*** Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool!) ***

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think there are two things they could do to Deadpool to improve his quality of life.

First would be to make Whales 3x cost less but I'm not sure they would do that, and if they did it would have to lose some damage, so I would be willing to put that on the side but.

HOW TO IMPROVE DEADPOOL
    Lower the threshold that he jumps in to block damage. This would give him amazing versatility. You could opt for a higher damaging Deadpool or you could have him maxed out with Black and that he keeps jumping in front and healing for more damage than he normally would take. I would just make it 5% of his maximum health, so he would jump in at 340 dmg or more, this could make him a very valued character.
    One of the big problems with his black is that it does nothing if he's targeted or on subsequent hits after he comes to the front. I'm not sure why it makes sense that it doesn't activate if HE gets hit for 869 and I don't think it would be overpowered if it did

Another semi-minor problem I have with the ability is Deadpool only has 6800 health. He's not really jumping in front of many people from the word go. 8500 would be better for him to use this ability. Either 8500 health OR incorporate a passive healing into the black power as well.

I agree with everything you said.

I think some form of passive healing would be a suitable addition to Deadpool too.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if the Deadpool Points have a maximum? I have a 2/0/1 Deadpool right now, so not spending any DP points basically, and I try to play 1 match each day with DP to get his points (why waste them, right?). But as of recently I didn't get any points added so I thought I might have hit his maximum number of points, but I can't really see how many points I have right now. I do have 2 'Whales...' Team-Ups saved up, but I'm not planning on spending them to find out how many points I have.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    StevO-J wrote:
    This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if the Deadpool Points have a maximum? I have a 2/0/1 Deadpool right now, so not spending any DP points basically, and I try to play 1 match each day with DP to get his points (why waste them, right?). But as of recently I didn't get any points added so I thought I might have hit his maximum number of points, but I can't really see how many points I have right now. I do have 2 'Whales...' Team-Ups saved up, but I'm not planning on spending them to find out how many points I have.

You might be off on your refresh, or perhaps it's one of those where it stops at like 999,999.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I guess you're probably right, so sorry for troubling you with a (sort of) unnecessary question. Of course I only thought of using the loaner DP in the current PVE to check on my DP points (about 445k today) a couple of minutes after posting my initial question, so it's not an obvious cap on points if there is one (like 999k or something). I'll try to keep a closer tab on if and when I can get more DP points.
  • I think that if you use a loaner Deadpool, you don't get the Deadpool points even if you have Deadpool in your roster. Can anyone else confirm this?
  • daibar wrote:
    I think that if you use a loaner Deadpool, you don't get the Deadpool points even if you have Deadpool in your roster. Can anyone else confirm this?

No; actually, I can counter it. Used the loaner Deadpool on the man map's TaT node yesterday and got the DP points pop-up.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Does anyone have experience playing Deadpool with both 5/5/3 and 5/4/4 arrangements? Impressions?
  • Mikaveus wrote:
    Does anyone have experience playing Deadpool with both 5/5/3 and 5/4/4 arrangements? Impressions?
    I used to have 5/4/4 for the longest time imaginable. Respecced as soon as I got 5th purple. Black is wildly unreliable and frankly any other ability would probably be better than it, in its current condition. Deadpool covering for dangerous squishy characters or characters you want to target 1st priority is an interesting idea but as is, black simply makes him unplayable for sustained pushes on offense while it's still easily avoidable when he's on defense.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:
    I used to have 5/4/4 for the longest time imaginable. Respecced as soon as I got 5th purple. Black is wildly unreliable and frankly any other ability would probably be better than it, in its current condition. Deadpool covering for dangerous squishy characters or characters you want to target 1st priority is an interesting idea but as is, black simply makes him unplayable for sustained pushes on offense while it's still easily avoidable when he's on defense.
    Same story here. It's far too common that Deadpool jumps in the front, takes multiple big moves and cascades, and dies before his healing factor has time to kick in. The healing is a nice bonus, not something you should rely on.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Mikaveus wrote:

1 of 3 things needs to be done to his black.

