*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    How about this? If you build a second (or third, fourth etc.) copy of a character, they could each have their own unique covers.
  • I hate both covers, but at least the first was funny. The current is just annoying, ugly and very high on my list with the worst covers. You would expect them to choose among the best, but no, their selection range is as limited as their imagination.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    Something minor, that might be fun, since it's sort of on-topic.

Have you ever considered having a different cover for each color? Deadpool's Red has the head cover, the purple has a different one, the black has a third one? Might be fun, and it would also avoid the disappointing cover syndrome when you get excited and then disappointed because you get a guy you need a cover for but not one you need.
    You are asking too much. They can't get even 1 cover right, as we have seen for several characters, what do you think would happen with 3 covers?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't like the new cover icon_e_sad.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Narkon wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Have you ever considered having a different cover for each color? Deadpool's Red has the head cover, the purple has a different one, the black has a third one? Might be fun, and it would also avoid the disappointing cover syndrome when you get excited and then disappointed because you get a guy you need a cover for but not one you need.
    You are asking too much. They can't get even 1 cover right, as we have seen for several characters, what do you think would happen with 3 covers?

Jesus, man, who **** in your Cheerios? Talk about being negative... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • El Satanno wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Jesus, man, who tinykitty in your Cheerios? Talk about being negative... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Bad day, or to be more precise, bad month. Yeah, I was a little too negative icon_e_biggrin.gif , but I still think they could have chosen way better covers for several heroes.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Yep, our original game design had a cover for each power along with a different (actual) cover for each Iso and HP prize. We decided against it after a while during Alpha because it was confusing as heck to have 9 different Wolverine covers, then have a What If Wolverine Was A Vampire cover for 2500 Iso, etc. Graphically, looked great and varied. In practice it was confusing anyone who was just trying to do things by looking at the pretty pictures.
    I have to admit I'm still quite shocked - SHOCKED I tell you - that the super blindingly-obvious monetization strategy of paying to change what your cover looks like hasn't been implemented. (Along with paying to change what your character's costume is, which would really have to be done together or else it wouldn't make as much sense.)

I mean, like, honestly shocked. Pay-for-cosmetic is a pretty integral part of other "free to play" Marvel games.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    It's the third result on google when you search Rob Liefeld: 40 Worst Liefeld drawings, which also has a link to 40 more of them.
    I'm like 5 minutes in and this is the funniest thing I've read in forever. Thanks for the link!!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Deadpool is known for his covers. This is probably the lamest one they could ever come up with. Wow a big picture of his face. Meh.
  • Yeah, tiny kitty is it ugly compared to the last one.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting thought.

Sega bought Demurige

Sega is owned by Nintendo.

Deadpool Cover looks like Super Mario

Nintendo doesn't like similiarity

Nintendo tells Sega to tell Demurige to tell D3 to change the cover or bad things happen.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Interesting thought.

Sega bought Demurige

Deadpool Cover looks like Super Mario

Nintendo doesn't like similiarity

Nintendo tells Sega to tell Demurige to tell D3 to change the cover or bad things happen.
    Nothing of the sort.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    What??
  • hurcules wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    What??

Forget it, he's rolling.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    What??

Forget it, he's rolling.

Figuratively, not literally
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    With the upcoming changes in max health for many characters, they need to increase the max damage on ALOTT.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    notamutant wrote:
    With the upcoming changes in max health for many characters, they need to increase the max damage on ALOTT.

Currently the lowest health character is Hood/Storm at 5100. 65% of their health would be 3315 damage (Only 16 points higher than ALotT's max damage of 3299). The new lowest tier health is 7565 (not counting the schleps that aren't getting their health buffed). So...the new max damage for ALotT would be ~4917. 5k damage on a 6ap skill for anyone with over 7565 current hp seems a bit steep don't you think? Honestly, the buffed HP change is going to make the skill better since it'll be able to do max damage more often.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:

1 why just increase the damage only for ALOTT?
    2 If you increase damage for many/all skills why even do the health increase?

The devs want matches to last longer, i can't see another explanation for what's happening.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Meto5000 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Currently the lowest health character is Hood/Storm at 5100. 65% of their health would be 3315 damage (Only 16 points higher than ALotT's max damage of 3299). The new lowest tier health is 7565 (not counting the schleps that aren't getting their health buffed). So...the new max damage for ALotT would be ~4917. 5k damage on a 6ap skill for anyone with over 7565 current hp seems a bit steep don't you think? Honestly, the buffed HP change is going to make the skill better since it'll be able to do max damage more often.

You are correct, boosting the damage that much is overkill, but, Deadpool's skill is unique in that it is the only skill that does different damage based on a percentage of the opponents health (except for Punisher). There should be some max damage boost to it, or the percentage thing is kind of pointless. Deadpool has only two damage skills. One of them is low AP and high damage, and the other is high AP high damage. By nerfing his red indirectly via increased health for everyone, it takes away a lot of the power of his spike damage, leaving him with only one good skill. You should be comparing ALOTT with HT Fireball skill, which does about 4k damage for 8 (and then 6 going forward) AP. There is no reason Deadpool shouldn't also be able to do that much damage.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    notamutant wrote:
    By nerfing his red indirectly via increased health for everyone, it takes away a lot of the power of his spike damage, leaving him with only one good skill. You should be comparing ALOTT with HT Fireball skill, which does about 4k damage for 8 (and then 6 going forward) AP. There is no reason Deadpool shouldn't also be able to do that much damage.

But his red isn't being nerfed more than any other skill in the game. Not a single ability (except Punisher's retribution by it's nature) is getting a damage buff. His red is actually becoming more consistent because it'll be hitting for it's full value more often. Also, you can't directly compare DPs red to HTs since HTs red was supposed to be crazy powerful due to his formerly low health pool. Also, don't underestimate the difficulty involved in getting to the initial cost of 8 (3 matches) vs getting to 6 (2 matches). Torch is supposed to be a glass cannon whereas DP fulfills a damage and tanking for squishies role. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of both characters once this travesty of a patch goes live.