Thor (Marvel NOW!) - 2*

124»

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm still new to the game - by respec do people mean start the character all over again from scratch? There are no ways to remove a cover/power once it's set, right?

correct you can't switch covers around once they are on the character, but they've said we might get the option to do so in the future

Now you can... when you train a new cover over the limit, it will ask you which cover you want to drop.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm still new to the game - by respec do people mean start the character all over again from scratch? There are no ways to remove a cover/power once it's set, right?

correct you can't switch covers around once they are on the character, but they've said we might get the option to do so in the future

Now you can... when you train a new cover over the limit, it will ask you which cover you want to drop.
    Yeah, but when that post was written a year ago you couldn't respec.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Pongie wrote:
    kensterr wrote:

time stamps are important mkay
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Anyone have thoughts on this? Currently mine is 4/5/4, but I'm wondering if 3/5/5 might be better, considering the damage green does maxed out.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    3/5/5 is optimal build
  • Summon the storms has reduced his powers? Now, all the opponents receive the same damage? In max level 1103. Is this correct? since when it happens?
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    kikepax wrote:
    Summon the storms has reduced his powers? Now, all the opponents receive the same damage? In max level 1103. Is this correct? since when it happens?
    I just tried this. It worked correctly for me.
  • Well, not for me. I do not understand. I attach a screenshot.

SC20150212_095116.jpg
  • Language problem. It says "Everyone takes 1103" and "Person in front takes 1103". This means 2206 for front, 1103 for rest. Working as intended.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    kikepax wrote:
    Well, not for me. I do not understand. I attach a screenshot.

SC20150212_095116.jpg

Main 1103
    Everyone 1103

So

Total./// Target ///// Second ///// Third
    Dam. /// 1103. ///// 0000. ///// 0000.
    Dam. /// 1103. ///// 1103. ///// 1103.
    Total /// 2206. ///// 1103. ////// 1103.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    What does the damage on Mjonir's Might look like at (max level) 3 covers? Mine sits at 944 damage for 4 covers, and I've been considering adding a fifth cover to yellow (from 4/4/5 to 3/5/5). However, i fire off his red more often than the other two skills during a match, and don't want to **** it if the loss is too great.
  • Mjolnir's Might
    3 covers: Deals 772 damage.
    4 covers: Deals 944 damage. (+172)
    5 covers: Deals 1115 damage. (+171)

Too bad we can't edit the original post.
  • I know how much it hurts. I dread the day. When I lost Watson, my Brittany, two years ago, I thank God that I did not see it coming or I would have been a real mess.
    Now get yourself a new pup, and give him the love you had for Thor
  • Hey all! I just got my last final yellow cover for thor, and I can finally do the popular build of 3/5/5. My Thor is at level 94 currently 4/4/5. However, given the new nerf to MMags I don't want to rush and already build him to 3/5/5 because I use Thor+Stormneto combo in DP daily, and I currently find his red to work with the new mmags and sometimes helps with damage along with him producing 3 yellow tiles. I'd like to hear some opinions before I finalize his build. Is it really worth it to do 3/5/5 because perhaps many 3* heros can make use of his yellow ability to produce many greens? Or is it worth it to keep him in a more balanced build of 4/4/5 for him to work well with the new mmags for DP Dailies? Some advice would be greatly appreciated. I at least have 14 days to think about it.
  • Ok i've re-read the last few pages of this thread and have concluded to do the optimal 3/5/5 build over my current balanced build of 4/4/5. Since i'm finally in the 3* transition bracket 3/5/5 will have many benefits that will work well with 3* characters. The green he produces is more important because there are lots of 3* characters that can feed off of it such as GSBW, Iron Fist, etc... I also agree with the point that Thor 2* main ability is his green cover and so that yellow cover can help him to regenerate that power faster if I use him alone in certain teams. OK on to apply the changes yay! I can't wait to try it out and hopefully I can see some cascades if I have some boards that sometimes have lots of greens. Seems like these days green is the way to go. icon_lol.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rowie wrote:
    Ok i've re-read the last few pages of this thread and have concluded to do the optimal 3/5/5 build over my current balanced build of 4/4/5. Since i'm finally in the 3* transition bracket 3/5/5 will have many benefits that will work well with 3* characters. The green he produces is more important because there are lots of 3* characters that can feed off of it such as GSBW, Iron Fist, etc... I also agree with the point that Thor 2* main ability is his green cover and so that yellow cover can help him to regenerate that power faster if I use him alone in certain teams. OK on to apply the changes yay! I can't wait to try it out and hopefully I can see some cascades if I have some boards that sometimes have lots of greens. Seems like these days green is the way to go. icon_lol.gif
    The extra green tiles from level 5 yellow is worth more than the extra damage from level 4 red. 3/5/5.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    rowie wrote:
    Ok i've re-read the last few pages of this thread and have concluded to do the optimal 3/5/5 build over my current balanced build of 4/4/5. Since i'm finally in the 3* transition bracket 3/5/5 will have many benefits that will work well with 3* characters. The green he produces is more important because there are lots of 3* characters that can feed off of it such as GSBW, Iron Fist, etc... I also agree with the point that Thor 2* main ability is his green cover and so that yellow cover can help him to regenerate that power faster if I use him alone in certain teams. OK on to apply the changes yay! I can't wait to try it out and hopefully I can see some cascades if I have some boards that sometimes have lots of greens. Seems like these days green is the way to go. icon_lol.gif
    The extra green tiles from level 5 yellow is worth more than the extra damage from level 4 red. 3/5/5.

Thanks for the reassurance! icon_e_smile.gif I finally applied the changes and i'm now excited to try him out with this optimal build. It took me a long time to get this final yellow cover, sadly after I had just maxed him out to level 94.