**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• turul wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Yellow only triggers off of ally abilities, not the Purple.

What about ...
    Teamups?
    Fastball special?
    Goons putting down CD's?

Ugh. I really hope that one was brought up and quickly tossed in the "no" pile.
  • simonsez wrote:
    he'll be useless in PvP.
    Seriously? Even without the AI knowing how to use Starlord's yellow, I'd want no part of this one paired with Dino.

3 ap to do 1.6k damage is nowhere near as good as anything xor does: that's on par with x-force, and its not like new guy + dino has any other abilities that do anything close to what surge / smite / surgical cna do.

Are you factoring in the ability to make the move 1 ap? If not then 1 match equals 4800 damage of you use the move 3 times in a row.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ecir2002 wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    he'll be useless in PvP.
    Seriously? Even without the AI knowing how to use Starlord's yellow, I'd want no part of this one paired with Dino.

3 ap to do 1.6k damage is nowhere near as good as anything xor does: that's on par with x-force, and its not like new guy + dino has any other abilities that do anything close to what surge / smite / surgical cna do.

Are you factoring in the ability to make the move 1 ap? If not then 1 match equals 4800 damage of you use the move 3 times in a row.

PvP implies "not shield simulator", since the only time PvP really matters is tournaments featuring a character. Since all of these guys are 4*s, the only time you can ever use new guy + dino + starlord is in new guys release tournament, then that team becomes completely irrelevant in PvP. You need to consider power duos with new guy, and those are just strictly worse than xor.
  • Character seems interesting. The biggest problem with Falcon was inability to generate his own Strike/Attack tiles. I could see a 4/5/4 build (perhaps 3/5/5) for general use, but he's clearly an excellent team mate to Winfinite and Devil Dino, which makes his purple a detriment to the team.
  • I don't think it's a coincidence that Xavier is going to work incredibly well with Marvel Now Magneto.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    onimus wrote:
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Xavier is going to work incredibly well with Marvel Now Magneto.
    And Mystique.... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Poor Northern Polarity. The sky is always falling.

It's a 4*. The person is supposed to be powerful. They are on 4or/X-Force level, not Elektra or IW. I for one welcome a new character that is as powerful as Xor, but opens a new realm of meta possibilities. Power Surge, Smite. Yawn. Surgical Strike, X-Force, Power Surge, Smite, Smite. Yawn. Let's bring some variety to this party.

The best thing about mystery person (which NP just happens to not mention (or does, I just technically skimmed what he/she wrote)) is that they work with other characters besides Xor. Yes! This is great.

Stop saying the new character makes Winfinite broken. They may make Winfinite better or faster, but the truth is winfinite is already broken. Therefore, it is not fair to blame the new character.

Wake up, this is freakin' awesome.

P.S. If/When Winfinite gets nerfed, I still say the best solution is just to switch MQ's blue and purple abilities.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I'd probably avoid this guy in PvP just because of the blue. Hawkeye can ruin your day if he gets lucky and he can be one-shotted by a decent 3* or 4* move – somebody with almost 10K life will have many more chances to get a nasty cascade, no matter what colors you're denying and then whoops, there goes 10 or 15 thousand damage.
  • Poor Northern Polarity. The sky is always falling.

It's a 4*. The person is supposed to be powerful. They are on 4or/X-Force level, not Elektra or IW. I for one welcome a new character that is as powerful as Xor, but opens a new realm of meta possibilities. Power Surge, Smite. Yawn. Surgical Strike, X-Force, Power Surge, Smite, Smite. Yawn. Let's bring some variety to this party.

The best thing about mystery person (which NP just happens to not mention (or does, I just technically skimmed what he/she wrote)) is that they work with other characters besides Xor. Yes! This is great.

Stop saying the new character makes Winfinite broken. They may make Winfinite better or faster, but the truth is winfinite is already broken. Therefore, it is not fair to blame the new character.

P.S. If/When Winfinite gets nerfed, I still say the best solution is just to switch MQ's blue and purple abilities.
    Winfinite is broken by itself, yes, but it still has two problems.

1- awful boards for blue when you have 9 purple and
    2- it's tedious and takes forever to take down big guys.

This character makes it so that first purple does anywhere between 5k and 10k damage, and gains +4 or +8 blue. So he makes the combo substantially more reliable, and makes it kill incredibly quickly - I'd wager quicker than any other pve team can take out 395s, and way more reliably. You get crits guaranteed with both abilities involved. This has the potential to be so, so fast, that it might carry over to hopping in pvp.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    WOW!!!

