*** Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) ***

Comments

• Oh. That's....garbage. I mean for 10 red it couldn't even be targeted?

I'll wait for the lvl 5s to be released because maybe these abilities suddenly become good, but so far this looks pretty bad.

The black gives Beast a run for his money.
  • inEden
    inEden Posts: 41
    edited February 2015
    I agree. As it is, no one should be getting excited about his black.

Cyclops is my favourite character but apart from his yellow, his abilities aren't that great. Black is unusable. A single target damage match-5 ability with conditions. The damage looks awesome for a 3* and even the self stun and red ap on board requirements I can live with. But the 13AP is nuts.

The only upside is that against a lot of teams now, you need to be chasing/denying black and once you have the ap for it, it is a pretty good ability. But then you can just bring BP along.

I really want to use him but I am not a big user of red so I can't even use him as a red accelerator. I don't have 4hor. I can see Cykes and Patch being pretty devastating though. They can be fairly quick against characters without monster HP. One cast of cyclops' Yellow for TBTI and then one cast of Berserker and TBTI should end the game in the same round or next round.

But then one of my quickest teams is Patch and Daken and Berserker plus Daken's 5 Blue is much faster than the patch/cyclops combo. And because they have true healing I'm not worried about casting Berserker's rage if I can end the match in the next 2 rounds.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2015
    This is the first character that can create red tiles without using red AP (well, I think Pun's black used to do this, but not any longer). Yellow looks like an amazing ability.

He seems to be a better version of Iron Man 40. Yellow generates red and one of his moves stuns himself. Should be great with Patch 3/5/5. Patch+Cyclops+Doom has actives in every color and good synergy -- Doom's blue into Cyclops's black, Cyclops's yellow and black into Patch's red.
  • inEden
    edited February 2015
    He kinda synergises with Patch but like I mentioned in my previous post there are better Patch combinations out there.

Is there any game ending red abilities in the 3* range?

Thor's yellow can lead to his game ending green. Doom can generate black that leads to the game ending ROTP. Hulk generates green. Even in 2* land you have Mags feeding Storm blue for her AOE.

I can't think of a red ability that Cyclops can really work with and be dangerous.

Maybe with DP he can be decent. With cyke accelerating DP's red he can really do big damage very quickly and be a deterrent on defense as you'll be reaching for a health pack against them. But unless the loaner has good cheapish abilities and is actually levelled you won't actually be able to kill anyone.

I am hoping someone will prove me wrong. I want to use Cyclops!
  • This is the first character that can create red tiles without using red AP (well, I think Pun's black used to do this, but not any longer). Yellow looks like an amazing ability.

He seems to be a better version of Iron Man 40. Yellow generates red and one of his moves stuns himself. Should be great with Patch 3/5/5.
    He tanks red, yellow and black if you pair him with patch. That's just about the worst combination possible.

His yellow has two uses. One, he can make sure that blade green activates. Two, he can be used in the mystique/mags combo to fuel mags red for ap production and eliminate TU tiles that get in the way mid combo.

I can't think of any other use for him. For 13 ap black should be a straight up game winning move. It needs to do something like deal AoE damage on 5 covers or stun the entire enemy team for more than 1 turn.
  • I wish D3 stop making these characters that can accidentally go into an infinite combo because it's apparently very hard to figure out if color A generates color B and color B generates color A you got a problem there. Other than some kind of possible infinite combo trick I don't see much point to this character. The abilities look solid in a world without X Force except that's not the correct world. Or is the point of this character that you can have even more broken stuff? When can we get a green ability that generates yellow so that character can infinite with Thor (3*)? Why keep on make characters with decent 4/5 match moves and pretend you don't have a guy that can take out half of the guys with a 3 match move?
  • ark123 wrote:
    I can't think of any other use for him.
    inEden wrote:
    I can't think of a red ability that Cyclops can really work with and be dangerous.
    Yellow generating red for 4* Thor is quite useful, if you have her. Charged tiles will generate yellow AP faster, leading to more red, which will lead to even faster Smites. It will likely be possible to generate enough charged tiles to kill the other team with just Cyclops' yellow and Thor's red, without even using her blue.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    john1620b wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    I can't think of any other use for him.
    inEden wrote:
    Yellow generating red for 4* Thor is quite useful, if you have her. Charged tiles will generate yellow AP faster, leading to more red, which will lead to even faster Smites. It will likely be possible to generate enough charged tiles to kill the other team with just Cyclops' yellow and Thor's red, without even using her blue.

You do understand that 4* thor's best skill is by far her blue, right? That it fuels everything she does? That naked smites are worse than a bunch of 3* skills?

