Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

Comments

• simonsez wrote:
    So what's the preferred solution to dealing with the goon attack tile spam, whether it be clearing, converting or laying protect tiles? This isn't a "how do I beat Survival" question, it's more like "How would I grind it without needing health packs after every pass?"

If they're of the hard classification I stun them first before killing them.

If they're of the normal classification I usually just bring Daken and try to tough it out, or if it's getting really annoying I put a Bird Strike instead of KYEC.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually bring 3* Captain America for the harder survival fights anyway, so blue protect tiles take care of them. If I didn't, and they're starting to pile up, Bird Strike.
  • Okay everyone, special request: my guildies keep saying they can't score well in this event because they "don't have cyclops". If anyone would like to prove otherwise, plz post your cyclops-less score and what "day/event" you're on, if you'd please icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Okay everyone, special request: my guildies keep saying they can't score well in this event because they "don't have cyclops". If anyone would like to prove otherwise, plz post your cyclops-less score and what "day/event" you're on, if you'd please icon_e_smile.gif
    Considering the 2 essential nodes in Avengers Tower are worth as much as the rest of the sub combined, I'd say they are correct
  • fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Okay everyone, special request: my guildies keep saying they can't score well in this event because they "don't have cyclops". If anyone would like to prove otherwise, plz post your cyclops-less score and what "day/event" you're on, if you'd please icon_e_smile.gif
    Considering the 2 essential nodes in Avengers Tower are worth as much as the rest of the sub combined, I'd say they are correct

Class: This is the OPPOSITE of what I asked. Let's try again, now.

Not having an essential character hasn't stopped me before. Especially in 4* events where the essential sometimes rotates, bad attitude to have.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    My favorite part of this game is when I work really hard to beat a tough node and then the game just takes the points away. Beat a node for 1000 points. Game shows the points added to my total. Beat another node for 200 points and those 1000 points are magically gone. Yay best magic trick ever
  • I think if there are 1 survival node of each classification (normal, hard, essential) then it's no different than normal provided you can do a significant number of stack on the hard survival node, though that's hardly guaranteed without having the right personnel (would need at least Captain America or Thor to be able to reliably grind them multiple times on Hard). I recall this event really lowball the difficulty on the essential survival nodes, so the gap may be bigger than normal as the hard survival stuff is actually quite hard while the essential survival stuff is still something two guys can comfortably beat.
  • raisinbman wrote:

I have been in a similar situation twice, once with Elektra/Daredevil as essentials and once with Star-Lord/Punisher. I did not have a Daredevil or a Punisher at the time so was locked out of half the essentials. That was still very doable and I managed top 10 in both events. But having two essential characters means I was only locked out of half or even one third of the essential nodes which was worth maybe 1/5th of the point total per clear.

However, in this pve there is only one essential character and the value of the essential nodes combined is like 1/3 to 1/2 of the total points per clear. So while sometimes it is possible to do well without having the essential, I highly doubt this is one of those events. I am afraid your guildies are right! icon_e_wink.gif
  • raisinbman wrote:

i missed the last pve and i don't have cyclops, my score right now ~38000 7th at my bracket. 3d 22hr left i played x-mansion one time just now.

i need only hood blue covers and didn't play seriously.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    As a general rule, you don't need the Essentials to place "well". However, placing "well" for many people on the Forum means Top10, which is where that negative attitude comes from. Placing "well" in this event should be seen as T150, since that will get you a blue Hood, one of the most sought out covers in the game. You don't need Cyclops for that, I'm sure.

I don't need any Hood covers, so I'm just playing for fun and clearing the board once. I'm #85 in my bracket. If someone cleared the board 2x, they would surely overcome any advantage that I have by playing the Essential nodes once.

EDIT: Just to be sure of my comment, I looked at the Rosters of player Ranked near me, and while most of them have Cyclops, some do not. You just need one instance to prove your point that Cyclops is not required to place well. I wouldn't expect T10, though. Some of those players have already maxed him out.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    So now that we've established that you don't need Cyclops, can I be jerk and brag about how much fun he is to play?

I've never enjoyed playing a 1/1/1 boosted character before, but with just one cover, all three of Cyclop's powers do what they are intended to do at max level. redflag.png clears tiles and shakes the board; yellowflag.png feeds redflag.png when you find yourself in desperate need of a damage ability; but most importantly, just adding 4 redtile.png tiles are usually enough to ensure that blackflag.png will one-shot Wolverine when he pops up in a late wave. All of this can happen at Lvl 1. I just can't get over how effective he is at what he does.
  • climax wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

i missed the last pve and i don't have cyclops, my score right now ~38000 7th at my bracket. 3d 22hr left i played x-mansion one time just now.

i need only hood blue covers and didn't play seriously.

