**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• I thought it was professor X from the "scholarly" clue, but after seeing this thread, I'm thinking the Invisible Woman rework is highly probable.

Reasons
    1. Women of Marvel March
    2. Purple = Invisibility, you know, IW's main thing
    3. 2 Colors remain the same with one changed, which is what happened to Classic Magneto, Mohawk Storm, and X-Force when they got reworked.

If this is she, she definitely looks interesting.
  • AznLyte wrote:
    I thought it was professor X from the "scholarly" clue, but after seeing this thread, I'm thinking the Invisible Woman rework is highly probable.

Reasons
    1. Women of Marvel March
    3. 2 Colors remain the same with one changed, which is what happened to Classic Magneto, Mohawk Storm, and X-Force when they got reworked.

Bit of newb question, but I wasn't around during the retooling a you're mentioning. If this is an IW rework, what happens to those of us with fully covered IW's.
  • Ghost79 wrote:
    AznLyte wrote:
    I thought it was professor X from the "scholarly" clue, but after seeing this thread, I'm thinking the Invisible Woman rework is highly probable.

Reasons
    1. Women of Marvel March

Bit of newb question, but I wasn't around during the retooling a you're mentioning. If this is an IW rework, what happens to those of us with fully covered IW's.

If it's a rework, then you'll get the 'new' IW, and have a chance to sell her for some amount of HP/ISO(greater than normal) if you are unsatisfied with her changes/greedy.

The colors will TRANSfER OVER, NOT SURE IF THEY'LL 100% MATCH
  • Just to feed the speculation machine IceIX's post said nothing about this being a new character. Only that it was 'mystery'. Though I believe this will be a NEW 4 star.png , those floating the theory of an icon_invisiblewoman.png rework have a solid basis of circumstantial and speculative conjecture to lend credibility to the idea. Personally I would prefer the idea of reworking icon_invisiblewoman.png before releasing more 4 star.png 's as it's embarrassing to have a four star.png in existence that is that broken.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Also, his off-color damage being 10/10/11 seems like a mistake (other 4*s are 9/10/11) unless they want specifically want him to tank 5 colors over Fury.

I see that off colors of 4*s are 10/11/11. I think those got changed when match damage for overscaled 2*s/3*s was toned down? But either way 10/10/11 is unique, maybe it's simply a typo.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 687 Critical Contributor
    Do the passives count as "double taps" a la Original Black Widow's Espionage? If so, you could have strike tiles out and Polarity Shift would use them many times.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    russreid91 wrote:
    Reworked IW???

Please
    It would seem, but probably not. The moves list has nothing to do with her force abilities.
  • dider152 wrote:
    russreid91 wrote:
    Reworked IW???

Please
    It would seem, but probably not. The moves list has nothing to do with her force abilities.

How so? We haven't see the descriptions, and they could well be ditching force tiles - which I recall the developers saying were annoying to program / test. Additionally the low health-points does seem about right for IW.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be thrilled if this was an Invisible Woman rework since I have her fully covered at base level. It would also be nice to not have to work my behind off during the release tournament.
  • I think its Doctor Strange.
  • kero79 wrote:
    I think its Doctor Strange.

Good call!
  • I think people are overestimating the defensive potential this character has with Devil Dino. Odds are the AI is going to save for invisibility. I'm torn between hoping for Xavier because I like him more and IW rework because I already have some of her covers.
  • I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 unless you're planning to primarily team the character with MNMags, because the benefit from the yellow power is likely to activate much more likely than the benefit from the blue. On top of that, the extra damage and ap from the blue is nice, but it's coming when you're already in a good situation because you have a match-5, and - assuming blue is this character's strongest color - you won't necessarily need blue if this character makes blue the strongest color you have and the extra AP it gives. I can see arguments for other builds, but I think I'd rather have yellow at 5 than blue at 5, and I'd rather have one at 5 than two at 4. And I think purple at 5 is mandatory.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Far as I can tell everyone in the game is from 616.

