Event missions that require 4 star characters

Options
As a relatively new player, about 1 month, I find it extremely ridiculous that most pve events, which I can usually do well in, as opposed to getting crushed in pvp from point loss, require 4 star characters to really complete. If I can't complete the event how am I supposed to get first place to earn a 4 star? The 3 star ones and the rubber banding are suck, but at least I can place in top 25 for events and earn them over time. It seems like you're punishing players who haven't been playing from the start by only letting those who have 4 stars get any more.

That being said I want to say that in spite of rubber banding and the issue above I love the game. I want to congratulate you on making the least offensively freemium system ever conceived and an excellent game that I hope to get many more happy hours from... and maybe some 4 stars...

Comments

• You don't need 4-star chars to do well in these events because they are really bad atm. In fact I found the 240s to be easier than the 120s because I wasn't forced to use IW. I think I beat the 120s level once and never went back because it was such a pain.

Also least offensive freemium system ever? Definitely not
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think he means you need some of the 4 stars to play the missions.
  • Thanos wrote:
    I think he means you need some of the 4 stars to play the missions.

Yea, the chance of me finding a IW or even a punisher is pretty minute with tokens, and I end up top like 50 if I'm lucky because I can handle all the fights through skill but they lock 1 to 3 missions to high star characters that I can't get without finishing first, which is impossible if I can't play all the missions.
  • Yeah and I'm saying unless you are aiming for top2, you can skip the IW-required missions because they aren't even worth it. Punisher-required missions are another story though, they should at least give you a Punisher to use for all of those
  • But how are you ever supposed to GET IW if you can't get 1 or 2 because of not having the missions available?
  • Because many tournaments give her out as a tournament placement reward, or tournament progress reward. They are hard to get, but definitely achievable.
  • the reason is very simple. the publisher wants to force you to spend ridiculous amounts of hp on packs hoping to get an IW/Punisher/Hulk cover. the odds of it are so low that if this is your goal the 10x pack with guaranteed cover is often better math... and even more insane amounts of $$ needed. you either place well in pvp which means buying shields/health for most new players or you spend $$ on 10x.

didn't place well last tournament? can't afford the $$ for a 10x? they don't care about you then, you dont fit in the business model. it's a hard truth but very evident in the last 2 months of updates that have been released

spoiler alert: once the community gets enough of IW/Punisher/Hulk maxed they will nerf them to unusable, release a new cover, and make this new cover required in tournaments to progress.
  • Basically the special character required mission is a way for guys with those characters to have to do slightly less work for the same amount of points. That said compared to The Hulk, the special character required mission sure is actually quite challenging and nothing like the free points for just having The Punisher around. Given IW basically does nothing, the IW required missions are only slightly easier than the hardest mission and give a corresponding less amount of points, so the risk/reward is still relatively balanced.
  • Catalyst wrote:
    spoiler alert: once the community gets enough of IW/Punisher/Hulk maxed they will nerf them to unusable, release a new cover, and make this new cover required in tournaments to progress.
    Yes I am afraid this is their business model and they are basically counting on player ignorance to generate revenue. After all, why are there options in Recruit Heroes to spend HP on Widow and Hawkeye? Why is there still no link in-game to the forums? Why the consistent lack of communication?

However a business is still a business and devs need to feed their families. Plus it's not like this would be the first game to exploit its paying customers
  • Phantron wrote:
    Basically the special character required mission is a way for guys with those characters to have to do slightly less work for the same amount of points. That said compared to The Hulk, the special character required mission sure is actually quite challenging and nothing like the free points for just having The Punisher around. Given IW basically does nothing, the IW required missions are only slightly easier than the hardest mission and give a corresponding less amount of points, so the risk/reward is still relatively balanced.

Exactly, the diff in level of opponents was not that big, and the fact I could use only 2 members and IW served just as ballast made it way harder. (Well, she was little better than 1/0/0 punisher in hulk as she managed several tile colors so picked up some hits -- but the punisher missions were really a pushover -- and provided massive points.

For the general topic I'm actually happy to have these kind of missions, they make me feel right not to dump IW early on icon_e_smile.gif, a small reward. I hope she will be fixed for good gaining abilities or at least usable ones.