Just, wow.

Any character that genererates colors is potentially broken with this guy.

And Northern Polarity, you don't even need MnMags in this one. Just get enough blue to activate Mysqtiqe's blue. Generator purple and black into 5 tile matches, which generates more blue to cast the skill again, to get more purple and black, you could probably fire off 2 Masterstrokes, although MnMags makes it more solid.

Another option is Iron Fist and Mystique. Keep Mystique highest leveled, match purple, cast IF's purple, create black cascades, which creates more purple, just keep firing off Masterstroke to keep black below 12 and this becomes an infinite loop

Another option is Mystique and BWGS. Make sure Mystique is highest leveled, get enough purple, to activate BWGS, which gets you a **** ton of green, and geneerates more purple to do it again, not as infinite but lethal none theless.

I'm sure there are some options for Thor, Cyclops and Dr. Doom.

needless to say there is going to be some very degenerative things.

New guy's blue only activates on match-5s, MNM is still needed to guarantee blue activations, which just wins you the game by itself.

While mags makes it flow better, if new character is the strongest color with blue, mystiques blue gives a good chance to get purple and black match 5's which creates more blue because new guy's strongest is that. Rinse and repeat, you don't need mags but it works better with him
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    ark123 wrote:
    Poor Northern Polarity. The sky is always falling.

This character makes it so that first purple does anywhere between 5k and 10k damage, and gains +4 or +8 blue. So he makes the combo substantially more reliable, and makes it kill incredibly quickly - I'd wager quicker than any other pve team can take out 395s, and way more reliably. You get crits guaranteed with both abilities involved. This has the potential to be so, so fast, that it might carry over to hopping in pvp.

You're 1 and 2's have been my argument in the past of why Winfinite did not need to be nerfed. Clearly, as you and NP have so eloquently put it, times have changed and winfinite needs to be nerfed. Congratulation, y'all win the argument that winfinite should be nerfed.

However, that is not an argument of why the new character is not great or would need to be nerfed. I am so surprised people are not doing backflips over the best 4* in a long time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who's not opening any more tokens till (unknown) is put into rotation?
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    This has the potential to be so, so fast, that it might carry over to hopping in pvp.
    A 3-man combo has some hurdles to overcome. Mainly that you can't use any in 80% of PvPs.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Poor Northern Polarity. The sky is always falling.

You're 1 and 2's have been my argument in the past of why Winfinite did not need to be nerfed. Clearly, as you and NP have so eloquently put it, times have changed and winfinite needs to be nerfed. Congratulation, y'all win the argument that winfinite should be nerfed.

However, that is not an argument of why the new character is not great or would need to be nerfed. I am so surprised people are not doing backflips over the best 4* in a long time.
    Thanks, is there a trophy or...?
    Trisul wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    This has the potential to be so, so fast, that it might carry over to hopping in pvp.
    A 3-man combo has some hurdles to overcome. Mainly that you can't use any in 80% of PvPs.

True. It would have to be a sim hopping team
  • I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this was an overhaui of Invisible Woman.

It IS Women of Marvel month and she IS a character that's had her complaints since her release.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    My Stan Lee also had a "Whenever a teammate uses a power" passive. Given that it also had a move much like Star-Lord's, I predict the next 4* will have a passive that rewards matching away your own special tiles. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Well, since no one else has said it, I'll throw this out there: Women of Marvel month + Invisibility/Perception manipulation - IW rework probably not as a new 4* release + proximity to Avengers release = Scarlet Witch?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 ap to do 1.6k damage is nowhere near as good as anything xor does
    Yeah, it might not work out as well at the 19AP for 12k damage ratio, but which one is actually going to inflict more damage on you?

And I could also question the "nowhere near as good", since ~530 vs ~630 damage per AP doesn't seem like a huge gap to me, but maybe that's just me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I for one welcome our new PvE overlord.
  • Billigoat
    Billigoat Posts: 71
    Trisul wrote:
    onimus wrote:
    I don't think it's a coincidence that Xavier is going to work incredibly well with Marvel Now Magneto.
    And Mystique.... icon_e_surprised.gif

...and Cyclops for the cascades
    Wolverine for the buffs
    Storm for the buffs & cascades
    even Beast's breakthroughs

This character would work with a lot, but Xavier is definitely a thematic possibility.