Anyone in a deadly fight for Gammora

Options
2»

Comments

• polecat wrote:
    Nothing like this and then losing a fight with 3 minutes to go and ending up at 11 without the blue 4thor.

7ZqWYkr.png?1

This game is dumb af. I'll I needed was 30 points to make top 25. And then I lost 4 matches I'm the row because somehow the **** **** patches kept doing beserker and getting cascades. Wow the devs totally tinykitty me on purpose because I had not lost a match that whole 744 point climb. Gtfoh. Wow this is tinykitty tinykitty. Now I wanna spend money and buy covers for some reason. This game is so addictive but angering and disapointing ... I hate myself

The devs didn't screw you, you screwed your self cause of the way you play you have no strategy and your maxed 4*s are low health if you had some high health annoying toons maxed (hulk, lcapt, lthor ) you might intimidate some. Also if you are gonna shield hop have a plan first don't just use shields, shield for 3hrs and 8 if you are going to shield shield for a day before you get some sleep.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    none.png
    Teno1 wrote:

The devs didn't screw you, you screwed your self cause of the way you play you have no strategy and your maxed 4*s are low health if you had some high health annoying toons maxed (hulk, lcapt, lthor ) you might intimidate some. Also if you are gonna shield hop have a plan first don't just use shields, shield for 3hrs and 8 if you are going to shield shield for a day before you get some sleep.

So your saying they cheated me right? icon_cry.gif
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Look, I'm all for you wanting covers, but you need to realize that PvP is a competition. You will be on the short end of the stick sometimes. Some PvPs 700 will be enough for T25, while for others 700 won't. At the high end of PvP, T5 scores can vary from needing 1000 to 1300 and beyond. The score you need to get T25 is dependent on your slice and the competition.

P.S. If you're going to make a thread about a character, at least spell their name right. Gamora and Colossus are spelled incorrectly.
    CURRENTLY MAXED 3 STARS: STORM, THE HOOD, DEADPOOL
    WANTED 3 STARS: GAMMORA, CAPTAIN MARVEL, LAZY CAP, SHE HULK, COLLOSUS
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Baddkitty wrote:
    Don't waste so much HP ($) shielding. Don't play so much. Don't be so competitive. Don't WANT things so much.

You'll be happier like me icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Very much this. Also, losing points is not necessarily bad as it can give you juicy retaliation scores.
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dude, it's just a game, and a very good one for teaching you to delay gratification. I do feel for you, I'm sure most of us have been there, but personalising it all and blaming the Devs for targeting you specifically isn't going to raise your game skills (and trust me, you really aren't that important for the Devs to sit around and tinker with the servers to deliberately screw you over).

The reason why this PvP was a total bloodbath was the blue 4hor cover AND x-force was locked out. I normally hit top 50, often just below t25, which is frustrating as hell. I, like many thought, hey I need a blue 4hor, no x-force, let's go for it. What happened was I got spanked hard, tanked my MMR and re climbed back to around t50 and learned from the experience.

1. Even though I lost, it was fun, exciting, and got my adrenaline pumping.
    2. I wish x-force wasn't locked out, as defeating him is simple and easily repeatable strategy-wise.
    3. I've got over my fear of facing 270 4hor, I can defeat her with were I am at in the game...
    4. But not if the featured is boosted to 249
    5. I lost passively and actively to some really solid 166 combos that I'd never thought of before, and I'm looking forward to trying them out myself.
    6. I've never shield hopped before, I made many mistakes that I won't do again...
    7. without spending £$€ shield hop game isn't for me right now because (and this is the most important lesson)...
    8. I need to work on bringing up my 3* game and prioritise getting another 5-6 to level 166

Even though I 'lost' this PvP, I feel like I've won because I learned many things and feel like my game is better for it. I can let 'go' and enjoy the competitiveness secure in the knowledge that with t50 and daily pvp I can get around 10 3* covers a week for minimal coin, all the while stockpiling that much important ISO.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    if I have 700 pints I should not be struggling
    Seriously? I'm struggling after just 4 or 5 pints. Go sleep it off and stop drunk-posting.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This PVP was hell for me. I am not so used to using Patch, so I used his green too early a few times, and I lost at a much higher rate than usual as I climbed. I wanted that 4hor bad, and kept hitting and shielding over 750. I got to 960, and pushed to 1000, but was hit as I played, and came out at 977. I shielded and found a puss 23 point battle, so I unshielded and won, only to find those 23 were worth 20 (that is a super suck thing; I'm happy when a 48 point battle comes out a 51, but the reverse seems like injustice). I was at 995, I rushed in and bought a load of boosts. I managed it with two minutes left on the clock, and stayed unshielded, then someone hit me for 30+ points, but I didn't give a ****, I had my 4hor.

I'm coming off a cold, medicated, and had to attend a farewell party. I stepped out of the party to play, and by the end my body was weak and my hands were shaky. Stress, alcohol, medicine, and adrenalin. If I hadn't gotten the cover, it probably would have spoiled the night, but I got it, so I guess it's all alright. Deadly fight, for sure. I sold all my Gamorra covers.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    if I have 700 pints I should not be struggling
    Seriously? I'm struggling after just 4 or 5 pints. Go sleep it off and stop drunk-posting.

Lol dude in dying of laughter . alright guys I realize I'm not the only one who gets frustrated.
  • konannfriends
    Options
    Square wrote:
    This PVP was hell for me. I am not so used to using Patch, so I used his green too early a few times, and I lost at a much higher rate than usual as I climbed. I wanted that 4hor bad, and kept hitting and shielding over 750. I got to 960, and pushed to 1000, but was hit as I played, and came out at 977. I shielded and found a puss 23 point battle, so I unshielded and won, only to find those 23 were worth 20 (that is a super suck thing; I'm happy when a 48 point battle comes out a 51, but the reverse seems like injustice). I was at 995, I rushed in and bought a load of boosts. I managed it with two minutes left on the clock, and stayed unshielded, then someone hit me for 30+ points, but I didn't give a tinykitty, I had my 4hor.

I'm coming off a cold, medicated, and had to attend a farewell party. I stepped out of the party to play, and by the end my body was weak and my hands were shaky. Stress, alcohol, medicine, and adrenalin. If I hadn't gotten the cover, it probably would have spoiled the night, but I got it, so I guess it's all alright. Deadly fight, for sure. I sold all my Gamorra covers.

I can't wait til the day when I can say **** it, I got my 4hor cover