1.) Lower the threshold for him to jump in front

2.) have him heal back for 1 1/2 times for what he does now

3.) Both
    current

Mutant Pin Cushion - Black Passive
    (PASSIVE) Everyone should be paying more attention to me! If a character with less health than me would take 274 or more damage, I'll hop into the spotlight, taking the attack. Don't worry, my awesome Healing Factor then places a Black Countdown tile that'll restore 148 health to me when it goes off.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 178 damage.
    Level 3: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 207 damage.
    Level 4: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal damage.
    Level 5: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 384 damage.
    Max Level: Takes 869 damage, places countdown tile that'll restore 1219 health.

What it should be.

Mutant Pin Cushion - Black Passive
    (PASSIVE) Everyone should be paying more attention to me! If a character with less health than me would take 137 or more damage, I'll hop into the spotlight, taking the attack. Don't worry, my awesome Healing Factor then places a Black Countdown tile that'll restore 222 health to me when it goes off.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 267 damage.
    Level 3: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 310 damage (985 max).
    Level 4: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal damage.
    Level 5: Ooh yeah! Healing Factor over-time! My Countdown tile will heal 576 damage.
    Max Level: Takes 435 damage, places countdown tile that'll restore 1828 health.

Now he becomes the annoying character we all love. 435 would make it higher than match damage, but would probably trigger on strike tile damage or charged tle damage.
  • The wording makes it seem like if you use your deadpool points you have to use all of them. Is this true or can you just use up to the minimum necessary for the special (I think 28,000) and keep the rest?
  • Mike265 wrote:
    The wording makes it seem like if you use your deadpool points you have to use all of them. Is this true or can you just use up to the minimum necessary for the special (I think 28,000) and keep the rest?

You keep whatever's above the required amount.
  • Seriously, how can anyone vote for any build besides 5/5/3? Must be trolling...

I agree with the sentiments that the black ability would be useful if the trigger threshold was lower and that the healing tile healed 50% more.

OR make the healing factor guaranteed. Because right now, if someone uses an ability they can still match the tile and destroy it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool's black seems like a skill that was designed with defense in mind way more than offense. It definitely can slow down a fight (Which is almost always bad for the human player), but it's also pretty useless on offense for all the reasons stated above.

This sort of problem is probably inevitable given the vast difference between defense and office in this game. But it would be nice to see defensively focused skills that aren't useless on offense.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone know how the daily deadpool points are calculated?

seems to fluctuate between 2850 & 3150 a day

Is there any way to influence this?

Only matching deadpools purple for instance, or pairing him with a weak or strong team?

Or is it completely random?
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Druss wrote:

Only matching deadpools purple for instance, or pairing him with a weak or strong team?

Random
  • I confirm. And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    dkffiv wrote:
    Druss wrote:

Random
    Seems more like 3000 +/- x, where x is random integer from 0 - 200.
  • Does any one know if this is a bug or not, his red is supposed to reduce the HP bar of his opponent, but if they heal, it reacts normally.

For example:

Enemy a has 10,000 HP
    DP slashes that to 5,000 HP
    Enemy B sets off group healing of 1,000
    Enemy A now has 6,000 HP
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I managed to max my Deadpool as 5/3/5 part-way through IOS-8 Brotherhood.

A couple of observations...

* Buffed, 5/3/5 is arguably better than 5/5/3 - true healing is easy enough to setup that I ended harder nodes with only one heal needed (lazyThor).
    * 5 black makes for comical rubber-banding of his health... except for obscene hits (Juggs lvl 170 headbutt), he rarely was hurt enough at the end of a match that I couldn't start a new match right away
    * super fast healing out of combat - Again, 8 hour nodes meant I was more likely to wait for his health than spend hp on health packs.
    * Works very well with 3/5/5 lazyThor, his red is far superior, and only when I really needed the 3 yellows on the board would I use Thor's
    * true-heal + OBW temp heal = endless fun... I'm looking forward to the DP event, and hoping I can use that combo to out-last and out-heal the survival node.