Comments

• ironpastor
    ironpastor Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    How is the slice 3 at this moment? Thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    ironpastor wrote:
    How is the slice 3 at this moment? Thank you icon_e_smile.gif

415 people in it. had 4 people in at at 8am est so that is how fast its filling

i remember why i hate this event. i lose wolv. until the end. Top 150 good enough for me

also on the team modes if you lose you counter goes to 8 hours so if you lose your on the first rtry your going to lose points and the harder it gets the more pts your going to losee
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jumped into this event last night since I'm only playing for progression.

I had forgotten how annoying the "Turn to Smoke" passive is. It takes forever to resolve and it's still bugged (if you destroy tiles to kill the goon, chances are one of the destroyed tiles will be picked to be an attack tile and reappear after it's destroyed).
  • D3 has achieved the impossible... Actually rewarding hood blue! Only problem is that deadpool daily missions aren't here yet
  • So happy. My Hood is 5/2/5 so the more blue the merrier. Not a top-100 alliance, though, so I'll settle for one more. Maybe there'll be a Hood reward in PVP soon, too?
  • ITT: Ubers complaining that the event offers them nothing because they already have two fully-covered Hood toons.

As a new-ish player with six Hood covers and zero blue -- thanks, devs. bluetile.pngbluetile.png
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    BTW is there any way to check a guildie's contribution to subevents? I know with different time slots some folks may be playing at different times...trying to figure out how to gauge this. I know you can check for overall event, but once a subevent is gone you can't check that.

Also what are the most important things you would tell someone about PVE because the PVE guide is outdated in the events forum?
  • Am excited for this. Missed most of the first run of this event due to Christmas vacation. However, it sucks that Cyclops will probably be the essential -> more locked out nodes for me.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Jumped into this event last night since I'm only playing for progression.

I had forgotten how annoying the "Turn to Smoke" passive is. It takes forever to resolve and it's still bugged (if you destroy tiles to kill the goon, chances are one of the destroyed tiles will be picked to be an attack tile and reappear after it's destroyed).

Turn to smoke is annoying, but it doesn't get used if you stun before you kill.
  • xandro
    xandro Posts: 17
    Now I remember why I hated the ninjas the last time this was done up....Caltrop traps are the worst! It's almost as bad as that move that Storm does when you deliver a mammoth shot and she takes a big hit out of you in the process, i forget the name of it.

Good luck to all of you on it, I'm currently #134 after my second run-through. Got everything right except the last one (Nowhere To Run) couldn't nab it this time around plus I'm out of health packs. I'm gonna just wait for the points recharge in a few more hours.

My plan is to just hit em' up for a go-around on each recharge and then on the last one, try to grind every mission down to single digit points to try and have a good final placement.

i'm a fairly-new player, been playing since December.....I have two maxed out 2-stars (Marvel Now Thor & Modern Hawkeye) and one maxed out 1-star (Iron Man 35). I have an X-Force Wolverine but just one card for it, those things are hard to come by, at least for now.
  • I'm not complaining but man there are so many grocket powered up events lately. He's my current best three star so I'm happy, it basically gives me a free pass to another cover for my favorite character, but it's still curious. Why is grocket powered up so much lately
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know an estimate of what total points for this will be?

Going to play it only for the Cyclops progression, want to know if I can wait until the weekend to join or if I need to start picking up points earlier.
  • Anyone know an estimate of what total points for this will be?

Going to play it only for the Cyclops progression, want to know if I can wait until the weekend to join or if I need to start picking up points earlier.
    I think you should play now. If only for trying to get survival missions rewards which give you an enemy of the state token if you beat the last ones. Which could mean free cyclops covers. It's really the only reason I'm trying so hard on top of the cyclops progression reward
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I hate knowing that since I was unable to get Cyke in the initial event, I'm basically screwed for this one. Those special character nodes make or break this for us relatively new guys.
  • I hate knowing that since I was unable to get Cyke in the initial event, I'm basically screwed for this one. Those special character nodes make or break this for us relatively new guys.

you can get top progression without essentials. they dont make it that hard to get there. if you can do three clears a day, whether you space every eight hours or do three clears at one sitting, you will get there with time to spare and have the essential for the last day or two. you might not be able to get a top 150, but dont give up. these progression covers are the most sure fire 3* covers you can get, the only real hassle is buying the roster slots.
  • Anyone know an estimate of what total points for this will be?

For those that don't remember, the survival essentials reached literal THOUSANDS of points(I remember seeing one for 4k at least) later on in the event. I didn't have Elektra then, but I'm sure glad to have Cyclops now.

Honestly, if you can do essentials/survival nodes, I wouldn't worry at ALL about progression.
    I hate knowing that since I was unable to get Cyke in the initial event, I'm basically screwed for this one. Those special character nodes make or break this for us relatively new guys.

Not necessarily. Sure, Essentials are the EASY way to succeed, but not the only way. Then again the survival essentials are nuts, so....

Also, they give out quite a few event tokens during this. I wouldn't give up just yet, you never know(Just pulled X-Force black from my event token)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm remembering right, the survival essential node in the final sub topped 6000 points. They may have scaled it back for this run, but if they didn't that progression reward will be obliterated no matter how long the refresh times are.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    For the wave nodes that are a one shot deal, better to wait for as long as possible to max out the points or does that hinder you by blocking off nodes you could be running multiple times?
  • For the wave nodes that are a one shot deal, better to wait for as long as possible to max out the points or does that hinder you by blocking off nodes you could be running multiple times?

You can play them multiple times for the points, but the green check means no more rewards.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the wave nodes that are a one shot deal, better to wait for as long as possible to max out the points or does that hinder you by blocking off nodes you could be running multiple times?
    They are one-shot for rewards, not for points. You'll play them again and again, and get 20 iso for your efforts.