MPQ Interview At Marvel.com: Women Of Marvel

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings all,

By now you've likely noticed some of the wonderful special edition comic covers appearing in Marvel Puzzle Quest as we celebrate Women of Marvel this month. For details on how this all came together, you'll want to grab a look at a new interview with MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher over at Marvel.com. The discussion covers the soon-to-arrive Women of Marvel Versus Tournament and takes a look at some of the powerful female fighters of MPQ.

You can find it here: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2417 ... _of_marvel

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: WOMEN OF MARVEL
Quote:
"Marvel.com: I heard that the Puzzle Quest crew is going to be preparing something a little something special to celebrate Women’s History Month and the female characters of the Marvel Universe. Care to expound?

Joe Fletcher: Indeed we are! First and foremost we’re spotlighting some of the great art that's being done for some of the Marvel comics this month [with the Women of Marvel variant covers]. Since our game uses comic covers to represent our characters in-game, it seemed like a natural fit to show off the work of some of the talented artists from around the Marvel ecosystem. Secondly, we’re going to be running a Versus Tournament that highlights all the female characters in-game, giving them buffs and making them the focus of the Tournament."

The full list of special edition covers:
Captain Marvel (Modern) (cover by Aufa Richardson)
Deadpool (It’s Me, Deadpool) (cover by Sara Richards)
Invisible Woman (Classic) (cover by Colleen Doran)
Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) (cover by Erica Henderson)
Spider-Man (Classic) (cover by Ming Doyle)
Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) (cover by Gurihiru)
Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) (cover by Sana Takeda)
Thor (Goddess of Thunder) (cover by Stephanie Hans)

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ... Players can play for a Thor (Goddess of Thunder) progression reward ...

Will this be the usual 1000pts progression reward, or lower ?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great interview, great initiative, great idea for an upcoming tournament with great rewards. A+!

Not so great:
    "MPQ has never been shy about having Moonstone be as powerful—and possibly evil—as she is."

What. -____-

I'm a huge fan of the character from her long time in the Thunderbolts. I've been playing for over a year and am very deep into ***-land, but still love using my remaining ** characters when they're buffed for PVE. She's among the half of my ** roster I haven't sold, on the offchance that she receives a bit of attention and retuning someday.

Seriously, guys, Moonstone is wonky, unpredictable, expensive and unfun. People have been repeatedly bringing up the same simple fixes for her for awhile now.

Moonstone's not SUCH a bad little **, Charlie Demiurge. Maybe all she needs is a little love.
  • Great interview, great initiative, great idea for an upcoming tournament with great rewards. A+!

Not so great:
    "MPQ has never been shy about having Moonstone be as powerful—and possibly evil—as she is."

Whoever is the Dev that loves trolling these forums, I salute you

Also I love after that where he talks about his 2* all-female team that... doesn't include Moonstone icon_lol.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Great interview, great initiative, great idea for an upcoming tournament with great rewards. A+!
    Not so great:
    Whoever is the Dev that loves trolling these forums, I salute you
    Also I love after that where he talks about his 2* all-female team that... doesn't include Moonstone icon_lol.gif

Dev: MOONSTONE IS SO POSSIBLY EVIL, SO ALWAYS POWERFUL:
    giphy.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Dev: MOONSTONE IS SO POSSIBLY EVIL, SO ALWAYS POWERFUL

HA! exactly

Although replace "Skyrim" with "MPQ", and I'm sure this is the actual practical reason:

aa36854a4ad081559fe562bfabc339fbdc797628cf4dc46090325dcd56a7760d.jpg
  • Lmfao! So once again the devs manage to buff thora when she is the 1k reward. Masterminds or pure evil?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As someone who also "reacted" strongly during the original Moonstone dabacle, I am finding this continuing trend of the devs trolling us with Moonstone hilarious. Well played, devs. Well played.
  • Moonstone buffed in 2 consecutive PVP events?
    Coincidence? I think not.
    I’d love for a way to use Black Widow (Grey Suit) instead of Gamora
    Even the devs know that Gamora sucks.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While the obvious trolling with Moonstone put a smile on my face, the apparently genuine belief that Mohawk storm is a relevant and powerful enough character in 3* land quickly erased it. All hope of she ever getting a way too necessary buff is lost now.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think this is a great direction for the industry, glad to see stuff like this happening.

And yeah, Moonstone sucks; she's definitely near the bottom of the 2* pile. (And still disappointed in Mystique's spinebreaker pose in-game, which kind of undoes a lot of the praise she gets in the article. There are of course others that are disappointing but she's just the most recent.)
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    As someone who also "reacted" strongly during the original Moonstone dabacle, I am finding this continuing trend of the devs trolling us with Moonstone hilarious. Well played, devs. Well played.

Maybe they know something we don't know. What if there is a 'cheat' or hidden ability. If you get 20 black she transforms into Jamie Madrox and automatically true heals your team and wins the match?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    maybe if moonstone steals mystique's shapeshift tile, she shapeshifts into....???