THANK YOU SIR MADAM
    As a general rule, you don't need the Essentials to place "well". However, placing "well" for many people on the Forum means Top10, which is where that negative attitude comes from. Placing "well" in this event should be seen as T150, since that will get you a blue Hood, one of the most sought out covers in the game. You don't need Cyclops for that, I'm sure.

I don't need any Hood covers, so I'm just playing for fun and clearing the board once. I'm #85 in my bracket. If someone cleared the board 2x, they would surely overcome any advantage that I have by playing the Essential nodes once.

EDIT: Just to be sure of my comment, I looked at the Rosters of player Ranked near me, and while most of them have Cyclops, some do not. You just need one instance to prove your point that Cyclops is not required to place well. I wouldn't expect T10, though. Some of those players have already maxed him out.

THANK YOU SIR MADAM

----

I will now be presenting the evidence to my guild. Cyclops is merely an excuse, a red herring, a placebo in 'placing well'. Will you be able to get #1? Maybe not. But you can't just give up!!!!!

----
    So now that we've established that you don't need Cyclops, can I be jerk and brag about how much fun he is to play?

I've never enjoyed playing a 1/1/1 boosted character before, but with just one cover, all three of Cyclop's powers do what they are intended to do at max level. redflag.png clears tiles and shakes the board; yellowflag.png feeds redflag.png when you find yourself in desperate need of a damage ability; but most importantly, just adding 4 redtile.png tiles are usually enough to ensure that blackflag.png will one-shot Wolverine when he pops up in a late wave. All of this can happen at Lvl 1. I just can't get over how effective he is at what he does.

He's pretty good. I saw someone say he's 3-Star X-Force(not sure about that), but he's actually built similarly to 2*/3*Thor(who doesn't have any 'bad' versions): He has an ability which feeds another ability which will probably kill someone. Or he can just feed Steve Rogers. Either is cool with me.
  • i have bug with survival nodes, for example i finished black hole and got +2094 points. progression bar said total 44782 points but when i checked at main sub, my score 43122.

only me or everybody same?
  • I hate the Teisatsu so much. Their Attack Tiles they leave behind are such a pain. What do you guys do to deal with them?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I hate the Teisatsu so much. Their Attack Tiles they leave behind are such a pain. What do you guys do to deal with them?

Falcon beats survival nodes single-handedly.

----

ALSO did anyone else figure out how to share enemy of the state tokens with guildmates? Was that a fake?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    climax wrote:
    i have bug with survival nodes, for example i finished black hole and got +2094 points. progression bar said total 44782 points but when i checked at main sub, my score 43122.

only me or everybody same?

Go to the "Bugs" section of the forum. Many of us are having the same issue.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I hate the Teisatsu so much. Their Attack Tiles they leave behind are such a pain. What do you guys do to deal with them?

It's slower, but stunning and then downing them avoids the post death attack tiles. 3* Capt. America is great for this, but others will work too I'm sure.
  • So if they're stunned, they won't drop those Attack Tiles? Alright...

Making me wish I hadn't taken an extended break from the game and had higher leveled Falcon and Cap Rogers. icon_razz.gif
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    So if they're stunned, they won't drop those Attack Tiles? Alright...

Making me wish I hadn't taken an extended break from the game and had higher leveled Falcon and Cap Rogers. icon_razz.gif

They don't need to be high level(except for when facing kishus, maybe). Falcon + 2*/3* Cap(can sub in 2*Cap who works but doesn't dish out as much dmg) + OBW is my "don't take damage from goons" team. As I've gotten more covers for Blade, I sub blade in over OBW.

The thing about all these ninja-goons is they deal very small damage over lots of countdowns(exceptions of meteor hammer, strength in numbers) so even one protect tile(Luke Cage, Falcon) can mitigate alot of this damage.

On the same note, these goons get Hulk very blackflag.png-ed, so that's another option.
  • I did try using just Cap Rogers in the Cyclops-Required... whatever you call it with Waves. My 3* Cap is 4/5/3 and my Falcon is 2/3/2. Might try giving them and OBW a try sometime, just to see what it's like. I think the big thing for me is just that I've missed out on getting quite a few different new characters while I've been away from the game.

And I started out doing well with my Enemy of the State Tokens. Now I keep getting 2* covers I don't need. icon_e_sad.gif