** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    When you're in the middle, you are in 3* land. I have five maxed, and a few around 150, and a lot at 100. Maybe 10-12 are maxed covers, forever waiting for ISO. That's more than enough to compete. I've got 800 in every pvp for three seasons. So, I'm not fully transitioned, but I'm competing well, and it just took a few months.

Once you get one team that works, covers start flowing in. I sell half the 3* covers I get now, since I can't use them.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    ark123 wrote:
    Switchman wrote:
    "The 2*>3* transition is only a few months"

HAHAHAHA, on what planet bruh!?!?

Unless you are dropping literally $500/mo. on this game, a few months is a pipe dream.

Took me one or two seasons. It could take way longer if you have no idea what you're doing or if you play only 10min a day though.

Okay, I don't know how some of y'all do it. Been playing for a year now (passed the 365 marker over this last weekend) and I am only now able to use some of the star.pngstar.pngstar.png toons that I've picked up. I know there's no need to spend $500/mo, but I really am amazed at how some are able to get to the star.pngstar.pngstar.png stage so quickly. Truth is likely somewhere in the middle...

If you can put in the time to get all 3 covers in PvE (+bonus alliance cover) and have the roster to top 5 the PvP, that's 8 covers for a new character off the bat. Add in the next PvE + PvP's progression rewards and you're already at 10 out of the 13 covers. Once you're at the top of the hill its very easy to fully cover everyone, its just a matter of ISO at that point.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    A level 270 Ares. Absolute beast. That is all continue on with your day.
  • hes the god of beasts, or is that war. he really needs a goon feeding him green to make him deadly though, amiright? icon_e_wink.gif
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    thanos8587 wrote:
    hes the god of beasts, or is that war. he really needs a goon feeding him green to make him deadly though, amiright? icon_e_wink.gif

god of war.

I find his yellow is a little more irksome than his green oft times.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    He wiped my 127(3/4/4) Thor, 127 (5/5/1) xforce, 94 OBW in I think 6 turns. That's 20 000 health. He did get one giant cascade to feed powers. But I was in awe of what happened. I wasn't even angry. Just amazed.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Hank McCoy.
  • For all of those complaining about the Mags, IM, Boss node last sub, I would rather fight them all day instead of the Ares, goon feeder node. I just can't do enough damage to ares before he gets off a 4-8k onslaught or a 10k sunder.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    As some have already said, the casual-ness / lol-ness most of ya'll claim that the transition was is just SO FREAKING EASY for ya'll is ridiculous.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    The factor the "2*>3* was easy" people likely aren't considering is the growth in the player base, which impacts the strength distribution of a given PvP player slice. When you guys were transitioning, odds are that of the top 1000 players in a given PvP event, maybe 50-60 had high 3*/4*-level teams, leaving the bottom part of the T100 open for 2* transitioners to get a featured cover or two. Rinse, lather, repeat and pretty soon you've got well-covered 3*.

Today, for all we know the top 1000 in a given PvP slice might consist of 150 players with 3*-4* level teams, and 300 with maxed 2* teams. That makes it much more difficult to place in the T100, especially if it's a popular event and all those 3*s want the featured cover.** The 2*s are fighting for the crumbs that inactive or inattentive 3*s leave them. And given how many new characters there have been, that featured cover that you're not getting is probably the special node cover for the next PvE, so you're already a step behind there if you want to cover up via that route.

If you're in a top 100 alliance, that gets mitigated somewhat by your alliance awards, of course. But if you only have a maxed 2* team, you probably aren't generating enough points to get accepted into a top 100 alliance. Catch-22.

tl;dr: It's hard out there for a pimp, ****.

**Or you get lucky and get in a low-level slice where a grossly disproportionately small point total puts you in the top 10. It happens....
  • OP needs to be updated, and we need a pool (or not, Im pretty sure most people uses wither 445 or 355).
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been stuck on 5/0/5 for a while but thanks to the brotherhood event, the tokens has given me 3 red covers so now I'm 5/3/5.
  • TLCstormz
    In the Prodigal Son events.

Meaning......you're self hurting, but never having a chance to regain some of that health, nor do more damage.

Why?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused, do you mean he's not placing a countdown when using Sunder? If you're fighting Maggia they tend to take up a lot of yellow tiles with their own countdown moves - are you sure there was one open for Ares to use?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused, do you mean he's not placing a countdown when using Sunder? If you're fighting Maggia they tend to take up a lot of yellow tiles with their own countdown moves - are you sure there was one open for Ares to use?

This - if all the yellow tiles on the board are taken by strike or maggia countdowns, Ares can't place a tile.
  • TLCstormz
    .........I'm on Day 90, guys. That's obvious.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Well, my Ares is working fine so... The logical assumption is that you're misrembering the board state. I don't mean that as an insult to you, it's just the most likely explanation.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

Yeah, we could totally tell what day you were on by the little blurb.

It never hurts to include more details.

Is the CD tile being placed?
    Is it resolving and not adding back health?
    Are you using it to finish off the last character?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Well, my Ares is working fine so... The logical assumption is that you're misrembering the board state. I don't mean that as an insult to you, it's just the most likely explanation.

Mine seems to be working as intended, as well.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Wokring perfectly fine here. Drop Sunder followed up by Hood's Intimidation for a 1 turn CD. Ain't got time to wait for 2 turns to heal.