Fury Jr as Director of Shield isn't 616, games have their own world so to say
    The problem is that the movelist really doesnt say much, it could be any Deus Ex Machina hero, like Doctor Strange, Professor X or any other, at least it wont be an Elektra
  • I think I like 4/5/4

Since I'm not running winfinite, I think the match-5 won''t be so frequent as to really benefit a lot from the 2 more AP on his blue.
    His purple seems like it will be insane, especially with other tile generators, but he can also create his own tiles, so that's nice. 5 is a no-brainer for me.
    His yellow gives both tiles at 4 covers and after a match or two when he's invisible, the lower base strength of the tiles will barely matter.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 unless you're planning to primarily team the character with MNMags, because the benefit from the yellow power is likely to activate much more likely than the benefit from the blue. On top of that, the extra damage and ap from the blue is nice, but it's coming when you're already in a good situation because you have a match-5, and - assuming blue is this character's strongest color - you won't necessarily need blue if this character makes blue the strongest color you have and the extra AP it gives. I can see arguments for other builds, but I think I'd rather have yellow at 5 than blue at 5, and I'd rather have one at 5 than two at 4. And I think purple at 5 is mandatory.

Match 5's do happen though, on average - at least one every three games? You also might be able to take down Loki in a hurry before his CD tiles activate.

edit: completely forgot about his other passive
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 unless you're planning to primarily team the character with MNMags, because the benefit from the yellow power is likely to activate much more likely than the benefit from the blue. On top of that, the extra damage and ap from the blue is nice, but it's coming when you're already in a good situation because you have a match-5, and - assuming blue is this character's strongest color - you won't necessarily need blue if this character makes blue the strongest color you have and the extra AP it gives. I can see arguments for other builds, but I think I'd rather have yellow at 5 than blue at 5, and I'd rather have one at 5 than two at 4. And I think purple at 5 is mandatory.

Yellow maxed is a no brainer, that one you can always get to work.

I see the arguement though between maxing blue vs. purple

Blue, you are limited to being able to make a match 5, which if you don't run a color creator, it could be difficult

Purple, you are limited to having special tiles out, you are also limited to the tile being out, and you are limited to having to make blue, purple, yellow matches as only if this character makes the tile match do you get the tile boost, so you are putting this character in danger, this differs from Falcon who just needs anyone to make a yellow match, this character must make the match, so you can't hide them.

In the end, I think having the extra AP generation is too strong not to go for, plus it actually encourages you not to level this character past 221, that way you can have 3* interaction and not having to use all my ISO to get awesome use out of a character sounds sweet.

I personal think 5/3/5 is the way to go
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    4/x/x can benefit from match5s pretty well, 5/x/x might be overkill on Ap-generation (for winfinite).
    and you are limited to having to make blue, purple, yellow matches as only if this character makes the tile match do you get the tile boost, so you are putting this character in danger
    But dont forget his/her "invisible" protection!
  • My main argument for maxing purple is that it doubles in effectiveness on a little-used color at 5 covers vs. 4, and since yellow is generating the special tiles for purple, you'll always have some out. Blue is good, but situational, and I think I'd get the least use out of it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just to clarify that are some fun tricks you can do either way with this character.

Say you opt for a 3/5/5

You could run Star-Lord/Devil Dino. Activate Star-Lord's everyone with me so Tiny Arms only costs 1 purple then spam like crazy creating attack and strike tiles plus damage, every match 3 purple would turn into 3606 base damage plus you create an attack and strike tile worth 108, then matching purple if you underleveled Star-Lord would net you a 238 upgrade on each tile so it would look like this.
    7 Yellow AP
    10 Purple AP.

7 AP Everyone With Me
    --1202 Damage and 108 attack and strike tile
    1 APTiny Arms
    --1310 Damage and 108 attack and strike
    1 AP Tiny Arms
    ---1418 Dmage and 108 attack and strike
    1 AP Tiny Arms
    --1526 Dmage and 108 attack and strike
    7 AP Invisible
    Match 3 Purple--219 + (108 x 4)
    4 tiles become pumped by 238 lets assume 2 to strike and 2 to attack
    Attack tiles resolve (108 x 4) + 476
    Total Damage--6907

As you can see this can get quite fun, however....

If you opt to go for the 5/3/5 build you are looking to pair with Thor, Mystique, Iron Fist, Cyclops, MnMags, BWGS, Possibly Beast OMG is he useable icon_eek.gif , Dr. Doom,

With Iron Fist coming about, I honestly think a 5/3/5 gives you more options and Match 5's turn into 4.4K punches to the face.

But it looks like depending on how you choose to go either 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 offer some very fun combos on both sides so there doesn't seem to be a bad build, just what you prefer.