Cheese players unite

Options
I have come to the conclusion that I am not that great of a player, even though I have 14 maxed 3 star.png +, 13 3 star and x-force.

Without the cheese tactics of the past I am not really able to break out of the top 100.

Gone are the perma-stuns of Spidy, and infinent turns of mags. I even tried Sentry Bombing with shield hops.

But now I can only do well against mid level 3* teams and lower, for low self damage, but anything higher tends to trash my guys.

But that is ok, I am comfortable with my roster, and am slowly bringing up my fury, and Invis Woman (who I understand they may be working on.) so all is not lost.

So who all misses the cheese, and would like to sip on this fine wine. icon_mrgreen.gif

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    My favorite character was the old CMag. Not for his red, but rather his blue. It took great strategy to place the blue over and over and over and over to maintain the min AP needed to continue, and was truly a puzzle. Some might call it cheese as you could block the AI from having a turn, but it was definitely one of the most thought provoking skills the game has had.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the speed requirements of PVP, and to a lesser extent the grind of PVE, make us all cheese players to some extent

I think the "fine wine" way of playing is to carefully evaluate and execute optimal matches, power synergies, etc, but that all gets lost in the frantic rush to down the other team and reshield.
  • I mean, what is cheese? patch hulk is a gimmick but it's a hell of a good one, and it got me to the 1k 4* cover more than once.
  • Cheese is using the current meta for a combo or single character that allow you to jump ahead with minimal damage to your self. AKA Cheesy tactics.

Spidy blue --> Perma stun
    Mags blue --> Infinint turns
    Sentry --> 15 sec matches. (arguable since it did hurt, but was the fastest thing out there.)

I would not say that 4hor + x-force count currently as cheese, though I could be wrong.

I can't think of any other cheese tactics out there now.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    Cheese is using the current meta for a combo or single character that allow you to jump ahead with minimal damage to your self. AKA Cheesy tactics.

Sentry --> 15 sec matches. (arguable since it did hurt, but was the fastest thing out there.)

I would not say that 4hor + x-force count currently as cheese, though I could be wrong.

I can't think of any other cheese tactics out there now.

Winfinite could arguable be cheese, but not really for PvP
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    dragma wrote:

Youre obviously overstating things for effect, but it was Mags RED (2AP) that most considered the cheese. Blue required enough strategy to offset some (or most?) of the cheese associated with it.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You say cheese, I say not cheese, let's call the whole thing off.
  • So mags had two flavors of cheese, instead of one.

My favorite old stinky cheese was modern storm in the desert/forest before teamups. Add some OBW and even some Bullseye for extra flavor.
  • MarvelMan
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    You say cheese, I say not cheese, let's call the whole thing off.

I call it queso.

You say tomato, I say tomato. You say potato, I say vodka.