Unstable ISO!!!

Comments

• I think I'm sitting comfortably in the top 15 of my bracket so here's my strategy for taking on the Battle of Brazil repeatable!
    I actually have three different team variations that I cycle through and I was able to get about 20 wins yesterday.

#1 Team Awesome
    1. c.Storm lvl44 3,4,3
    2. Thor lv47 5,4,3
    3. throw away Cap.

boosts: +3 all stockpile, +3 red/yellow stockpile, target dark avengers / hammer

I've been consistently able to get 2-3 back to back wins with this team without needing to heal up. Use enviro tiles to feed storm's raging tempest and build up that red ap.With 18 ap, I unleash three of Thor's mjolnir's might which provides me with a decent amount of yellow ap for thunder strike. I like to focus my attacks on both Ragnarok and the Hammer commander, keeping them pretty even. Keep focus on red ap, to stop Ragnarok's hammer. His godly strike isn't really that much of a threat here because Thor can take quite a beating. Last tip: try not to pop an enviro tile when the enemy can get a match of 4 or more. It takes too big a hit out of cap and you waste another potential raging tempest proc.

#2 Team kind of awesome
    1. c.Storm lvl 44, 3,4,3
    2. Magneto(now) lvl 10 2,2,0
    3. My personal cap lvl 27 3,5,2

boosts: +3 all stockpile, +3 blue/purple. target dark avengers

The strategy here is tempest, tempest, tempest. My cap will take every hit in the opening rounds of the fight. I use him as a meat shield to build purple and blue ap. Purple ap is used to build more blue ap for storm. I use my tempest stun on Rag first, then the commander and try to keep them both locked down. Red ap goes to cap's shield throwing, eliminating any yellow countdown tiles or setting up 5 matches. Once cap goes down, use magneto and purple tiles to feed raging tempest and chip away what will be left of the enemy. I get 1-2 wins with this team before needing to heal cap up.

#3 Team 40/60 chance of winning

1. c.Storm lvl 44 3,4,3
    2. Iron man(35) lvl 30, 5,5,3
    3. throw away cap

boosts: +3 all, +3 red/yellow, target dark avengers

This team is my last ditch effort to get a win in before taking a break and letting thor/cap/med kits replenish. Feed throw away cap to storm and try to let the yellow countdown tile go off. This lets any match of 3 proc a raging tempest on iron man too. It is a team combo that needs a bit of luck but I have had some success with them. All your damage should be focused on Rag here, to stop the crazy big hits from coming in.

All my combos are very boost dependent but I desperately wanted to get to 2k for Spiderman. I don't have the kick **** teams that other people do but I've planned hard, tried a lot of different things and dumped a ton of iso on boosts. I use a juggernaut/m.storm/m.black widow to try and cherry pick wins in the Shield Versus tournament for easy iso replenishments. The result was me getting to 2k and getting that Spidey! I'm not much of tournament player so I figured this would be my last realistic shot at unlocking the healer :p

Hope this helps some of you reach your personal goals for the tournament before the day is over!
  • forgrim wrote:
    i farmed a little of the ragnarok mission but one mistake, team's wiped out. painful.

what team u running dralion, i see u roaring up the ranks

I posted this a couple of days ago

Team:
    Thor = 70 (5/4/4)
    Storm classic = 25 (5/5/3)
    cap't throwaway

I got Thor up to 72 as a cheap(er) way of healing than buying healing packs, but ya it's brutal. One mistake and i lose the team. I popped into the top 15 and now just grinding away to hopefully stay here!
  • our 10-16 ranks are all within 50 points of each other. one will be left off. the ppl we are overtaking because of our little own race at the bottom has no idea we crept that close to them, its pretty hilarious
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Anyone have an idea what the approximate ISO-8 total would be so far if a player had just completed the story (i.e. done each mission once)? That could serve as a useful reference point for what the devs considered a good prize for all players that completed the event. I'm at 1675 and I ground at least 100 on the 4 & 2 ISO early repeatables, so maybe somewhere around 1500? So maybe the idea is that the classic spidey at 1500 is the player's reward for just doing the event.
  • I'm guessing (key being guessing), 1400? I was at 1600 yesterday, and only grinded semi-crazy on the first 4 point repeatable.
  • Kavel wrote:
    Anyone have an idea what the approximate ISO-8 total would be so far if a player had just completed the story (i.e. done each mission once)? That could serve as a useful reference point for what the devs considered a good prize for all players that completed the event. I'm at 1675 and I ground at least 100 on the 4 & 2 ISO early repeatables, so maybe somewhere around 1500? So maybe the idea is that the classic spidey at 1500 is the player's reward for just doing the event.

At 1205 right now. I didn't do first one or two sets of impossible missions and I completed only one repeatable once.
  • i'm praying there are another set of missions today so i can get 2500 (at 2252 right now, so that would be a lot of farming ragnarok...)
  • forgrim wrote:
    i'm praying there are another set of missions today so i can get 2500 (at 2252 right now, so that would be a lot of farming ragnarok...)

I don't wnat to be a bad prophet but there was something like "to be continued" in last mission. So I think this is it. So better farm ragnarok right now. GL
  • haha not worth my time, i'll just maintain top 15 position (10th right now with separation of 100 between 10th and 15th)
  • I'm guessing (key being guessing), 1400? I was at 1600 yesterday, and only grinded semi-crazy on the first 4 point repeatable.

I've completed every mission just once and I am at 1298. Kind of a bummer, I was hoping to reach 1500 today with a new set of missions.
  • If everyone else stops now, I only need to beat Ragnarok 461 more times to reach number 1... Regen faster, Storm!
  • If everyone else stops now, I only need to beat Ragnarok 461 more times to reach number 1... Regen faster, Storm!

icon_e_smile.gif

And you have slightly more then 1 minute per run....no problems icon_e_wink.gif

I only need 414 runs to beat Bainee...might not make it

Good luck with that!
  • forgrim wrote:
    haha not worth my time, i'll just maintain top 15 position (10th right now with separation of 100 between 10th and 15th)

I wonder how many of the other brackets have 2260 as the lowest score in the top 10? And by the sounds everyone in the top 20 in the 2000's. Tough old bracket, our one.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    haha not worth my time, i'll just maintain top 15 position (10th right now with separation of 100 between 10th and 15th)

I wonder how many of the other brackets have 2260 as the lowest score in the top 10? And by the sounds everyone in the top 20 in the 2000's. Tough old bracket, our one.

Mine has Bainee as #1 with 3565 and #10 has 1893
  • The Ladder wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

One was 1800 points with leader so this one was nice. I think mine was quite hard or maybe the hardest. 2500 points top ten
  • looks like there's three really painful brackets, and the others kind of ease up...and according to the matchmaking, it'll be like this for awhile
  • zzzWolph leading my bracket with 3540, no.10 has 1607. I am (hopefully) safe in 3rd place with 2518 and a 500 point buffer over 4th.

I think that me and zzz we're the only ones to farm the 4- and 6-point repeatables, so nearly everyone else gave up the chase, except for Handsome3314 who overtook me a couple of days ago. This tournament has been very good to me, if I stay 3rd I'll have made 1600 Hero Points out of it. With each extra space costing 350 now, I'll need it icon_eek.gif
  • I think these events and brakets are time dependent. The first 1000 to score go in first, then the second 1000 and so on