**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Wonderful abilities btw.

Best Build seems 454.
    4 blue gives almost max dmg. (+/-2ap does not matter much)
    Yellow drops all special tiles ready to be enhanced at level 4, that should be enough.
    5 purple to enhance the most you can.
    I was going to say 535. Magstique and Starlord/Dino are the two uses that come to mind immediately, and in neither case would I ever be using this one's purple.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    They may have broken the meta with this one. I'm glad this one's a 4* and will take awhile to get covers for. I'm leaning 5/3/5. Definitely a character to be paired with Star-Lord. -> makes Psylocke and Punisher way more viable as well.

I'm disappointed that there are two Yellow/Blue/Purple 4* though, and 4 with Yellow/Blue! what's up with that?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    They may have broken the meta with this one. I'm glad this one's a 4* and will take awhile to get covers for.

Nah, there aren't any PvP powerhouses that can match-5 reliably. Xor still reigns supreme.
  • russreid91 wrote:
    Reworked IW???

Please
    Oh please god let this be true!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Wonderful abilities btw.

Best Build seems 454.
    Yellow drops all special tiles ready to be enhanced at level 4, that should be enough.
    I was going to say 535. Magstique and Starlord/Dino are the two uses that come to mind immediately, and in neither case would I ever be using this one's purple.

If you sure you wont activate purple, than yeah 535.

But I see more potential in that falcon-like +1 special tile amplifying every match he makes.
  • NorthernPolarity
    turul wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Wonderful abilities btw.

Best Build seems 454.

But I see more potential in that falcon-like +1 special tile amplifying every match he makes.

But why amplify tiles 400 strength at a time when you can just turn winfinite into 9 purple: win the game extremely fast. Winfinite + X is by far the most degenerate thing you can do in PvE now, it seems crazy to not build towards that since he'll be useless in PvP.
  • turul
    turul wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Wonderful abilities btw.

Best Build seems 454.

But why amplify tiles 400 strength at a time when you can just turn winfinite into 9 purple: win the game. Winfinite + X is by far the most degenerate thing you can do in PvE now, it seems crazy to not build towards that since he'll be useless in PvP.

Winfinite is boring, but still usable with 454 almost with near-same advantages. Amplified strike tiles + matches made by winfinite may be even better outcome with a 454.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    simonsez wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Creates an invisibility tile that targets the user of this ability.
    Random, or can you place it?
    Randomly placed on a basic Purple tile.

As well, Passives do not trigger either of the two abilities.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    That would be such a nifty Invisible Woman rework, but the presentation of this info + the fact it'd be a 100% overhaul (even the health and critical multiplier are different) suggests it's another character.
    A bit harsh on Sue though, since this 'invisible' character is immeasurably stronger on support while also being hardier than her.

Oh well; looks a fun addition who'll hopefully be on the edge of both over-powered & lacklustre (deniable on defense compared to recent additions) - 1st and 3rd powers scream Professor X, but the 'invisble' effect would be odd...
    Plus Sue 'trained by Iron Fist' Storm having less health than Charles 'crippled septuagenarian' Xavier - give the lady a break! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    he'll be useless in PvP.
    Seriously? Even without the AI knowing how to use Starlord's yellow, I'd want no part of this one paired with Dino.
  • Team added damage / Tile gen - Passive yellowtile.png
    (PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, it also deals 301 additional damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 24 Attack tile.
    Level 3: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also deals 421 additional damage.
    Level 4: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 35 Strike tile.
    Level 5: Creates a 55 strength Attack tile, a 55 strength Strike tile and deals 605 additional damage.
    Max Level

Level 3 - Does 837 damage, creates a strength 47 Attack tile.
    Level 4 - Does 837 damage, creates a strength 47 Attack tile and a strength 69 Strike tile.
    Level 5 - Does 1202 damage, creates a strength 108 Attack tile and a strength 108 Strike tile.

Theres a typo in there. It says it creates a 55 strength attack tile twice.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Team added damage / Tile gen - Passive yellowtile.png
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 24 Attack tile.
    Level 4: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 35 Strike tile.
    Level 5: Creates a 55 strength Attack tile, a 55 strength Strike tile and deals 605 additional damage.
    Max Level

Level 4 - Does 837 damage, creates a strength 47 Attack tile and a strength 69 Strike tile.
    Level 5 - Does 1202 damage, creates a strength 108 Attack tile and a strength 108 Strike tile.

No, it says str 55 attack tile and str 55 strike tile.

Sounds like a cool character. I'm still pretty sure it's Prof X rather than Emma Frost.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

His active purple will trigger the yellow passive right?
  • Oh this turns mnmags+mystique into an actual problem.
    So you fire off mnmags and you get guaranteed a ton of damage plus 4 more blue, and looping the combo machineguns down the opponents?

This might make it the fastest pve team in the game.
  • Seeing as the dev's have mentioned before how the force bubbles is something not fun to program, wouldnt be surprised if this is the re-worked IW
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    It's the Invisibility aspect that has me wondering. 4* Hood or Loki?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Spoit wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

His active purple will trigger the yellow passive right?
    The Yellow only triggers off of ally abilities, not the Purple.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:
    Team added damage / Tile gen - Passive yellowtile.png
    Level Upgrades
    Max Level

No, it says str 55 attack tile and str 55 strike tile.

Sounds like a cool character. I'm still pretty sure it's Prof X rather than Emma Frost.

I stand corrected... Thanks haha
  • turul
    IceIX wrote:
    The Yellow only triggers off of ally abilities, not the Purple.

What about ...
    Teamups?
    Fastball special?
    Goons putting down CD's?
  • NorthernPolarity
    simonsez wrote:
    he'll be useless in PvP.
    Seriously? Even without the AI knowing how to use Starlord's yellow, I'd want no part of this one paired with Dino.

3 ap to do 1.6k damage is nowhere near as good as anything xor does: that's on par with x-force, and its not like new guy + dino has any other abilities that do anything close to what surge / smite / surgical cna do.