would have to rely on really good cascades from MQ's Infiltration
  • I will roll with 5/3/5 when I can get all the covers 6-8 months from now.

That may be optimistic. My Starlord and Elektra are both 1/1/1, and I suspect that puts me above average for both of them. I'll have Goddess Thor finished probably in a couple months or so, but that's because I'll probably just end up buying her last three covers after I get the three from the daily rewards.
  • He was one of the biggest names left. Assuming FF and related characters aren't being licensed now (as is a series of rumors, plus the fact that we haven't had any since July), Dr. Strange is probably the biggest name left, and then there's a big drop-off, with some of the scattered well-known X-Men probably the biggest heroes left, plus a huge list of villains (who probably need to be addressed soon).
  • Maybe I have just been blind to it, but has there been any mention if he's 3 or 4*'s?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Monsoon wrote:
    Maybe I have just been blind to it, but has there been any mention if he's 3 or 4*'s?

Think it would be safe to assume that since we don't have 5* he'd be 4*
  • Monsoon wrote:
    Maybe I have just been blind to it, but has there been any mention if he's 3 or 4*'s?

He's a 4*
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    One of the screens showed a max level of 270, so 4*. Now for the shapeshifter? Still hoping for Mr. Fantastic.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    He was one of the biggest names left. Assuming FF and related characters aren't being licensed now (as is a series of rumors, plus the fact that we haven't had any since July), Dr. Strange is probably the biggest name left, and then there's a big drop-off, with some of the scattered well-known X-Men probably the biggest heroes left, plus a huge list of villains (who probably need to be addressed soon).

Plus some of the remaining Avengers, like Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision and Spider-Woman.
  • Ah, the Hunt. Really fun and ground-breaking the first time...you know, over a year ago...
  • CNash wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    He was one of the biggest names left. Assuming FF and related characters aren't being licensed now (as is a series of rumors, plus the fact that we haven't had any since July), Dr. Strange is probably the biggest name left, and then there's a big drop-off, with some of the scattered well-known X-Men probably the biggest heroes left, plus a huge list of villains (who probably need to be addressed soon).

Plus some of the remaining Avengers, like Ant-Man, Wasp, Vision and Spider-Woman.

I'm guessing we see Ant-Man and Wasp around when the movie comes out this summer and Vision around Avengers 2. Spider-Woman brings up a potential "which one?" issue, especially since Spider-Gwen seems to be getting the big push and I suspect we'll see her before the other two.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't often take issue with the devs' art choices but in this case there was clearly a better candidate.

K4LTOmh.jpg