Frequently Asked Questions

Comments

• Roya PQ wrote:
    Yes, you can delete the save file in your folder:

On Win7 path is something like:

C:\Users\%USERNAME\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\slot0\mpq_save.dat

and restart the game. May need to be able to see hidden files to get there.

Consequently you can also backup your save between computers, between HDs, etc. by saving this file.
    Thank you for reply but this didnt work, already tried.
    This game needs a log in option like the Marvel Heroes game, as I said in feedback if anyone reads that, I don't know how this work, but shoulnd be too hard to implement a log in option wich you can login with e-mail adress like in MH.
  • dinoz wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:

C:\Users\%USERNAME\AppData\Local\Demiurge Studios\Marvel Puzzle Quest\slot0\mpq_save.dat

Consequently you can also backup your save between computers, between HDs, etc. by saving this file.
    This game needs a log in option like the Marvel Heroes game, as I said in feedback if anyone reads that, I don't know how this work, but shoulnd be too hard to implement a log in option wich you can login with e-mail adress like in MH.

What happened to me was that my saved file got corrupted somehow and I have to restart all over again.
    You may want to try to "corrupt" the file... icon_cool.gif
  • dinoz wrote:
    Roya PQ wrote:

That's really strange, when I went to visit family I had to move this save file over to my laptop for it to work. Prior the fresh steam install of MPQ on my laptop started a fresh game. Could you post your exact steps? Or open a ticket in the Bug forums because this seems really strange.
  • Mischief
    Mischief Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Roya PQ wrote:

So I'd copy that folder from my desktop onto my laptop if I wanted to play on my laptop while I'm traveling and then copy it back from my laptop to my desktop when I'm done? Can I play on both in parallel or do I need to really only play on one place or the game will get confused?

For example:
    I have it on my desktop.
    I copy that folder to my laptop.
    Can I play on my desktop at that point or only on the laptop?

TYVM. I have a ticket open asking about how to migrate but havent heard back from support when I found this thread.
  • Well, since it saves after you close the game. You don't really want to be playing in parallel!

I copied it to my laptop, went on a trip, used my laptop exclusively, then copied back when i got home and am using it exclusively on my desktop now.

I understand what you mean though, sure would be handy to play in the basement, then bring up my laptop to play some in bed before going to bed. I wouldn't bet on it working that way..although it sure would be a nice feature -cough-.
  • Mischief
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Well, since it saves after you close the game. You don't really want to be playing in parallel!

I copied it to my laptop, went on a trip, used my laptop exclusively, then copied back when i got home and am using it exclusively on my desktop now.

I understand what you mean though, sure would be handy to play in the basement, then bring up my laptop to play some in bed before going to bed. I wouldn't bet on it working that way..although it sure would be a nice feature -cough-.

Your example is actually what I'll be trying to do in a few weeks. I'll be traveling on business and would like to play a game or two on the road.

I'm wishing for Steam cloud as well but in this case I was going to prep a VM (I'm assuming MPQ will work in a VM) copy the files over a few days ahead of time. Does the order of events have to occur in a specific order?

Should I:
    1-Install Steam.
    2-Install MPQ
    3-Copy Folder?
    or
    1-Copy Folder to the right place.
    2-Install Steam.
    3-Install MPQ and it will automatically find the folder and be happy?

Something else?
    TYVM.
  • Mischief wrote:
    1-Install Steam.
    2-Install MPQ
    3-Copy Folder?
    This one. Don't copy the folder until you're ready to switch so Yiu don't lose anything.
  • A weird question but is it possible if the game would run on a device without pixel shader 2.0 support? My netbook doesn't run the game because of it. LG X130. Intel Mobile 945 video. Maybe it would be possible in the future with better scalable graphics in option menü? I don't know.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    KevinMark wrote:
    A weird question but is it possible if the game would run on a device without pixel shader 2.0 support? My netbook doesn't run the game because of it. LG X130. Intel Mobile 945 video. Maybe it would be possible in the future with better scalable graphics in option menü? I don't know.
    I wouldn't count it out, but it's unlikely that we'd put a lot of resources into opening the game up for lower spec computers. We're already covering around 90% of all hardware that is being used on Steam (within the Windows subcategory of course) at the moment.
  • IceIX wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    A weird question but is it possible if the game would run on a device without pixel shader 2.0 support? My netbook doesn't run the game because of it. LG X130. Intel Mobile 945 video. Maybe it would be possible in the future with better scalable graphics in option menü? I don't know.
    I wouldn't count it out, but it's unlikely that we'd put a lot of resources into opening the game up for lower spec computers. We're already covering around 90% of all hardware that is being used on Steam (within the Windows subcategory of course) at the moment.

Is there a post or directions on how to use my mobile account with my steam account?
  • russnou wrote:
    Is there a post or directions on how to use my mobile account with my steam account?

Currently this is not possible.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    russnou wrote:

Well then, is there a way to permanently move my steam account to a mobile one maybe ?
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    russnou wrote:

Thanks was wishing they goat around to this
  • Given how often it comes up, I can't imagine at this point that they aren't looking more into getting it set up. But, I dunno how complex implementation would be, and if it would take a lot, they might be directing their resources towards lower hanging fruit, to make more improvements faster than dedicating bunches to one fix that will take a long time.
  • Mischief
    Jokman wrote:
    Kyosokun wrote:
    russnou wrote:

Well then, is there a way to permanently move my steam account to a mobile one maybe ?

I asked about this and they said couldn't be done and closed my ticket. I wish I could migrate my Steam stuff to my tablet too.
  • IceIX wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    I see. I thought maybe it could be done since the game also has a mobile version. Granted some mobiles are better than my netbook icon_e_biggrin.gif I can play on my desktop computer but it would be nice if could play on my netbook too.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Is it possible to have the game on my phone (which it is now) which is connected to Facebook AND have a separate account on a tablet but not connected to Facebook? Both use the same g mail email account for the account settings. Will this mess anything up?

If I just register a different pvp name on the tablet, will it all be ok?

In the end I want 2 separate accounts, on two different devices but using the same Google email account. Both are android devices.

Thanks in Advance!
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Hi there,
    I currently play the MPQ on my iPhone 4 but will be upgrading to an iPhone 5 soon.

I am NOT on Facebook.

When I install the game on my new phone (same email, Apple Store account), will it preserve my roster?

Thanks, in advance.
  • PorkBelly wrote:
    Hi there,
    I currently play the MPQ on my iPhone 4 but will be upgrading to an iPhone 5 soon.

I am NOT on Facebook.

When I install the game on my new phone (same email, Apple Store account), will it preserve my roster?

Thanks, in advance.

No, it will not. I recommend linking to facebook to preserve your account (it's a great safety net if nothing else). However, if you cannot/will not, if you submit a ticket after, the fine folks working support have been able to restore people's accounts in the past.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    is there a way to have two accounts on one iPhone? I would love to start over, but I have a Mac and an iPhone. I can't run MPQ on Steam for Mac.