Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

Comments

• Didn't realize the node in the main sub was going to disappear after the first sub ended, could've gotten more points out of it.
    Really? Thanks for warning the rest of us, at least.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    How do you beat the last sub in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Base with a two-star roster? I can't get anything going before Smoke Bomb nulls match damage and Wolverine hits Adamantium Slash every other turn. Or Caltrops litter the board and do team damage because that's fun to fight icon_rolleyes.gif

I wiped twice using OBW/Thor/Ms. Marvel (using her because her black is excellent and her yellow can shake the board well) and the scaling decided to jump ten levels. Because if I can't beat it obviously it's way too easy for me.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do you beat the last sub in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Base with a two-star roster? I can't get anything going before Smoke Bomb nulls match damage and Wolverine hits Adamantium Slash every other turn. Or Caltrops litter the board and do team damage because that's fun to fight icon_rolleyes.gif

I wiped twice using OBW/Thor/Ms. Marvel (using her because her black is excellent and her yellow can shake the board well) and the scaling decided to jump ten levels. Because if I can't beat it obviously it's way too easy for me.

I used OBW/Ares/Ms Marvel (mine is 4/5/4 specifically to deal with protect tiles) and it worked. Ares yellow or green kills Wolverine ASAP (being careful to make sure you kill him if you try to use green, obviously) and Ms Marvel's red counters smoke bombs. I also had Storm TU's for board shake, but I don't recall if they were necessary or not. Scaling never kicked in so bad for me that Wolverine could one-shot anybody, which was nice. Like anything else, sometimes it just depends on what board you get or where random countdown tiles fall.

Good luck.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I've used 3/5/5 2* Captain America, 2* Human Torch (5/5/3, I think), and 3/5/5 OBW. The first two are boosted; Cap's red and blue can overwrite the smoke bombs are OBW can make it hard for them to get anything else off. Also handy to stun Wolvie as soon as he shows up. Target the Kishu first, then Konban (if present), then Shinobi, then Teitatsu. That seems to have worked for me in both the SHIELD base and Avengers Tower (I'm in slice 1).
  • I struggle to decide which is dumber. Caltrops or wolverine showing up and parting your hair with adamantium slash.

Dont get me wrong 140 ragnarok, 145 pink falcon and 166 storm or tricked out cyclops does the trick..

BUt.. per normal anyone without a deep roster gets screwed. Im in for the cyclops cover and the iso. Lord knows the gold tokens are useless and my hood is covered.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor

If you can burst down or stun the Kishu, that was the key to the node for me. You have two goons feeding one red AP each to Wolverine, which is why he keeps on hitting Adamantium Slash all the time. If the Kishu is stunned (or downed, obviously), it negates the Smoke Bombs, and it doubles the time Wolverine needs to hit Adamantium Slash. It also deals with those stupid caltrops.
  • For the opening node "Something's Wrong", will this be locked out once SHEILD Base expires or can we continue to hit this node for points throughout the whole event?
    Not sure if I need to grind it down to 1 pt in the next couple of hours or not...
  • Fineberg wrote:
    For the opening node "Something's Wrong", will this be locked out once SHEILD Base expires or can we continue to hit this node for points throughout the whole event?
    Not sure if I need to grind it down to 1 pt in the next couple of hours or not...

It goes away after the SHIELD base expires, probably because by the next sub Wolverine is definitely not on your side so it wouldn't make much sense.
  • For all the Wolverine (and later Gorgon) + 2 Hand Ninjas you have to burn down the villian first because you're just not going to outlast a guy getting a free Adamantium Slash or Debiliating Slash every 4-5 turns no matter who you have. If you can stun the villian it makes things way easier but it's still just a mad dash to get your most powerful attacks in before you get overwhelmed. Even if a Kishus puts up 1K worth of protect tiles you can still use moves that hit hard enough to punch through it rather than trying to down the Kishu first, and if you have no moves that can hit through that kind of protect tiles you probably weren't going to win in the first place because it'd take way too long.
  • How do you beat the last sub in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Base with a two-star roster? I can't get anything going before Smoke Bomb nulls match damage and Wolverine hits Adamantium Slash every other turn. Or Caltrops litter the board and do team damage because that's fun to fight icon_rolleyes.gif

MagStorm. MagStorm + Speedshot
  • Problem with the score of the Wave:

in the wave with the essential character, if you win, you get less points than those indicated .. I've played it two times and it gave me only 1000 points instead of 2500 indicated...

Can you check please?????
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    The first node was 36 hours, the second one is much shorter? Is this because of the patch or was it planned to be shorter?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Believe they are all 24 hours after that initial one at 36.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    So what's the preferred solution to dealing with the goon attack tile spam, whether it be clearing, converting or laying protect tiles? This isn't a "how do I beat Survival" question, it's more like "How would I grind it without needing health packs after every pass?"
  • simonsez wrote:
    So what's the preferred solution to dealing with the goon attack tile spam, whether it be clearing, converting or laying protect tiles? This isn't a "how do I beat Survival" question, it's more like "How would I grind it without needing health packs after every pass?"

i end up using 14-16 different guys for each pass and i do one clear about every 4 hours during the day(between 7am and 3pm), then one clear of the new sub when it opens at 6pm. should be good for top 50 which is my goal. without using health packs, i think the only alternative is using more dudes if you want to really really grind for a top 10 or better.
  • simonsez wrote:

For me it's straight up Cap.
    Stun the goon a turn before you kill him to prevent the attack tiles from being generated.
    Overwrite them with Red and Blue.
    Lay down Sentinel of Liberty shields for the long run.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Problem with the score of the Wave:

in the wave with the essential character, if you win, you get less points than those indicated .. I've played it two times and it gave me only 1000 points instead of 2500 indicated...

Can you check please?????

For survival nodes, you get points as you complete each wave, so the final only shows the points for the last wave.
  • Anyone else having issues getting the full points in survival nodes getting added to their main total?

This happened the last time this set came around - why is it not fixed?
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Speaking of bugged issues from last time - does anybody else in slice 1 know whether the Black Hole node in the X-Mansion still has the infinite bug?
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Black Hole completed normally for me this morning.