Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2015
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'll need to try using Hulk some more. I've mostly been using Wolvie since he gets boosted.

EDIT: Finally started using Hulk. Holy hell. He's a lifesaver.

as I said earlier: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23897&start=80#p301427

The thing about all these ninja-goons is they deal very small damage over lots of countdowns(exceptions of meteor hammer, strength in numbers) so even one protect tile(Luke Cage, Falcon) can mitigate alot of this damage.

On the same note, these goons get Hulk very blackflag.png-ed, so that's another option.

----

Hulk is a very good option once you have enough black covers to either A) Feed Storm or B) Feed Patch. It might cost you a health pack, but Hulk has tons of health anyway.

PS: I tried to do the "do a survival node after the event ends" thing and the rewards reset!!!! AGAIN!!!
  • I ran X Force, Captain America, and Blade on the survival nodes, and ironically, X Force is only there to tank and since he only gets green/TU, he's not even very good at it so I probably should use someone else (maybe R&G). Once you have about 3 Nightstalkers on the field there's literally no way you can lose the game so you don't want to use X Force, and you want to save your black to put more Nightstalkers in case they somehow got destroyed. At first I thought Thor will be better for stunning, but after trying and working out the math, Captain America is still better for occasionally stunning because it takes him 2 AP to stun someone once he has at least 12 blue AP (like Teisatsus), while Thor needs at least 3 blue AP to stun anyone and that's assuming every tile on the board is already charged. The extra damage from Thor matters little because when you have 30 red AP plus 2 more CDs on the board returning 10 red AP it doesn't take very long to win.
  • so that person earlier in the thread that was able to share enemy of the state tokens w/ their facebook friends wasn't a photoshop, I just did it whoooo!!!!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops 2 (the 5 waves node) is worth 9406 to Wolveroach.

Slice 1, 8 hours to go, done 2 nodes for a total of 2634 and the leader is on 45426. Got to love rubber-banding.

Edit: it lied, it was worth only 9030.
  • I just did the final Survival Node with OBW, Hulk, and Cap Rogers..... Holy hell. That was just stunning. I hardly took any damage from the enemy. Mostly just Gorgon and some countdown tiles. I wish I would have thought to use that team earlier. icon_razz.gif
  • Any idea when does this event end? With the slice system I can't just look at my game and check icon_e_smile.gif
  • ECOcrush
    ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
    ****? I just got hosed out of the final two rewards for Enemy of the State. I played the final survival node and was defeated in the final wave but it said I earned enough points for Cyclops and that I attained all the rewards for the event. When the award pop-ups didn't happen, I checked my score and I was all the way back down to 3300 points!

I just submitted a ticket.
  • Any idea when does this event end? With the slice system I can't just look at my game and check icon_e_smile.gif

Go to the "Event Rules" tab under event rewards and it will tell you how much time you have left.
  • I've been trying to use Falcon more, and find that he just can't keep up with the countdowns and strike tiles by the Teiatsu, especially when there are 3 of them, or in that one survival node with more and more of them pop up in wave 2. Thanks to all for suggesting the blade combo; it's been way more effective so far.
  • daibar wrote:
    I've been trying to use Falcon more, and find that he just can't keep up with the countdowns and strike tiles by the Teiatsu, especially when there are 3 of them, or in that one survival node with more and more of them pop up in wave 2. Thanks to all for suggesting the blade combo; it's been way more effective so far.

Falcon can't keep up with goon countdowns. No one can(besides 3*Cap maybe) on their own. Falcon can HOWEVER make/buff protect tiles and eat at enemy tiles, a combination which neuters the ninja-goons(besides Meteor Hammer/Strength in Numbers). If you're running Falcon you can run 2*Cap/3*Cap who stuns to prevent Teiastu attack tiles if they worry you that much. A single 3*Steve blueflag.png protect should do the trick, as well.

If you NEVER want to get hit by countdowns, run 2*/3*America + Falcon + OBW. I use Blade instead of OBW as I've gotten more covers for 'em.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been a fun event! I really appreciate (finally) getting Blue Hood rewards. Scaling wasn't crazy at all, I was able to complete every node but one throughout the event: 127 Falcon (max covered) /Groot (missing 3 yellows) helped along with 140 Thor, my highest level 3*. I don't know if scaling was turned off or it ignored X-force at the beginning since Wolvy was "out" to start out with, the 244 XF is the only reason I've beaten some of the nodes later on for sure.

Only real negative I have is progression was almost a joke: we are sitting around 70th and nearly everyone has doubled progression, much of last day still to run. Reachable best progression is fun! I just wish they continued to give you 500 ISO/25 HP/heroic token every 5K or so, something to feel like you are still working towards.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    First slice closed with my bracket that started during the first sub at only 870 players. Wow. I've never seen pve brackets filling this slow. Is everyone taking time off or something?
  • First slice closed with my bracket that started during the first sub at only 870 players. Wow. I've never seen pve brackets filling this slow. Is everyone taking time off or something?

As others have said, I'd reckon Deadpool dailies are taking alot of the pressure off of placing in PVE and PVP. You could play for 7 days to get 2 covers(and other misc things) or play deadpool dailies and get a cover, 3,500+ iso every day.
  • I love/hate Gorgon. He's such a jerk of a character with some truly awesome troll abilities. The game needs more "boss" characters like him, that we'll never get to play as.

I really don't remember him being that bad in the first enemy of the state, but this go-around he's trolled the heck out of me a couple of times. Really starting to get annoyed by him icon_mad.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:
    As others have said, I'd reckon Deadpool dailies are taking alot of the pressure off of placing in PVE and PVP. You could play for 7 days to get 2 covers(and other misc things) or play deadpool dailies and get a cover, 3,500+ iso every day.

I also think it may also be related to the fact that a lot of people already have Hood because he's given out as a daily and he's been around forever.
  • Cammorak wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

I also think it may also be related to the fact that a lot of people already have Hood because he's given out as a daily and he's been around forever.

I would think this as well, but Hood blue is as rare as 3*Mag covers. I've been playing for 228 days and I've only gotten my hands on 3 hood blues.
  • Falcon should be used for offense with Inspiration and his ability to get rid of special tiles should be considered a bonus. It is exceptional against guys that pop out strong CDs slowly (Konrans, Pyros, Grenadiers) but you shouldn't expect Redwing to stop Shurikens or Turn To Smoke. Even the pre nerf Magneto with 5 blue AP Magnetic Field would have a hard time doing that if he's not allowed to kill the offending goon.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Falcon should be used for offense with Inspiration and his ability to get rid of special tiles should be considered a bonus. It is exceptional against guys that pop out strong CDs slowly (Konrans, Pyros, Grenadiers) but you shouldn't expect Redwing to stop Shurikens or Turn To Smoke. Even the pre nerf Magneto with 5 blue AP Magnetic Field would have a hard time doing that if he's not allowed to kill the offending goon.

I'm with you, but for me, Falcon usually just enables 3*Steve and Blade to get online. Maybe if my Falcon was 5 yellowflag.png or my Daken was 5 purpleflag.png or Blade 5 greenflag.png I'd be able to rely on inspiration on the offensive.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    First slice closed with my bracket that started during the first sub at only 870 players. Wow. I've never seen pve brackets filling this slow. Is everyone taking time off or something?
    Most of the players with a covered Hood skipped this event entirely.
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    For those in 2* land, the last node (Triumph) is very doable with Thor + Storm + Magneto. Just max your colours asap and cycle abilities like crazy.