"Hulk is strongest there is."... but just not on MPQ buddy

Options
Ok, lets be honest. Marvel Puzzle Quest's version of Hulk is decent, but not great. Understandably so for balancing. However, if we were to look across the various iterations of the Hulk, I would say that he deserves a 4 star version in MPQ.

Here are some possible candidates for a 4 star Hulk

I. World Breaker Hulk (slightly more powerful than world war hulk, although the stories are nearly identical)
II. World War Hulk
III. Savage Hulk
IV. Green Scar
V. Hulk Squared

Comments

• Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Probably belongs on the Hulk thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1484
  • Trisul wrote:
    Probably belongs on the Hulk thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1484

Thanks Trisul. That Hulk thread is about the current rendition of the Hulk. While mine touches on that subject, this post is more geared towards suggesting possible candidates for a 4 star Hulk. Or at least to make an argument to be considered.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For the record, would love to see alternate Hulk versions.
  • Trisul wrote:
    For the record, would love to see alternate Hulk versions.
    Same here. I think that World Breaker Hulk would fit amazingly in MPQ. Do you remember when he knocked the entire eastern seaboard into the ocean? I can see him having a move in MPQ where he destroys half or more of the tiles on the board dealing an insane amount of damage.
  • I've used hulk hundreds, maybe thousands of times to bring down the strongest characters in the game.
  • I saw another game where a featured character has additional stats, abilities, and stars for being featured. So for example Hulk would be a 3* but in Smash Hit he could be a 5* with crazy abilities, and that seems like a pretty good way to let people play powerful characters without worrying about balance since those characters are only available during specific events.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    I've used hulk hundreds, maybe thousands of times to bring down the strongest characters in the game.

But I don't see Hulk doing the damage by himself. I see him anger farting the enemy team care of your strike tiles. Hitting Hulk should generate strike tiles. If you hit Hulk, he gets stronger. He hits harder. How is that *not* a strike tile?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk is a simple fix. Tweak his red so it's useful and doesnt' burn up your green AP. Green is probably okay but I think it needs to do a bit more, I mean come on he's the freaking Hulk, but honestly, if you fix his red to be actually good for 14 red then he becomes a solid character.
  • Being a 125 day player, fairly new...I never understood why MPQ only had him as a 3*, and not one of the top tier 3* at that.

Isn't Hulk pretty much one of the end all be all Marvel Heros?
  • Switchman wrote:
    Being a 125 day player, fairly new...I never understood why MPQ only had him as a 3*, and not one of the top tier 3* at that.

Isn't Hulk pretty much one of the end all be all Marvel Heros?

Hulk used to be top 10 or close to it and he was one of the 3 guys I maxed out first (along with BP and LDaken). I found that they worked really well together and his anger has saved me countless times. With Daken's strike tiles and anger hitting I would take 80 damage but the enemy team would take 300 damage and sometimes the cascade would kill the target character... But then Xforce got nerfed and he no longer was a scarecrow but now he is a target. I actively look for Hulk now because of surgical strike just wiping him out and feeding Xforce. Basically, yes he needs a fix. I could count on my one hand how many times I used smash and that is only when there's no green on the board and when I have next to no green. It's a pathetic skill that hurts your team more than it helps it. If anything it should do more damage the more green that's on the board like Moonstones red.