Poll - Why did you get that many 3* covers in Deadpool Daily

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So now it's why.

I can't really imagine anyone not wanting to get the 3*, but my imagination isn't the issue. So, why that many?

Any other options are welcome.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I've skipped two so far - DD's purple and Magneto's Yellow, both of which I already had 5 covers for and didn't feel like taking the time to run through the survival node rather than grinding PVE/PVP. I think most of the time I'll play it if I have the essential character, though, if only for the sake of the ISO
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Your post is worded in a really confusing/strange way.

I'm assuming your primary goal is to see if people are skipping getting the 3* cover if they don't need it. With your overall goal being to try to gain insight into how people are playing the daily in general.

Here's what I do:
    - always get both taco tokens
    - get the 3* if I need it
    - do the iso nodes if I feel like it
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    veneretio wrote:

I'm assuming your primary goal is to see if people are skipping getting the 3* cover if they don't need it. With your overall goal being to try to gain insight into how people are playing the daily in general.

Here's what I do:

I'm sorry for any confusion.

It's really just to see why people got the number they did of the 3* on offer. I tried to think of reasonable reasons and then tried to phrase them in the space available.

I'll always get them because it's 10-15 minutes of effort for a 3* cover. If I don't need it, well 500 ISO is always welcome and I do need the practice in these survival nodes.
  • I missed one due to not having the essential (She-Hulk). Even if I had 5 of the cover offered, I'd still play it to get the 2K iso reward because I desperately need iso now that ive gone from having 0 characters that needed iso to 12 that need iso in less than a week... And thats not including the ones I've leveled during that time...
  • Got all of them. That survival node was worth, in essence, 2500 ISO if I didn't need the cover, 2000 and a cover if I did need it, and the only covers I needed were Luke Cage and Rocket and Groot. I can't imagine that I'll ever deliberately not complete the Daily Quest. It's more important to me than the PVP is right now.
  • I got all the covers just because I can.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got them all for 2 reasons;
    1). I need some of the covers
    2). It's fun, I just wish you could re-play the last survival node. Even if for only 20 iso. icon_e_biggrin.gif

edit; 3rd reason ..... iso. To quote Deadpool: "I want so much iso, I can swim in it. Like that rich duck guy!" icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I've gotten all but Luke Cage since I didn't have him on my roster. I've since won a Luke Cage cover, but he's sitting in my que because I only have 75 Hero Points. I think I might delete my 1 cover squirrel girl to make room for Luke.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I got all the covers just because I can.

I didn't think of that one. And I can't add it otherwise the existing poll results will disappear.

Next time I do a poll like this I'll do a pre-poll poll of questions to poll which questions should be added to the questions in the poll that the pre-poll poll is asking questions about.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I've gotten all but Luke Cage since I didn't have him on my roster. I've since won a Luke Cage cover, but he's sitting in my que because I only have 75 Hero Points. I think I might delete my 1 cover squirrel girl to make room for Luke.

I think I'm going to delete SG from my roster just out of principal. What a stupid character and waste of HP/Time.
  • So far the only one I didn't get was she hulk because it's one of the two characters that I don't have in the 3*s (Ragnarok being the other one).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only cover I needed or wanted was Luke cage. I have gotten them all because if by doing that last node I get 500 ISO from the cover, 2000 ISO for completing the event. That is better than 5-7 matches in a LR and tames less time. I run She-Hulk, BP, and Hood and take basicly no damage so it does not take health packs either. Win win win
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think "Because it's the most fun thing in Marvel Puzzle Quest since those awesome 20-person Lightning Round brackets around the anniversary" is a good option! I've finished each one, even if I didn't need the cover. It's been great to break out dusty two-stars I haven't used in a long time (Moonstone). I've also challenged myself to use a different team every day for the final challenge - that's been interesting. Tonight my 151 Falcon, 120 Captain America, and 89 Luke Cage did the deed for me.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I completed all but one, because I didn't have the required character (She-Hulk, I'm sensing a trend!). By sheer fluke, they were all covers I "needed" in the sense of not having 13 covers for the character, even though I'll eventually respec out of some of them. That includes the three I got from tacos. But it's my favorite gameplay mode right now, so I figure if I stop doing it every day it'll be because I've stopped playing the game, not because I don't need the cover.

A couple of additional notes:

1) When I didn't have the required character, and couldn't complete the quest, it didn't hurt my feelings.
    2) The first day I completed the Big Enchalada with 2* characters because I didn't know what to expect, so I was sending cannon fodder in. I scraped out a win. After that, I've continued to use a 2* team because it fells like the spirit of the quest; and because I often need my stronger characters in full health elsewhere; and because it makes me feel smug when people complain that it's too hard.
    3) Two weeks ago I had two cover-maxed 3* characters with another six at ten to twelve covers; now I have four cover-maxed and eight in the ten to twelve range. That's not just because of Deadpool, but he helped a lot!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    46750 iso in 10 days. Cage & Grocket yellow have been only ones I've needed so far, but I welcome the boost to the economy.
  • veneretio wrote:

Here's what I do:

Same. Waiting to level up a 1* enough to go for the huge Iso prize too.
  • buddy2034
    buddy2034 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    From the other poll, this poll is what I was really meaning. I said tokens and meant covers. It's great to see some people using covers they win. A lot of the forumites have max rosters so it's just iso. But if the true intent was transition and we're actually seeing that happen, this is a huge step in the right direction. Thanks Roach!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've gotten them all despite only needing about 3.

The first reason is I play everything. I happen to like the game! GASP!

The second reason is, it's fun. When I heard the mode was going to be completely non-competitive I almost fainted. It is nice to not be in constant competition. Who woulda thunk it?

The third reason is tacos.
  • I missed a couple that I didn't need that I would have gotten anyway to sell but the pve grind was predominantly the reason why I missed it.