What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    1973, just finished One Live Badger, now it's Curtiss Maldoon.

They did a song called Sepheryn, later covered / reimagined by Madonna as Ray of Light. The original is well worth a listen:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ5OtnBdcWw&list=PLUkZt3KTLbVuUq5crDwjE-UbO7ZZLlOdJ

Upcoming highlights include be Selling England by the Pound by Genesis, Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield, and Tales From Topographic Oceans by Yes.
  • Tron Legacy: The Game Has Changes
  • Moon Roach
    Just finished off 1975 with Rick Wakeman's "Journey To The Centre Of The Earth - Live", a show he did in Australia.

Now for 1976. Highlights include a bunch of Yes solo albums (Olias Of Sunhillow by Jon Anderson is mighty), the two Genesis albums without Peter Gabriel before Steve Hackett left (A Trick Of The Tail and Wind And Wuthering) and of course 2112 by Rush. Good times.
  • Moon Roach
    1977, highlights include: Peter Gabriel's first album, Seconds Out by Genesis, A Farewell To Kings by Rush, White Rock and Criminal Record by Rick Wakeman, Heavy Weather by Weather Report, and Going For The One by Yes.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Just pumping some loud tracks from Britain's finest Bal-Sagoth!
  • Moon Roach
    1978 - highlights include Dire Straits' first album, And Then There Were Three by Genesis where they started their move to commercial success, Hemispheres by Rush, UK's eponymous first album, and Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds.
  • Moon Roach
    1979 - highlights include: Spectral Mornings by Steve Hackett, Short Stories by Jon And Vangelis, Universal Men by Juluka, Sky by Sky, Danger Money by UK

:edit: Exposed by Mike Oldfield is also a highlight. I saw him on this tour at the NEC in Birmingham, with the full orchestra. Remarkable. And the fold-your-own paper planes that came with the tour program, I still have them, unmade.

I could do this all year, and probably will
  • Moon Roach
    1980 - Highlights include: Peter Gabriel's 3rd album (melted face), Permanent Waves by Rush (Spirit of Radio was the hit single), Smallcreep's Day by Mike Rutherford, and Drama by Yes. That was when The Buggles joined, and it's one of their best and one of their most atypical.

:edit: Ah, 1980, a great year for concerts, mostly at the Birmingham Odeon or Leeds University refectory. Yes, Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman, Bruford, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Genesis, Brand X, Lindisfarne, Rush.
  • Moon Roach
    1981 - Highlights include: Face Value by Phil Collins, The Friends Of Mr Cairo by Jon & Vangelis, Moving Pictures by Rush,

Abacab by Genesis is in there too, but definitely not a highlight
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Carcass - Swansong, then moved on to GWAR - Scumdogs of the Universe. Can't tell which is better for handing Doom his ****.
  • Moon Roach
    1982 - Highlights include: Asia's eponymous first album, The Getaway by Chris de Burgh, Three Sides Live (the original version with 1 side not live) by Genesis, and Scatterlings by Juluka

I'll mention no more than 4 highlights, unless it's a truly outstanding year. In my view.

And highlights are not necessarily the best, they could be something unusual or of significance.
  • Moon Roach
    1983 - Highlights include Genesis by Genesis, Script For A Jester's Tear by Marillion, and 90125 by Yes
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reading all the reply posts in this thread, I feel kind of out of place now. For me it's mostly Beethoven, (Moonlight Sonata being my favorite), and Mozart. A little opera thrown in and I'm good to go. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Moon Roach
    1984 - Highlights include Welcome To The Pleasure Dome by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, and Grace Under Pressure by Rush. A quiet year, only 7 albums all told
  • Moon Roach
    1985 - Highlights include Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits, Misplaced Childhood by Marillion, and Mike And The Mechanics' eponymous first album. Ah, Brothers In Arms, the first album to sell more copies on CD than vinyl.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    shieldpurple.png La Femme - Psycho Tropical Berlin
  • Moon Roach
    1986 - Highlights include So by Peter Gabriel, GTR's eponymous first (and only studio) album, and The Big Lad In The Windmill by It Bites. Gosh Francis Dunnery is a good guitarist.
  • Moon Roach
    1987 - Highlights include Esquire's eponymous first album, Clutching At Straws by Marillion, and Hold Your Fire by Rush. In addition Yes brought out Big Generator, and that's the first album they didn't tour the UK to promote. That made me very sad.
  • Moon Roach
    1988 - Highlights include All About Eve's eponymous first album, Shadow Man by Johnny Clegg & Savuka, and A Show Of Hands by Rush
  • Social Distortion !!!