The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• Awesome, thanks for the info.
  • Are the cutscenes the same as the previous Hunt? I don't want to read them unless I'm getting something new.
  • When's the best time to join in on these sub-missions (Alaska, etc)? Are all of the available points in that mission going to reset at the halfway mark like the Hulk Event did?
  • Cutscenes look the same to me. I didn't watch them all and I haven't started Alaska yet, but I'd be mildly surprised if there's new content.
  • It's the same.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    jpKNOCKOUT wrote:
    When's the best time to join in on these sub-missions (Alaska, etc)? Are all of the available points in that mission going to reset at the halfway mark like the Hulk Event did?

No, but you will repeat each location 3 times over the course of the event. Everything will be reset each time the location restarts.

Then if we follow the script they will rerun the entire event. This may make you die a little inside, but that's why we have alcohol.

Actually maybe I misunderstood you. In the sub event, the one and done missions stay done until the sub event completes. The repeatable missions will regain their points over time. The sub event will finish and a timer until its restart will activate. When it restarts it is a new sub event with a new leader board and all missions available again.
  • Something strange is going on... :O

- My M.Hawkeye just had 6950HP buffed, now back to 2317...
    - just got the third push notification that my daily supplies are ready
    - the three repeatables went from first containing ares in the last two missions to standard d.avengers (L230 daken, venom, yelena) 15 minutes ago to ares containing again...
    - hulk pvp event disappeares and reappeares how it just want...

Anyone else encountering the same?
  • Seems the repeatables can be done as much as you want for 1 point icon_lol.gif gogo super grind while watching Netflix...people in my main bracket gonna get some super rubberbanding! icon_lol.gif
  • wathombe wrote:
    On whom else would I be spending ISO instead, you mean? I've only been playing for ~2 weeks, so I'm leveling my OBW, who's at 65 right now.

Since I'm forced to use M Hawkeye in some of the missions, I get stuck with the game-provided lvl 14 one. I'm just wondering if it's worth spending ISO on my own M Hawkeye to have him better than lvl 14 in those fights. I guess I'll only be using wolvie and OBW anyway, so what's the point, eh?

Try those missions first and see how it goes with the gifted Hawkeye. And keep in mind which/how many covers you have for yours before deciding to spend iso on him.

But at this point I really wouldn't say he or anyone is a bad/good candidate for extra levels.

I remember Hawkeye being surprising good last time around on the hunt, really if you could just place his tiles he'd be pretty good. Because yes right next to the green tile that's going to explode next turn taking out the entire row is a great place to put your red tile which will kill the entire opposing team. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Rewards are strange as you get Ares from positions 91 to 400 with Bag lady and Punisher being the top tier prizes.
    As Radiopy below mentioned, there is a Yellow Ares cover at 10,000 points and Red Punisher at 80,000

Go out there, be average and win yourself a new character
    This is cool, I'd love to be able to get a few Ares covers and this sounds like everyone will get a fair chance to do so.
  • I keep rotating players through my team looking for a perfect fit. Hulk is sort of like Wolvie in the last event as a team mainstay but my others rotate through.
  • I think my early goal will be getting Ares covers. And then kick a late grind to see if I can manage any Punisher covers as well. See if I can't manage the best of both worlds XD
  • Arclight wrote:
    Alaska repeatable a got changed completely. Second one requires BWGS, last one InvisWom. Non of them contains rag and ares anymore.
    Does that make it harder or easier i wonder.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Arclight wrote:
    Alaska repeatable a got changed completely. Second one requires BWGS, last one InvisWom. Non of them contains rag and ares anymore.
    Does that make it harder or easier i wonder.

As for me, much easier... Seems like after several app shutdowns you get the old Hunt missions... My hawkeye is super buffed..

Seems like I sometimes get te old buffing a from the first 'The Hunt' event... I also get the old opponents for it...

qPDRNdO.jpg
  • Can someone smarter than me remindme what the optimal scoring method is for this style of event?
  • Interesting, i see no update on steam. Still stuck w/ a bad **** Ares.
  • Hm, Ares is 2* character, so he should become common enough soon. Just so you won't feel bad without him.
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Interesting, i see no update on steam. Still stuck w/ a bad **** Ares.
    BTW, are you shielded in Double Shot?
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Can someone smarter than me remindme what the optimal scoring method is for this style of event?

Serious, don't think I can spend another week grinding away on all these missions. At least the overall progression reward ARES, is about the middle of the pack and the top tier is Punisher (Almost have him maxed out myself) is not super sought after
  • Just did the 240 240 240 Battle with the following rooster :
    5/3/5 ** Wolvie 85
    2/5/2 OBW 51
    3/0/0 Hulk 38
    Was hard and required boosts and tactics but was the only way to boost me into top 50 since I habe no IW nor Punisher D;
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    What are the rewards for the sub events? I'm thinking of joining late to get into an easy bracket.