*** Storm (Mohawk) ***

Comments

• Mohawk should have been the gold version to 2 star.pngicon_storm.png . There is no doubt about it. Look at all the other gold characters, icon_captainamerica.pngicon_daken.png and icon_thor.png . All of them buffed the 2 star.png versions. You are right that when red shifted to yellow they seriously hurt her but she was wrong since the beginning as she just doesn't make sense that the current build is in the 3 star.png world.

When they initially announced her most were probably hoping for the icon_blackwidow.png treatment in that she would have three distinct versions, then we found out we were getting a lazy character. But they chose the wrong one to buff and add a star.png to.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    fsentell wrote:
    Mohawk should have been the gold version to 2 star.pngicon_storm.png . There is no doubt about it. Look at all the other gold characters, icon_captainamerica.pngicon_daken.png and icon_thor.png . All of them buffed the 2 star.png versions. You are right that when red shifted to yellow they seriously hurt her but she was wrong since the beginning as she just doesn't make sense that the current build is in the 3 star.png world.

When they initially announced her most were probably hoping for the icon_blackwidow.png treatment in that she would have three distinct versions, then we found out we were getting a lazy character. But they chose the wrong one to buff and add a star.png to.
    Do we realty wanna deal with thousands of damage and a 4 turn stun. If they Ai gets a nice blue drop for 11 ap yellowcrit.png
  • Locking this thread. Please continue this thread in viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6628 to keep things organized.
  • Maryclato wrote:
    would you play runescape if jagex, adds 1 or 2 more combat skills into game?it would happen with out warning and both skills would be 120.would you still play rs if jagex would do nofting?how you it would effect current combat system?how would it effect you?do you think it would make combat system better or even more worse??
    ? Not sure if this is the right thread, but they already did that way back in the day. Also, I think they added more magic types. Considering that the game itself wasn't too deep at the time, it was a good change for the overall health of the game.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Does this Storm's green ability not get a buff at max level? I don't see anything here and I'm not wanting to wade through all the pages to see if someone randomly posted it.
  • So the Mohawk from DDQ gave me max powercap level which is cool..granted its Mohawk. Might not be the best build either, but aside from that, I noticed that although at max powercap the max level I can go it 127? What am i missing?

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/u3USzYS.jpg?1
  • You can still get to 166, that button only gives you the max you can go if you were to buy the motherlode of ISO on top of what you have, so the most you can go with both is that level. It's a little weird, but if you had 200,000 ISO, that button would go all the way up to 166. It's supposed to be a convenience thing, but it is a little confusing.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    I don't think it does that on mobile, unless it was in an update. But yeah, I can see how that'd be confusing. It's for sure better for leveling up purposes as you don't have to sit there holding the button down as long.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    ynglink wrote:
    I don't think it does that on mobile, unless it was in an update. But yeah, I can see how that'd be confusing. It's for sure better for leveling up purposes as you don't have to sit there holding the button down as long.

It does that in mobile. It's all the same program across devices.
  • ynglink wrote:

Why they can't turn the button into one level at a time is beyond the scope of my thinking.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I think it takes u to the iso purchasing if u don't have enough. I wonder if that works to get people to buy iso.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    papa07 wrote:
    ynglink wrote:

Why they can't turn the button into one level at a time is beyond the scope of my thinking.

its all part of the of the pleasure trigger thing probably- probably research shows that even if we hate it we get a "happy response" when it reaches max.

Or we get tired and hit max it out and buy the iso icon_e_wink.gif
  • It does it on mobile. I've seen it fluctuate for different characters too. I was dissapointed to learn my 90k iso wouldnt max my XF, instead being 190k the next time I viewed it. Not sure what the deal with that button is.

1 level at a time isn't any better than the "level up" button, you just press for less time. I'd like a button array for 1 level, 5 levels, 10 levels, and max out with iso values listed. Might be cramped on a mobile screen but worth it in time savings.
  • It could be a scroll wheel like in poker stars when you wanna make a bet you get to decide how much you wanna put in... Itll be easier with the scroll wheel and letting you decide which level you wanna stop at. The max could be set by the maximum ISO you have. It's actually an easy concept that exists on mobile games already (ie Poker Stars)
  • Lerysh wrote:
    1 level at a time isn't any better than the "level up" button, you just press for less time. I'd like a button array for 1 level, 5 levels, 10 levels, and max out with iso values listed. Might be cramped on a mobile screen but worth it in time savings.

It is a long damn hold time to put in 2500 Iso for 1 level. 1 level at a time would be infinitely better than current
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    The AI seems to play Storm really, _really_ well.

I got the change to play her maxxed out in the "Women of Marvel" event. Paired her with:
    94* star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png OBW (buffed to 134 IIRC)
    104 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hood.png TheHood

Total gains overnight from fights... +84 points. icon_eek.gif

Really liking her against the 4-wave DPdaily as well... having black triggered twice results in close to 3k damage each turn... makes the event pretty easy.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    alaeth wrote:
    The AI seems to play Storm really, _really_ well.

I got the change to play her maxxed out in the "Women of Marvel" event. Paired her with:
    94* star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png OBW (buffed to 134 IIRC)
    104 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_hood.png TheHood

Total gains overnight from fights... +84 points. icon_eek.gif

Really liking her against the 4-wave DPdaily as well... having black triggered twice results in close to 3k damage each turn... makes the event pretty easy.

lol i used this same team with my maxed 94 icon_blackwidow.png and my maxed 166 icon_hood.png i won 14 then did a match and won 45 from defense. but only won 16 overnight
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can honestly say, I think one of the THE biggest holdbacks of her are her hitpoints. If they were more she wouldn't be as bad as she is.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, with auto-equipped team-ups making TUAP more valuable her yellow just got a pretty significant buff.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, with auto-equipped team-ups making TUAP more valuable her yellow just got a pretty significant buff.

agreed. Honestly, if they beefed up the damage on yellow, gave her 6800 hitpoints, she would be in a decent spot, I just wished they would have left green destroying 16 tiles