SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn it, just noticed that beezer was in my bracket. Guess I'm just going for green/black punisher covers + the progression rewards....
  • Bulldogged my way up to 1650 before the attacks started rolling in. Shielded for the night - feel free to attack until tomorrow when I push for 1800. YOU get a progression reward! YOU get a progression reward! YOU get a progression reward!
  • My MMR is **** so i cant get the progression points.
  • Damn it, just noticed that beezer was in my bracket. Guess I'm just going for green/black punisher covers + the progression rewards....

I got up to 1600 for the Black Hulk but then put in a tanking team.

All I need out of placement awards is a Black Punisher so I'm not going to (intentionally) take away green/red covers from those who need them.
  • Damn it, just noticed that beezer was in my bracket. Guess I'm just going for green/black punisher covers + the progression rewards....

I got up to 1600 for the Black Hulk but then put in a tanking team.

All I need out of placement awards is a Black Punisher so I'm not going to (intentionally) take away green/red covers from those who need them.

I appreciate that fully!

I also got up to 1600 and tossed in some sponges. Feel free to take advantage!
  • What teams are you guys using? Each battle is taking me forever and I never escape unscathed. This is really not a fun tournament. And because my MMR is shot and my bracket is slow, I can't get up to any progression rewards.
  • Wolf OBW and Hulk work just fine for me.
  • am i the only one in a bracket where the highest point is just 200? even its just one more day left icon_mrgreen.gif
    guess i will find it out soon enough whatever my bracket got anyone will hit 1400 hehe xD
  • top of my bracket is sitting at 700 currently. About the same as the double shot bracket I was in a few days ago.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn it, top of my bracket is sitting at 1200.... Does anyone here know how hard it is to reach 1800 with widow/wolvie?
  • jozier wrote:
    What teams are you guys using? Each battle is taking me forever and I never escape unscathed. This is really not a fun tournament. And because my MMR is shot and my bracket is slow, I can't get up to any progression rewards.

102 Hulk, 128 Spidey and I kept changing the third, started with 128 Punisher, switched to 80 Hood and then did a few with max Mags.

I have the same problem with my mmr right now but I knew I was going to be watching football all day so I had decided early to power through to 1600.
  • Does tanking while shielded affect MMR?
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Does tanking while shielded affect MMR?

I don't think we've heard anything officially? I could make arguments for and against it, but as of now it would be kind of hard to test. Unless you're in mmr hell you probably have at least some variability in the opponents you're seeing.
  • top of my bracket is sitting at 700 currently. About the same as the double shot bracket I was in a few days ago.

I envy you. No chance for me to get the bag lady in my bracket. Although my bracket is quite easy also - top3 is reserved by 1800 and two 1600'ers. I'm sitting comfortably shielded at 1100. And the rest? Fifth guy is at 750 and everybody else in 600 or below. Looks like I'm going to pull some Punisher covers after all... but not before I push for the red Hulk and *hopefully* also the black cover at 1600.
  • Ariakos wrote:
    top of my bracket is sitting at 700 currently. About the same as the double shot bracket I was in a few days ago.

I envy you. No chance for me to get the bag lady in my bracket. Although my bracket is quite easy also - top3 is reserved by 1800 and two 1600'ers. I'm sitting comfortably shielded at 1100. And the rest? Fifth guy is at 750 and everybody else in 600 or below. Looks like I'm going to pull some Punisher covers after all... but not before I push for the red Hulk and *hopefully* also the black cover at 1600.

I feel like every bracket is at either extreme: So low that they can't get decent progression rewards, or a lot of people go nuts and score 1500+. I had the latter case in Double Shot, but I have the former case now in SMASH, which may be caused by the massive chunks of hit points I have to finish off with every battle. I thought I would never say this ever, but I actually prefer No Holds Barred.
  • Oversoul wrote:
    Ariakos wrote:
    top of my bracket is sitting at 700 currently. About the same as the double shot bracket I was in a few days ago.

I feel like every bracket is at either extreme: So low that they can't get decent progression rewards, or a lot of people go nuts and score 1500+. I had the latter case in Double Shot, but I have the former case now in SMASH, which may be caused by the massive chunks of hit points I have to finish off with every battle. I thought I would never say this ever, but I actually prefer No Holds Barred.

Your bracket has nothing to do with obtaining progression rewards. The opponents that you fight are based solely off your MMR.
  • I'll be happy when this is over. Buffed Hulk is not something I want to run into day in and day out.
  • jozier wrote:
    What teams are you guys using? Each battle is taking me forever and I never escape unscathed. This is really not a fun tournament. And because my MMR is shot and my bracket is slow, I can't get up to any progression rewards.

I've been using Wolverine lv85, Thor lv85, and Hulk lv67. Got over 1600 for hulk's black cover, and will make a run at bag lady when my shield expires.

I go after non hulk characters first, then when I get to hulk pile up APs without triggering anger green generation (resisted urge to feral claw for a few turns), then unload everything at once.

Note: failure to kill him in one turn results in an enraged hulk taking a good chunk of damage out of your team, so make sure when you unload you finish the job.

When non hulk characters are weaker, better to target hulk first, again just pile up APs before unloading arsenal.
  • Saw some of you in my mmr. Swapped bagman in and shielded at 1200 till end of tourney. Feel free to farm me ingame name is n1ght.
  • My mmr is too hard, some guy name dtravis keeps hitting me faster than I can kill people. Don't understand how he can keep target the same people faster than I can kill someone. I went up to 1100 but now at 966.