*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• I see Hulk + Sentry + The Hood at the end of the first bracket and nothing else that sounds like what you're describing. Dormammu's Aid only steals 1 AP from whatever color that it is eligible, but it does so every turn and it's very easy to think not much time has happened in a fairly boring 1-match-per-side sequence that spanned multiple turns without realizing he's stolen multiple times. A lot of time I'd be sitting on say 6 green AP and just say, 'okay one more green match for X Force' and by the time you get that one green match you only have 2 green AP left even though it sure didn't seem like it was that long.
  • I'm deciding between spending HP, currently 2800, on two 3* thor green (2/3/2, soon 2/4/2) or two hood blue (4/3/2).

Do you guys know how good hood is with 2*thor? Can I hit 600 in pvp consistently? So I have a good chance of getting another Thor cover, next time rewards roll around.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Kriegerbot wrote:
    I'm deciding between spending HP, currently 2800, on two 3* thor green (2/3/2, soon 2/4/2) or two hood blue (4/3/2).

Do you guys know how good hood is with 2*thor? Can I hit 600 in pvp consistently? So I have a good chance of getting another Thor cover, next time rewards roll around.
    I think you should go Hood.
    1. Hood will probably be rotated out soon.
    2. LThor just got rotated back in, so there should be a number of opportunities to win his covers.
    3. Hood 5 blue is ridiculously good.

You might consider skipping Hood if:
    1. You need 2 Loki green covers (Loki is arguably equal/better).
    2. You have no other 3* damage guy to carry you (Hood can't really carry games).
    3. You want to focus on a faster team (i.e. Patch/Hulk).
  • Trisul wrote:
    1. Hood will probably be rotated out soon.
    What are you basing this on? The moment they rotate hood out I'm maxing my loki
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    What are you basing this on? The moment they rotate hood out I'm maxing my loki
    Just on how long Hood has been in the season rotation.
  • I prefer Loki over The Hood, but I find they're fairly interchangeable in terms of winning, and Twin Pistols still packs a lot of punch which is useful in essential because usually if whoever is doing damage is downed, you'd be down to the essential guy + Loki or The Hood, and if the essential guy sucks, it'd literally take forever to win even if you have infinite AP at this point, while The Hood can do 5000 damage per Twin Pistols which is still enough to win the game in a reasonable time even if you got absolutely nothing else to use offensively.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I've been debating on whether to max out hood for the extra health or keeping him at 130 so Thor can tank Yellow for him.

Thoughts?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    Arondite wrote:
    So I've been debating on whether to max out hood for the extra health or keeping him at 130 so Thor can tank Yellow for him.

Thoughts?
    Thor can tank yellow for Hood up to level 141 or 142. Patch or Sentry can tank for him up to level 119.
    I'm always for keeping support characters a bit under leveled if it keeps them hidden. Maybe I lose some on defence (though I doubt a few hundred hit points matter that much) but it saves on health packs on offence.

Edited the blunder I made. So sorry if I've caused any inconvenience. icon_redface.gif
  • Patch and Sentry can't tank yellow for a 138/139 Hood seeing as yellow is Hood's primary and Patch/Sentry's tertiary. At level 140, Hood would already have yellow at 69, while maxed Patch and Sentry only have yellow at 61.
    But at level 119, Hood would concede yellow to any other 3* or 4* yellow user (regardless of position on team). Not sure about level 120. I keep my Falcon and Mohawk at level 119 and any other yellow and green users tank their primary colours.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Yes. I messed that up, shouldn't post so late at night. icon_redface.gif You're right, level 139 is only relevant for Hood's blue (his second colour) to hide behind a maxed Cap. Or anyone else with blue as the third colour.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Current Prodigal Sun where he is essential? I made the mistake of levelling him to 55, and now he tanks all his colours for a 2* roster like mine. Even surpassing a maxed level and boosted Ares.

Health packs every few nodes. *sigh* icon_neutral.gif
  • So is 5/5/3 the best build for Hood now that no one cares about countdowns?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    So is 5/5/3 the best build for Hood now that no one cares about countdowns?

Yes. And it's not exactly that we don't care about countdowns (see: LCap), it's just that you're never really going to have more than 2 or 3 on the board at a time.
  • Intimidation is actually pretty useful with Loki, like when you have 25 Mischief tiles on the board and the AI is about to deliver some total beatdown and your AP steal will kick in one turn after your team is downed. If you had a level 5 Intimidation you can instantly steal an obscene amount of AP and beatdown the AI instead of the other way around. Of course, this scenario is pretty rare, and you can deal with this by just having some level 5 Intimidation TU sitting around, though getting those TUs in the first place can be pretty tricky if there isn't an event like TaT or Meet R&G going on.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Intimidation is actually pretty useful with Loki, like when you have 25 Mischief tiles on the board and the AI is about to deliver some total beatdown and your AP steal will kick in one turn after your team is downed. If you had a level 5 Intimidation you can instantly steal an obscene amount of AP and beatdown the AI instead of the other way around. Of course, this scenario is pretty rare, and you can deal with this by just having some level 5 Intimidation TU sitting around, though getting those TUs in the first place can be pretty tricky if there isn't an event like TaT or Meet R&G going on.

This is why I have a second hood with 5 black. It's actually a good build, if you have a hero with multiple CD tiles...
  • So Hood Yellow ends the turn. I cast it in a match and intentionally overlapped it to only take out 14 tiles. By doing so, I created a match-5. When the match-5 came up, the screen flashed "extra turn" and finished the cascade.

At this point, instead of my extra turn, control flipped to the AI. It was my understanding that creating a match-5 in the cascades after Hood's Yellow would allow the player to retain control of the board.

Thank you for looking into this issue.
  • Hood covers go from being extremely scarce, to being handed out like candy. Think I'll build a second one with 5 black since I love using him with Loki
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I think this is just a clarification issue, but this has been happening the whole time. I've had it happen on a number of occasions. I think that technically, your turn is ended as soon as you use the ability, rather than when all the cascading is done. This is to prevent such a strong ability from being abused by using it multiple times (as a result of gaining AP from cascades). This is how I see it.
  • Yep, fully intended. Functioned the same way when old yellow ability ended the turn with covers 1-4.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Yep, fully intended. Functioned the same way when old yellow ability ended the turn with covers 1-4.

Not exactly: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2413&p=35252#p35252