**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    4/x/x can benefit from match5s pretty well, 5/x/x might be overkill on Ap-generation (for winfinite).
    and you are limited to having to make blue, purple, yellow matches as only if this character makes the tile match do you get the tile boost, so you are putting this character in danger
    But dont forget his/her "invisible" protection!

Where does it say invisible protection, or are we assuming that they get it? If so then wow
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Where does it say invisible protection, or are we assuming that they get it? If so then wow

That's how I read "creates an invisibility tile."
  • Phaserhawk
    Well reading IW's definition, it says cannot be targeted. However, if you attack with the Invisible character, you leave them out front, they aren't being targeted. Now if they try to blast you with a skill it would be blocked, but I don't think it's like Colossus where you fall to the back, I still think you would take the return match damage, however just like current IW, if the target becomes invisible you can't touch the character to bring them in front, they just have to be there, because in the Simulator IW had invisibled herself, I could still match damage her, but I couldn't X-Force or Surgical Strike, however Thor's yellow allowed me to do AoE damage to her, I just think this character wouldn't get smacked with an X-Force if you matched and the interface doesn't allow the AI to target anyone other than who is in front.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    turul wrote:
    4/x/x can benefit from match5s pretty well, 5/x/x might be overkill on Ap-generation (for winfinite).
    and you are limited to having to make blue, purple, yellow matches as only if this character makes the tile match do you get the tile boost, so you are putting this character in danger
    But dont forget his/her "invisible" protection!

Yeah, if this character is untouchable with the tile out and spams 1000 dmg (or protection if that's your thing) inspiration while tanking, that's lethal. cMags or Spidey combined with this purple could make you invincible after a while, or at least neuter all non-4Thor damage.

GSBW-Spidey-ThisCharacter would have a lot going for it with a 5/5/3.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    GSBW+this character with GSBW's purple as the strongest color will be a 3/4-star version of MNMags/Storm. Every use of Deceptive Tactics would return at least 4 purple, probably 8, 12 or even 16, and deal huge damage even before you fire Sniper Rifle.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    This guy could be Vison
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Vision_(Earth-616)

or some Skrull
    ICYMI

clayton-henry-marvel-adventures-super-heroes-no-8-cover-vision-running.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I decided to look up who can turn invisible and I have to say one name on that list stood out:
    Miles Morales. This new character has Spider-man's colors, and it would fit the rework mentioned in the video Q&A
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    He'll be included in Hunt packs... RNG please be kind icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So per the article he can't be targeted while that tile is out.

To recap, for 7 purple he becomes untouchable and Falcon on steroids. For 14 yellow, IW makes someone else untouchable, and.......

Also says his yellow creates protect tiles, which this doesn't indicate.
  • Professor tinykitty X...never really a fan of his...too much of an idealist.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Well reading IW's definition, it says cannot be targeted. However, if you attack with the Invisible character, you leave them out front, they aren't being targeted. Now if they try to blast you with a skill it would be blocked, but I don't think it's like Colossus where you fall to the back, I still think you would take the return match damage, however just like current IW, if the target becomes invisible you can't touch the character to bring them in front, they just have to be there, because in the Simulator IW had invisibled herself, I could still match damage her, but I couldn't X-Force or Surgical Strike, however Thor's yellow allowed me to do AoE damage to her, I just think this character wouldn't get smacked with an X-Force if you matched and the interface doesn't allow the AI to target anyone other than who is in front.

Nevermind I was wrong, just played a quick match with IW. You do fall to the back when invisible, unless you are the only character left, then you will take the match damage or AoE damage but you cannot take targeted damage so that definitely changes my view on Professor X, and his purple.
  • kind of dissapointed for the choice, and not looking forward to see his bald head popping up all the time but seems like a good character lol
  • Phaserhawk
    Well at least they created a multi build character, I actually see multiple options.

