Double Shot

123457»

Comments

• Nothing like wasting a shield for the last 3 hours of the tournament, only 1 new person in the top 10 list and only being hit once by other players. lol
  • Polkio wrote:
    Something weird just happened. I just started and got attacked by AlexForquet - he had 894 points!!!
    I lost 0 points and retaliate for 50 points. And then he retaliate and I can do my job one more time and gain 50 points again.
    Why do people do such strange things?
    Not that weird actually. Ppl are auto-assigned for tourney brackets and I think you've seen this too - remember the ppl with 0 score available to attack? You can't have less than 0 score so they lose nothing - he just attacked you a lot earlier and then he progressed to 894. And 50 is the maximum score you can get for a win - rare buy yummy icon_e_wink.gif
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Nothing like wasting a shield for the last 3 hours of the tournament, only 1 new person in the top 10 list and only being hit once by other players. lol
    Same here, but better safe than sorry
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Would a went for first if it wasn't for this crazy mother goose
    2k5E2tZ.jpg

Ain't got time for that
  • I comfortably finished first. Only used one eight hour shield. Not sure whether to add a 4th green to my Sue Storm.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone made a run for 5th place that I was holding at the last minute, I had to break out of my shield and win another game to surpass him. Luckily I wasn't attacked, and now I'm the owner of a 3/4/2 spidy! My bracket was pretty competitive... jozier, how many points did you have at first? My bracket leader was at 2.2k points.
  • Just over 1400. I joined the tournament late deliberately. Only one other person ever went over 1400 in my bracket.
  • NorthernPolarity
    jozier wrote:
    Just over 1400. I joined the tournament late deliberately. Only one other person ever went over 1400 in my bracket.

How late did you join? I think I joined it with 1.5 days remaining, but I guess that was still too early.
  • jozier wrote:
    Just over 1400. I joined the tournament late deliberately. Only one other person ever went over 1400 in my bracket.

How late did you join? I think I joined it with 1.5 days remaining, but I guess that was still too early.

Can't remember to be honest. Probably not that late actually. I think about 9-10 hours in.
  • NorthernPolarity
    jozier wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Can't remember to be honest. Probably not that late actually. I think about 9-10 hours in.

That seems pretty early... I think I'll try joining early, but on an off hour this time around.
  • Was aiming for top 15 so I gave myself more of a cushion than last time. Ended up getting top 5 with 1004. My Spidey is now 3/1/5 with an extra yellow sitting on the cache.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Would a went for first if it wasn't for this crazy mother goose
    2k5E2tZ.jpg

Ain't got time for that
    WTH? icon_e_confused.gif OMG! icon_e_surprised.gif ****? icon_eek.gif
  • Placed first the first time. Second the second time. I could have had first again, but I just didn't want to break shield and get into a war with the other guy. I just wanted my Spideys.
  • Wow, that leader board. I waited to join until the end and was able to take 3rd with 1105 points.

Got my final cover of Spidey now. Never thought I'd see the day.
  • Got top 5 in both like a boss to bring my 0/2/1 Spidy to 2/4/3 and then right after the event ended, someone naped Herpy Derpy on Facebook gifted me a standard token and I pulled another yellow Spiderman so he's now 3/4/3. In addition to the Blue Iron Man 40 and red wolverine X-force, can't remember the last time I got this many new covers in a day.
  • This was probably the most boring tournament this far. You should have fixed the AI (or IM40) first.

As probably everyone noticed the AI is obsessed with using recharge if IM40 is present, and goes for that without any tactical or strategic thinking. I saw one big IM that had only the other two abilities -- guess the smart owner came to the same idea as me, to build it for 5/5/0 (if there's excess space for ballast), that way he might be even useful as defender.

I was pretty much surprised how many people have him at high levels -- earlier I sold off one cover and now recruited the two standing ones only because this tourney came, and I happen to have free slot. As all the abilities look pretty bad compared to ** characters', and even the * Im35 looks better.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    This was probably the most boring tournament this far. You should have fixed the AI (or IM40) first.

As probably everyone noticed the AI is obsessed with using recharge if IM40 is present, and goes for that without any tactical or strategic thinking. I saw one big IM that had only the other two abilities -- guess the smart owner came to the same idea as me, to build it for 5/5/0 (if there's excess space for ballast), that way he might be even useful as defender.

I was pretty much surprised how many people have him at high levels -- earlier I sold off one cover and now recruited the two standing ones only because this tourney came, and I happen to have free slot. As all the abilities look pretty bad compared to ** characters', and even the * Im35 looks better.

He's been given out as prizes often, plus he has been buffed for events quite often as well. He's a useful investment for getting other *** characters.