A naked max level smite does 3.4k damage for 10 red. That's pretty awful.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I wish D3 stop making these characters that can accidentally go into an infinite combo because it's apparently very hard to figure out if color A generates color B and color B generates color A you got a problem there. Other than some kind of possible infinite combo trick I don't see much point to this character. The abilities look solid in a world without X Force except that's not the correct world. Or is the point of this character that you can have even more broken stuff? When can we get a green ability that generates yellow so that character can infinite with Thor (3*)? Why keep on make characters with decent 4/5 match moves and pretend you don't have a guy that can take out half of the guys with a 3 match move?

I mean, Cyclops is a 3*, X-Force is a 4*. That's like saying Ares is useless because Patch exists. Apples and oranges.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I wish D3 stop making these characters that can accidentally go into an infinite combo because it's apparently very hard to figure out if color A generates color B and color B generates color A you got a problem there. Other than some kind of possible infinite combo trick I don't see much point to this character. The abilities look solid in a world without X Force except that's not the correct world. Or is the point of this character that you can have even more broken stuff? When can we get a green ability that generates yellow so that character can infinite with Thor (3*)? Why keep on make characters with decent 4/5 match moves and pretend you don't have a guy that can take out half of the guys with a 3 match move?

I mean, Cyclops is a 3*, X-Force is a 4*. That's like saying Ares is useless because Patch exists. Apples and oranges.

The 2* are built in to be obselete compared to 3*s. You sure don't see a massive number of new 2*s being released. 3* still easily outnumber all the other stars put together in terms of new characters so it's hard to see why they're supposed to be obselete. Featured events still feature 3* 99% of the time over a 4*, for example. If 3* are intended to be obselete, it's pretty silly to continue to release so many of them.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    It will likely be possible to generate enough charged tiles to kill the other team with just Cyclops' yellow and Thor's red, without even using her blue.
    If you're fighting CStorm. MnMag and a loaner, maybe.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    And yet the 2* characters still get used, just not by the people who have maxed 3*s. Same principle applies to 3*s.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Really hope the 5th cover makes red or black an aoe. I still liked my idea for him better. I might be biased though lol.

Optic Blast
    5th cover max level
    6600 dmg to enemy team regardless of targets.
    (3 targets = 2200 dmg ea.; 2 targets 3300 dmg to ea.; 1 target full 6600 dmg.)

As he is he has limited synergy with ms.marvel, HT, Lcap. Of those 3 HT might be the most dangerous depending on how many red tiles his yellow can make.
  • I feel like he's going to synergize well with my lcap who's my best character. And if you couldn't tell by my name, i'm busting my **** to get him. I love Cyclops and can't wait to get him. Sacrificing red for Cyclops to get constant SSA's on cap sounds like a good deal for me. My build is going to be 3/5/5. I'll have very little use for red. I think that's the way it should go
  • I can see the dream team in simulator now.

Xforce + Thora the Explora + Cyclops.

Can you smell that? The infinite smite combo!

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Deadpooool wrote:
    I can see the dream team in simulator now.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I believe you guys are massively overestimating how many TU tiles drop after you clear them the first time.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    ark123 wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I believe you guys are massively overestimating how many TU tiles drop after you clear them the first time.

Agreed. You really notice when you're playing Rocket & Groot, and Mohawk how long it takes to reaccumulate a decent number of TU tiles after you clear them.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    He has a unique health class, halfway between the standard 6800 and 8500.

I doubt that Cyke+Thor will be brokenly good. Yes Thor's red generates yellow, but only 3 tiles for 8 AP, and if you're using Cyke's yellow it means you aren't using Thor's best power, his own yellow. Thor+IM40 was never a problem either. (Mystique+MNMags is very powerful but low health.)
  • inEden
    I don't get why people keep talking about infinite combos. There are diminishing returns. That is why a match 5 is twice as hard as a match 4. Forget about infinite combos. You are getting good use out of his yellow once in an average match.

Perhaps Cykes and Lcap will decent in PVE
  • ark123 wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hmm. If Thorina's blue gets out first, followed by cyclops yellow, followed by red, followed by Xforce green, etc.. It is possible, as long as you have enough TU tiles.

I risk sounding foolish here but I'm gonna advocate cyclops yellow at 5 just to abuse this.

Also you don't need an infinite combo, i think if it's nearly impossibru to lose if this combo nets you 20 red AP in one or 2 turns.
    Assuming the last man on the enemy team is still alive after using smite twice to clear the other two, he/she'll still be stunned for 1 - 2 turns from the initial Thorina blue.

AmIwrong? Anyway if you don't like it you're perfectly welcome to ignore this method. "You guys" who choose to be overly-cynical won't take the shine off mine cyclops. icon_razz.gif
    This glass will forever be half-full IMO! icon_mrgreen.gif
    11000350_10152832673653472_1006274792853242761_n.jpg?oh=59c7b7f870640d783c7abcb91712a64f&oe=5553F6D9

Teehee