Has anyone pulled Iron Fist yet?

Options
Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Since they've added him to the event tokens, I'm wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to land him yet.

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I have. I pulled his black cover out of my one event token last night.

I told the game "I am not addicted to you, and I can quit anytime," just before the token opening. The game told me "Go Tinnykitty yourself, here's another hit."

I'm in carebearstare for alliance if you want confirm the pull.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nice! Congrats icon_e_smile.gif

I keep hoping, but so far all I've pulled are 2* covers. I think I *might* be able to hit in the top 150 to get the event reward, but we'll see how aggressive things get.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not opening them now. I'm waiting until the next round of vaulting to see if Cyclops gets added in as well. Worst that happens is he doesn't and I try to get IF later. It's not like I'll have enough covers to use him soon anyway.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since they've added him to the event tokens, I'm wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to land him yet.

Somebody in my alliance found a person who has him at 3/5/5. Even using HP to buy the levels of each power above 1, I don't want to think about how many token packs that took.
  • I kind of feel we were a little duped (in fairnees, I probably managed to dupe myself). The token odds for him are 0.7% the same odds of a regular 3*. However, in the next PVE, he'll be featured with better drawing odds. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome having the chance to draw him before you can win him. It's just with the draw rate; there's not much difference between him being in the tokens and not in the tokens
  • Post title sounds so dirty.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I kind of feel we were a little duped (in fairnees, I probably managed to dupe myself). The token odds for him are 0.7% the same odds of a regular 3*. However, in the next PVE, he'll be featured with better drawing odds. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome having the chance to draw him before you can win him. It's just with the draw rate; there's not much difference between him being in the tokens and not in the tokens

Except for the Whales. When D3 says they are watching him being in packs, I bet it is for them.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options

Somebody in my alliance found a person who has him at 3/5/5. Even using HP to buy the levels of each power above 1, I don't want to think about how many token packs that took.

it probably toook enough to warrant an intervention from thier bank or financial advisor. To each thier own I guess..
  • I'm not opening them now. I'm waiting until the next round of vaulting to see if Cyclops gets added in as well. Worst that happens is he doesn't and I try to get IF later. It's not like I'll have enough covers to use him soon anyway.

Event tokens experience a different kind of vaulting. They refresh every time the event runs. Not with the seasons. So you'd be waiting a long time to pull your Prodigal Sun tokens.

I have not gotten an IF with my event tokens so far, but I'm holding out hope.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options

Unless the guy is a CEO or bored millionare, its an injustice in the world that somebody that stupid has that much money to burn.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So even if the chances of pulling any cover of Iron Fist was 0.7499999%, the odds of any individual cover would still be at most 0.25% or 1/400.
    Average # of pulls until first Iron Fist cover = 400/3 ~ 167
    Average # of pulls until second Iron Fist cover = 400/2 ~ 200
    Average # of pulls until third Iron Fist cover = 400
    Total
    767 ~ 18.25 42 packs best case.

Worst case, the odds are 0.65%, odds of any individual cover is 13/2000/3 = 13/6000 , about 1/462
    2000/13 + 4000/13 + 6000/13 ~= 923 ~ 21.98 packs best case.

So it'll take between 18.25 to 21.98 - 42 cover packs, say 20 for easy roundness.
    That's about 316000 HP.
    That's nearly 16 Stark Salary's, -> $1600 + tax here.

How much does a 42-pack cost where you live?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got one, and one of my alliance also got one. I think we're beating the odds.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You would have to open 500 packs at the .7% rate to match the odds of getting 3 covers. So not only did he get lucky enough to pull 3, he was able to get 3 of each color. You would have to buy 12 42 packs to ensure you have the odds in your favor to get at least 3 covers. That's 191,800 HP you would have to spend or 10 Stark Salary's which would cost you $1000 plus sales tax.

3 things are going on with that guy.

1.) Luckiest guy in the history of MPQ
    2.) Richest guy in MPQ
    3.) He hacked the game
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

You would have to open 500 packs at the .7% rate to match the odds of getting 3 covers. So not only did he get lucky enough to pull 3, he was able to get 3 of each color. You would have to buy 12 42 packs to ensure you have the odds in your favor to get at least 3 covers. That's 191,800 HP you would have to spend or 10 Stark Salary's which would cost you $1000 plus sales tax.

3 things are going on with that guy.

1.) Luckiest guy in the history of MPQ
    2.) Richest guy in MPQ
    3.) He hacked the game

He DID:

see here...
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24317&p=304694&hilit=sandboxed+steam+iron+fist#p304694

(Assuming its the same guy)
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    I have. I pulled his black cover out of my one event token last night.

I told the game "I am not addicted to you, and I can quit anytime," just before the token opening. The game told me "Go Tinnykitty yourself, here's another hit."

I'm in carebearstare for alliance if you want confirm the pull.

Yep, saw your screenshot of it and everything. You were going to give it to me, right?!?
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    I got incredibly lucky, considering I seldom get any 3* from gold tokens.

Pulled a purple which is great since I won't be getting that purple from the PvE, that is fo sho.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just pulled Black

Was even sweeter since it was following a streak of 45 gold tokens with no 3* or 4*.

Feel buoyed enough to tackle Wakanda - might even be possible if he started at level 400 not 40. This is one brutal PvE!!
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    I didn't pull a single Cyclops cover in the last event out of at minimum 10 tries. Highly doubt I'll pull an Iron Fist here.

But prove me wrong, kids! Prove me wrong!
  • Pulled a green iron fist this morning.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got a icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png from a sub reward token. icon_e_biggrin.gif