*** The Hood (Classic) ***

Comments

• Eddiemon wrote:
    Well your philosophy above is anyone who shares a colour screws the other. Punisher who lays down non red Attack tiles screws over dooms red strike tiles presumably because they both use black? Rags and BWG shared 2 colours so had it worse by that logic and so on.

No no, not simply share a color. A lot of times you cannot use a 3* with another because they have a bunch of skills that give board disadvantage to each other.

Punisher's random tile destruction means you cannot use doom (or punisher icon_rolleyes.gif, or spiderman, or anybody that has tiles you don't want randomly destroyed).
    Doom's blue not only uses blue but gets rid of blue on the board, which is doubly worse than just competing with spiderman on the same color. It's terrible with magneto too.
    Spiderman puts webs on yellow so after a few webs it's increasingly hard to match yellow for fear of ruining all your good webwork. So IM40 either destroys spidey's good work, or get's yellow starved even though there is yellow on the board.

Basically on the whole, 3*'s don't play well together. 2*'s don't get in the way of each other as much in comparison. They too have random skills that might give board disadvantage, but their skills are better synergized overall. Like storm's green could destroy wolverine's strike tile, but you probably won't be using storm's green because you're using wolverine's green, and storm is still super useful because of her blue (and formerly her yellow). And both these character's have yellow, but they're passive and don't get in the way of thor's yellow. And thor's red generates yellow for wolverine. etc. There's just way more synergy.
  • Based on this there should be a new 3* character who purpose is synergy, somebody who doesn't destroy friendly tiles but not powerful enough to be nerfed. Preferably someone who helps out the likes of doom, loki and IM40.
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    It wouldn't even be that hard to spin something positive sounding... For example:
    fake pr wrote:
    Dear valued Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign community,

We here at D3 only wish to bring you, the players, the best possible gaming experience. In order to do so, we have to take serious action and make necessary changes to certain characters when they become a detriment to game play. We realize that the recent changes to Ragnarok are painful; however we do believe that the changes are good for the future of Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign.

We know that there are many players who will be disappointed because of how much they have invested in Ragnarok. But, he simply fulfilled too many roles at one time by having high health, high damage values, and no drawbacks. The changes will bring him more in line with how we want the game to play. So to our players, we ask that they please take this opportunity to explore other options when forming teams from their roster. This is a perfect time to give a second chance to some of the characters that might have been previously overlooked. As always we value your feedback and will closely monitor the situation.

Al's post seems to be pretty close to yours. Good job. You should work in PR.
  • the hoood has always been undervalued. His biggest bonus is his increased crit and environment values, especially when he's buffed.
  • How is hoods blue ability working? Don't get it... Does all te colors required have to be 9 in total or when there are 9 yellow on the board, he steals 1 yellow, 9 blue -> 1 blue, and so on?
  • The second part. If there are 9 of each color, and the other team has those colors in their AP inventory, he'll steal 1 of each.

I think the hood is pretty solid. He won't get nerfed because he's not really that great but if you already have a 2 person combo going he is a great 3rd because he won't interfere with anything and he does a pretty good job of keeping the enemy AI down.

Although they are all low, I am currently using a hulk / punisher / hood team. But I'm not really happy with the hulk so I am swapping him out with spiderman a lot.
  • I fight against a team with the Hood in the rage and ruin tournament.

And the result, omg I can not fire any abilities.

Enemy Onslaught at round 3, sunder cooldown in 1 turn, wiped by round 6.

There goes the health pack...
  • what 5/3/5 mean?

sorry guys, im new.
  • It refers to the amount of covers invested in the power set of a character, since any one character can only have 13 covers.

For example, the Hood's powers are listed in the order of Yellow, Blue, and then Black.

So 5/3/5 means that the individual is talking about a build of the Hood that has 5 Yellow/ 3 Blue/ and 5 Black.
  • thank you:)
  • The Hood's blue really makes it hard for you to do the AP boost blitz. If you didn't unload all your APs immediately, you most likely end up helping the other team (which I learned the hard way). He has a real lack of HPs though, so I think it's fairly well-balanced. If you don't take him seriously he can definitely mess you up, but because he's easily killed it's hard to see him being some kind of powerhouse character.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The Hood's blue really makes it hard for you to do the AP boost blitz. If you didn't unload all your APs immediately, you most likely end up helping the other team (which I learned the hard way). He has a real lack of HPs though, so I think it's fairly well-balanced. If you don't take him seriously he can definitely mess you up, but because he's easily killed it's hard to see him being some kind of powerhouse character.

If invisibility didn't require so much ap he and bag lady would make an interesting duo. Throw in a damage dealer.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    But seriously, who is suggesting 5/3/5? Blue seems to be his best skill by far.

(and how often do you have 4 countdown tiles)
  • Spoit wrote:

(and how often do you have 4 countdown tiles)

yep, and it's also the only reason he is annoying to play against. You can take him out before he has enough yellow, and who cares about him getting a black off.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:

It's the suggestion in the OP.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Phantron wrote:
    The Hood's blue really makes it hard for you to do the AP boost blitz. If you didn't unload all your APs immediately, you most likely end up helping the other team (which I learned the hard way). He has a real lack of HPs though, so I think it's fairly well-balanced. If you don't take him seriously he can definitely mess you up, but because he's easily killed it's hard to see him being some kind of powerhouse character.

4000 hp at max is not a small amount.

He's better than black widow original for stealing ap.

I have a hard time fighting max hood and easy time against the widow.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    So, I had no idea what a Lorcin .380 was, so I youtube searched it to see how it fires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KrA-sQSJcQ

Every review of the Lorcin is terrible, message boards etc.

Now granted, I have no personal experience with the gun, and only have seen what I saw from a simple search.

I think if Parker Robbins fired his twin .50 Desert Eagles he would be much more of a bad ****.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's an AP battery. Him doing more damage would be insane. What they need is to tweak his yellow and maybe his blue. Also, increase his HP a little. He has such pitiful HP.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Nah, he is fine, just needs better guns icon_e_smile.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would suggest automatics but he needs better clothes personally.