DDQ 1* node question

Options
Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I currently do not have any 1* characters on my roster. Other than the reward for that single node, am I missing out on a 'bonus' reward for completing all 5 nodes?

Comments

• Yes. The full clear 2000 iso progression reward. Time to roster a 1* Juggernaut. He can solo the node just fine and is useful for Balance of Power.
  • And you're missing out on node 2 (taco token) and node 3 (1000 iso)

What kind of human are you that you don't enjoy playing with juggs? ....mhmmm.... jiggly juggs
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You don't need to clear the 1* node to unlock the others.
  • Now I will claim that I purposely spread misinformation to get more juggs in the game.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yeah, the three "normal" nodes are not tied to each other. The only limitations are the first node is limited to only 1*s, the second node and third ones only allow is 1*s & 2*s.

And like everyone said, it's really easy and it will let you play with only one 1*. I've been doing it with Black Widow, mostly because my Juggs draws have been zero so far. So far, today is the only day I've had 'problems' and all I had to do is focus the goons instead of the character and won it no problem.

Overall, I think I've dropped around 6,000 ISO getting BW together and leveling her to 30. However, since I've fully participated in three days and partially participated in two days, my gain in DDP rewards is 13,500 ISO (plus covers I've sold) - I've definitively came out ahead. Even if you want to be nitpicky and say that the 1* only really helps you get 500 ISO a day, the amount I've spent would pay itself off in a little under two weeks.

Easiest way to get a 1* is just Shield Simulator for a good dozen matches and you'll have a pretty decent amount of them. Crack open a couple Standard Tokens if you need to.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, the three "normal" nodes are not tied to each other. The only limitations are the first node is limited to only 1*s, the second node is 1*s & 2*s, and the last one is 1*s & 2*s & 3*s.

And like everyone said, it's really easy and it will let you play with only one 1*. I've been doing it with Black Widow, mostly because my Juggs draws have been zero so far. So far, today is the only day I've had 'problems' and all I had to do is focus the goons instead of the character and won it no problem.

Overall, I think I've dropped around 6,000 ISO getting BW together and leveling her to 30. However, since I've fully participated in three days and partially participated in two days, my gain in DDP rewards is 13,500 ISO (plus covers I've sold) - I've definitively came out ahead. Even if you want to be nitpicky and say that the 1* only really helps you get 500 ISO a day, the amount I've spent would pay itself off in a little under two weeks.

Easiest way to get a 1* is just Shield Simulator for a good dozen matches and you'll have a pretty decent amount of them. Crack open a couple Standard Tokens if you need to.

3* and 4* are only allowed on the essential and final node, the middle ones are 1* and 1*/2* only.