3/5/5--Attempting to abuse the bonus skill damage and multiple strike and attack tiles while attempting to pump them to the max with his purple.

5/3/5--Attempting to abuse the color tile creator combos like winfinite

4/5/4--Attempting to get the max amount of damage while giving up the least

4/4/5--You plan on Prof X being the sole damage dealer and special tile creator while trying to make sure you max out all damage, you don't care about the AP creation

So where will this guy fit, assuming you could instantly max him.

Q1.) Does he replace X-Force or 4hor?

A1.) No, he won't replace them in current PvP format, X-Force would negate his purple invisibility tile and I just don't see myself wanting to run him over those 2.

Q2.) Does he replace Loki,Hood, now Iron Fist?

A2.) Possibly. I could see him as a 3rd, and he could tank blue for 4hor when invisible but he's really only useful as adding extra damage on to skills with his yellow, it is possible an X-Force or Surgical Strike could create a Match 5, but the extra damage and AP probably would just be overkill, although doing 10K X-Force or Surgical Strikes would be fun.

I see Xavier not really being in with these 2, although he probably is offically the best 4* after Xor.

In short I don't see him shaking up the meta (unless Winfinite becomes the thing) but he should be fun to play with. Anytime you pair him with Xor though you really only need yellow to be maxed because nothing else will matter.

His build will really depend on what you are going to try to do with him. Winfinites will want him 5/3/5, StarLord/Devil Dino spammers will want him 3/5/5.

Here are 2 things I see for sure though.

If Xavier is going to be your only special tile creator on your team, then 5/3/5 is the better choice.
    If you pair Xavier with special tile creators like Blade/Daken etc then 3/5/5 or 4/5/4 or 5/5/3 would be the way to go

Here are other factoids to help people figure out builds.

Blue--Will always trigger on Match 5, you don't need the extra covers, extra covers just get you more damage and AP

Purple--Will always make Xavier Invisible, extra covers just improve the boosting of special tiles

Yellow--Will always trigger on other skills, extra covers improve damage and special tiles created.
  • I will roll with 5/3/5 when I can get all the covers 6-8 months from now.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Guys, I've found a way to counter this OP new 4*

Per the blog article,

"Shutting down Xavier with Iron Man’s Repulsor Blast doesn't mean that Tony shot the poor Professor in the face."

I don't know what stories you all are coming up with, but I'm definitely shooting the enemy in the face if it saves me a health pack. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    I will roll with 5/3/5 when I can get all the covers 6-8 months from now.

Lol, so true
  • I will roll with 5/3/5 when I can get all the covers 6-8 months from now.

Well i think the same, worst case only 2 from pve (my usual scenario, they should change top 10)
    plus 2 or 3 from next Seasons

Guess is up to 1k scores, but rotation will take a time

Anyway, he's not a game changer, only reinforces you if you already had a high end team
    That kind of sucks, since Goddess (and she needs more ap) the other 4* are no fair competition against X, not even closer
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    So, assuming the article is a little more up-to-date, they replaced the extra damage with protect tiles? That reduces his potency with cheap attacks a bit. Or it doesn't!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

It's time to take a look at an exceptional new hero joining Marvel Puzzle Quest! Charles Xavier, better known as Professor X, is arriving and you can gather up first details in a new interview with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher at Marvel.com.

The talk covers Professor X's in-game powers and sheds some light on the leader of the X-Men's mental might. Preview screenshots and ability sneak peeks are included as usual, so swoop in and check it out.

You can find it here: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2422 ... rofessor_x

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: PROFESSOR X
    Quote:
    "Marvel: How do you see him being used on teams?

Joe Fletcher: Charles Xavier very much leads from the rear, but in the best way possible. He’s no shrinking general, sending the troops out while sipping fine wine. Instead, he’s back there doing his absolute best to help his team with a clear tactical mind that is open to the entire field of battle. So while he’s definitely playing a role in combat, he’s just not exactly in the front lines is all; support in the most literal way"