loki event

Options
KrazyKeylime
KrazyKeylime Posts: 367
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was happy to see 3* human torch was the reward for 500 PT in the latest loki event. however i checked the next hood rewards has bullseye as the reward. 2 steps forward one step back i guess. nice work on the change. not so good for not staying with it.

Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Wanted to jump in here and confirm a few things:

Yes - The 3* Human Torch in the progression rewards is a mistake, we obviously have multiple Human Torches and we got them mixed up when authoring this event.

No - This is not a new pattern of giving away 3*s in PVP

No - We're not going to change it now that the event has started so...

Yes - feel free to work towards it and enjoy an extra cover!

It was a mistake. Someone coded in the wrong Torch as a reward.

Source: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24354&start=20#p303776
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish they would make it permanent. As a 2-3 star transitioner, it can be hard to make it to t100 to get another 3* cover. So then people resort to sniping a bracket and hope for the best. However, those folks often don't get above 350 pts. If you had a 500 pt progression reward, folks sniping probably would never make it, and the folks that work at pvp will still be able to earn something.

I mean, seriously, who needs a 2* cover who can get to 500 pts? (well, except like covers that escape you, like storm's green for me...grr...)
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Azoic wrote:

I mean, seriously, who needs a 2* cover who can get to 500 pts? (well, except like covers that escape you, like storm's green for me...grr...)

you couldnt have said it better
  • Dauntless74
    Dauntless74 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Azoic wrote:
    I wish they would make it permanent. As a 2-3 star transitioner, it can be hard to make it to t100 to get another 3* cover. So then people resort to sniping a bracket and hope for the best. However, those folks often don't get above 350 pts. If you had a 500 pt progression reward, folks sniping probably would never make it, and the folks that work at pvp will still be able to earn something.

I've been playing for over 470 days now with a transitioning rosta with some decent (for me anyway) 3* cards (Patch 91, Fal 110, several others in the 90's plus a 111 x force) and my ceiling for pvp is 400. I don't think I've ever reached 500 in my life but this event has made me want to push for it because of the reward. Nice, shiny carrot. I'm currently on 408 (having just lost 29 points) and 8th in my bracket with no idea how long is left because the damn timers have screwed up again (another topic maybe) so I better get back to bashing my phone rather than bashing this keyboard.
  • Tried pushing for 500 the past 2 nights. Hit 300 easy first night, was a constant grind to hit 468 yesterday; If I could win 4 battles and lose 1, I'd lose 5-8 defensively in the meantime; just could not do it. I'm not even using stormneto for the grind. Was pounded to 232 overnight!

Is everyone else's brackets this hard, or did I just hit some death bracket? Hope to hit 500 tonight.
  • My two star roster, even with a Loki with six covers wasn't close to hitting 500 last night. I'll make another run tonight after work, but it's not really looking too good.
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    What would be nice and interesting at the same time is having different reward along the way in pvp, not always the same thing, switch some stuff aroud D3, would be kind of good you know.
  • daibar wrote:
    Tried pushing for 500 the past 2 nights. Hit 300 easy first night, was a constant grind to hit 468 yesterday; If I could win 4 battles and lose 1, I'd lose 5-8 defensively in the meantime; just could not do it. I'm not even using stormneto for the grind. Was pounded to 232 overnight!

Is everyone else's brackets this hard, or did I just hit some death bracket? Hope to hit 500 tonight.

I don't remember what braket I'm in (i am at work, shhh), but I saw 3* opponents, some 166's, almost immediately after starting.

No seed team, no 2* teams; just Level 100 3*'s and up - ****.

Oh, and this event is crazy with 2 Loki's that have Green covers. There are zillions of countdown tiles in these battles.
  • I'm currently on 408 (having just lost 29 points) and 8th in my bracket with no idea how long is left because the damn timers have screwed up again (another topic maybe) so I better get back to bashing my phone rather than bashing this keyboard.

Click Event Rewards then Event Rules and you can see how long is left.
  • MPQ can't have the game be TOO easy. Do it the hard way and just $$ the cover.
  • Maybe they could put in 3* reward at 500 for the off season events? That would get more people to play in them instead of taking a 5 day break from pvp.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Azoic wrote:

I've been playing for over 470 days now with a transitioning rosta with some decent (for me anyway) 3* cards (Patch 91, Fal 110, several others in the 90's plus a 111 x force) and my ceiling for pvp is 400. I don't think I've ever reached 500 in my life but this event has made me want to push for it because of the reward. Nice, shiny carrot. I'm currently on 408 (having just lost 29 points) and 8th in my bracket with no idea how long is left because the damn timers have screwed up again (another topic maybe) so I better get back to bashing my phone rather than bashing this keyboard.

If you've been playing for that long and have never broke 500 even with old shields and MMR you must be doing somethng very very wrong.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    My two star roster, even with a Loki with six covers wasn't close to hitting 500 last night. I'll make another run tonight after work, but it's not really looking too good.

hood rewards and everyone excited to break out their loki's. this one will be highly competitive I would think. especially in the middle of the pack. hood battles always are
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    Switchman wrote:
    MPQ can't have the game be TOO easy. Do it the hard way and just $$ the cover.
    $130 to max a single 3* character on covers alone, we don't buy because it is unreasonable it doesn't cost $$ it costs $$$$$$$$$$. your advice is just as good as buy token pack you'll get that hero you wanted eventually... maybe.