** Hawkeye (Modern) ** [PRE 2014-09]

Comments

• He avoided it but someone else on his team took his share too... working as intended I suppose icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yeah, I have experienced this too with StormC's blue ability. He just seems to avoid all damage when there are enough purple tiles out. The only work around for it is before you use an ability count the purple tiles available and compare it to his skill count. If its under then he is down pretty quickly otherwise try to make a purple match to lower the count and then kill.
  • Stunning him also nullifies the effect.
  • The only thing Hawkeye can't avoid is stun, so if you've him targetted with Wind Storm is will hit him (because he gets stunned), but if you target someone else he'll avoid Wind Storm. However another victim takes the damage Hawkeye avoided so it's really not a huge deal.
  • even modern haweye avoid the aoe damage... one of his teammate will receive the damage avoided by haweye... so it still a win win if the 1 receiving it is their ace hehe icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • DX_das wrote:
    even modern haweye avoid the aoe damage... one of his teammate will receive the damage avoided by haweye... so it still a win win if the 1 receiving it is their ace hehe icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

I had that happen a lot last Hulk event, it'd be like you see one of those level 200 guys get off a Flamethrower, and you tell yourself it's okay Wolverine can take one Flamethrower, and then Hawkeye avoided Flamethrower so Wolverine died.
  • Phantron wrote:
    DX_das wrote:
    even modern haweye avoid the aoe damage... one of his teammate will receive the damage avoided by haweye... so it still a win win if the 1 receiving it is their ace hehe icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

I had that happen a lot last Hulk event, it'd be like you see one of those level 200 guys get off a Flamethrower, and you tell yourself it's okay Wolverine can take one Flamethrower, and then Hawkeye avoided Flamethrower so Wolverine died.

And this, boys and girls, is why M Hawkeye is horrible.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The only thing Hawkeye can't avoid is stun, so if you've him targetted with Wind Storm is will hit him (because he gets stunned), but if you target someone else he'll avoid Wind Storm. However another victim takes the damage Hawkeye avoided so it's really not a huge deal.

Well, there must have been an update that I wasn't aware of. Because when I unleash Wind Storm on him as the active he moves to the back to avoid the damage and then the new front runner is the one who gets stunned. I'll see if I can find someone who actually uses him and test this again. Someone should be using him right? icon_lol.gif
  • Now seems like a good time to pour your iso into modern hawkeye with the hunt and balances to him.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Now seems like a good time to pour your iso into modern hawkeye with the hunt and balances to him.

He is really good in The Hunt.

Serious question though, is he actually going to be buffed or nerfed during rebalancing? His damage is already insane, and I really don't expect them to improve his utility without decreasing it. My expectation is that they revamp the countdowns to be more practical and nerf his damage output, or give a bigger incentive to max Avoid. It's unclear how this will affect the character.
  • One positive thing I can say about Avoid is that it seems to avoid AOE spells. For example if Wind Storm is used, Hawkeye will completely dodge it (under conditions) and no one else takes double damage.

Actually, someone else takes double damage. At least a few weeks ago it was like that. Don't know if that's been changed since I tried..
  • I quite enjoy Modern Hawkeye, and i find him a good match with Wolverine. My plan is to gather 10 red(or 20 if some lucky cascade), then start using Wolverine's green to add 2 strike tiles for every 3 green i have. After that i will match any bad red myself, then shoot Hawk's Explosive Shot.

It will do some nice AoE damage, because of strike tiles improving it. Also the dodge is very good with Wolverine, because of his sustain.

There is a recent post on announcements ,saying that there will be some changes to Hawk. Pretty much everyone assumes it will be a buff, and that could possibly be allowing Hawkeye to place his tiles where he desires.

I have an idea to improve his purple, i wonder if is any good.

Perhaps at rank 3 purple you will be alowed to place his red tile on any red you desire, same for blue (everyone haves 3 purple at least).
    Then at rank 4 purple he would dodge even stuns,
    Then at rank 5 he could be alowed to place any of his tiles on any basic color tile, no enviromental or modified color tile (like captain america with his early ranks of red and blue).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have an idea to improve his purple, i wonder if is any good.

Perhaps at rank 3 purple you will be alowed to place his red tile on any red you desire, same for blue (everyone haves 3 purple at least).
    Then at rank 4 purple he would dodge even stuns,
    Then at rank 5 he could be alowed to place any of his tiles on any basic color tile, no enviromental or modified color tile (like captain america with his early ranks of red and blue).
    Adding changes to red/blue powers based on the level of the purple power would be slightly odd. And in this case, it would make running anything but 5 purple a huge mistake.
  • I would prefer his ap cost to be lower in exchange for lower damage. It takes too long to earn, then you have countdown tiles on top of that.
  • I really like the idea of tying his purple to the utility of his other two abilities, so you can choose either more utility or more damage. I don't think we'll see it, though, because it's not a very intuitive template.
  • I'd think the only thing I'd like changing on Hawkeye is having the ability to place where I put the Red and Blue countdown tiles when I use those powers. It makes no sense for the most accurate archer in the world to place random tiles. He should be allowed to pick where they go. As they already do decent damage for a decent amount of AP, it would instantly make him a much more usable character. I'm certainly considering putting a decent amount of ISO into him now during The Hunt, and hoping for a good buff when they get around to him.
  • I would just like to say that Modern Hawkeye is such an incredible marksman that he's able to land tiles in the center two columns in all these story fights against Ragnarok. Not only that, but in the events where we fight Juggernaut, he predicts where Juggernaut will crash and fires there preemptively. If you're ever wondering where you can spend 10 AP without influencing the course of the battle in the slightest, he's your man.
  • I would just like to say that Modern Hawkeye is such an incredible marksman that he's able to land tiles in the center two columns in all these story fights against Ragnarok. Not only that, but in the events where we fight Juggernaut, he predicts where Juggernaut will crash and fires there preemptively. If you're ever wondering where you can spend 10 AP without influencing the course of the battle in the slightest, he's your man.
    lol Thank you for the good laugh. Completely agree. He was a requirement in a match and after my Wolvie was out of the fight because of an unreal cascade that kept going for half a minute, I was forced to spend red to his ability. Both times I used it the tiles were matched in the opponent's first turn. Since in my current roster I don't yet have a high health character at high level he's not even worth leveling. Even if I had though a 70 level Hulk I wouldn't spend any ISO on him. The AI seems to do well with him though. It manages to place his tiles in the corners or where I can't match them.
  • This Avoid ability makes me avoid using Modern Hawkeye. He is getting the other team members killed because of the double damage from team nukes and his damaging abilities are with countdown tiles. Good luck on winning. It looks good at max level. I'd go with 5/5/3 if I don't sell him soon. Currently I have 2/-/1 and it sucks. 4 turn countdown and Avoid.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    KevinMark wrote:
    This Avoid ability makes me avoid using Modern Hawkeye. He is getting the other team members killed because of the double damage from team nukes and his damaging abilities are with countdown tiles. Good luck on winning. It looks good at max level. I'd go with 5/5/3 if I don't sell him soon. Currently I have 2/-/1 and it sucks. 4 turn countdown and Avoid.
    Keep in mind he's in the balance queue, so he'll likely change for the better.
    -- I loved fighting modern hawkeyes in the rage and ruin tourney with Ares' aoe.
This discussion has been closed.