SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Figured I'd provide real details and a separate discussion thread for this Hulk tournament.

Placement Rewards
1 ****Wolverine (Yellow) plus all covers from the next rank + 250 ISO + 100 HP
2-5 Punisher R/G/B + 250 ISO + 100 HP
6-15 Punisher G/B + 250 ISO + 100 HP
16-45 Punisher B 250 ISO + 100 HP
46-75 Moonstone P/B/R + 250 + 50 HP
76-150 Moonstone B/R + 250 ISO + 50 HP
151-200 Recruit Token x 3 + 250 ISO
251-300 Recruit Token x 2 + 250 ISO
301-400 Recruit Token + 250 ISO
401-500 250 ISO

Progression Rewards
25 Recruit Token
50 500 ISO
100 Recruit Token
175 250 ISO
250 Recruit Token Avengers
325 Bullseye B
400 50 HP
500 500 ISO
600 Bullseye P
700 500 ISO
800 Recruit Token Avengers
900 1000 ISO
1000 100 HP
1200 Hulk R
1400 1000 ISO
1600 Hulk B
1800 IW Y

Hulk is buffed for this tournament.

Comments

• Hulk buff? Even his hit points?

Oh boy, that's gonna be a lot of HP's to churn through.
  • I see they have increased the progression rewards. Due to the new Shields feature?
  • Enjoy taking down my 14000 hp without a Ragnarok. Hope Punisher is ready to execute
  • My Hulk is level maxed at 102 so I guess I'm going to have to try to grind to 1600 icon_mad.gif

And yeah, Punisher will be with him the whole time, who is a good third? Spidey I guess for the annoyance factor.
  • My Hulk is level maxed at 102 so I guess I'm going to have to try to grind to 1600 icon_mad.gif

And yeah, Punisher will be with him the whole time, who is a good third? Spidey I guess for the annoyance factor.

That's the trio I'm running!
  • I actually need a black Punisher cover to finish him off so this will be the first tourney I actually care about for quite some time. I'm so glad that's the easiest one to get although if I really try for the Black Hulk I don't have anything to worry about anyway.
  • Tourney just disappeared
  • Cool! I'd love to get more Hulk covers.
  • Uggghhhh.... must get yellow XWolv cover o.o Only one I'm missing~ (Then I will have one of each ability, not a completed char lol).
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    Uggghhhh.... must get yellow XWolv cover o.o Only one I'm missing~ (Then I will have one of each ability, not a completed char lol).

LOL me too i'm at 3/3/0 too scared to put more points into green or red until we see a redesign on him.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone playing this tourney reached 1800 points yet? I'm trying to figure out an optimal time to grind this.
  • Has anyone playing this tourney reached 1800 points yet? I'm trying to figure out an optimal time to grind this.

No, I'm sitting at 750 with a comfortable cushion. I'll make another push tomorrow to 1200-ish, and let the pack catch up again, then finish up the triathlon on Sunday for the IW. Will keep an eye on the board and grind sooner if I see my lead dissolving. Need that yellow for her 3rd color.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Has anyone playing this tourney reached 1800 points yet? I'm trying to figure out an optimal time to grind this.

No, I'm sitting at 750 with a comfortable cushion. I'll make another push tomorrow to 1200-ish, and let the pack catch up again, then finish up the triathlon on Sunday for the IW. Will keep an eye on the board and grind sooner if I see my lead dissolving. Need that yellow for her 3rd color.

I'm worried about playing without shields due to the fear of retaliations hitting my rating down multiple hundred points. Have you been retaliated against at all during your time in the tourney?
  • Has anyone playing this tourney reached 1800 points yet? I'm trying to figure out an optimal time to grind this.

I'm worried about playing without shields due to the fear of retaliations hitting my rating down multiple hundred points. Have you been retaliated against at all during your time in the tourney?

I'm in a super-low MMR zone right now. I rushed to climb the progression rewards in SHIELD training and made it to 3000 the night before they dropped the HP rewards. I then put out a Bagman team to help others get over the hump (a few folks here said my points helped them hit 3K) and my phone has only just today has stopped blowing up with attacks.

Combine that with the fact that I gambled all my Hulk tourney ISO/saved HP into Hulk on a hunch that he would be buffed in tourneys soon. At high levels in this event he has Lightning Round villain hit points. Just a right place right time stroke of luck.

Even if that wasn't the case, Double Shot proved 1800 is way doable one with the recent changes. I would willingly drop a few shields to catch that last progression reward. But again, I'm gambling on the chance that IW is going to become much more viable in the near future, and it doesn't hurt that she's buffed in The Hunt.
  • NorthernPolarity

I'm in a super-low MMR zone right now. I rushed to climb the progression rewards in SHIELD training and made it to 3000 the night before they dropped the HP rewards. I then put out a Bagman team to help others get over the hump (a few folks here said my points helped them hit 3K) and my phone has only just today has stopped blowing up with attacks.

Combine that with the fact that I gambled all my Hulk tourney ISO/saved HP into Hulk on a hunch that he would be buffed in tourneys soon. At high levels in this event he has Lightning Round villain hit points. Just a right place right time stroke of luck.

Even if that wasn't the case, Double Shot proved 1800 is way doable one with the recent changes. I would willingly drop a few shields to catch that last progression reward. But again, I'm gambling on the chance that IW is going to become much more viable in the near future, and it doesn't hurt that she's buffed in The Hunt.

Ah, I see. I think I'm in a high MMR zone: I've been facing high levelled teams since 50 points in the second double shot, so I need to find a way to tank my rating so that I have a shot at progression rewards in the hulk tourney. Definitely regretting the 15k iso that I pumped into punisher right now though... I should have realized that buffed punisher for the hunt wouldn't be as important as maxing out hulk to take advantage of his buffs in both tournaments.
  • Finally ground out 1400 a little while ago. I don't know if I want to shoot for the rest before the end or just throw up a 24 hour at the end of this shield and ride it out.
  • Finally ground out 1400 a little while ago. I don't know if I want to shoot for the rest before the end or just throw up a 24 hour at the end of this shield and ride it out.

Guess you threw up a shield? I attacked you once by accident, then saw your points didn't drop, so I went to town. Should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her I was farming evil beavers. icon_eek.gif

Guess you threw up a shield? I attacked you once by accident, then saw your points didn't drop, so I went to town. Should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her I was farming evil beavers. icon_eek.gif
    May i ask how you keep hitting the same person over and over? I never usually see the same person twice.
  • GoldenLink wrote:
    Finally ground out 1400 a little while ago. I don't know if I want to shoot for the rest before the end or just throw up a 24 hour at the end of this shield and ride it out.

May i ask how you keep hitting the same person over and over? I never usually see the same person twice.

Are you new to the game? Still wouldn't make a whole lot of sense but I guess if you're really new you might be constantly upping your mmr.

Have you tried skipping in an attempt to see someone again?

Ha. Yea I did. Hopefully it'll be easier later tonight to hit 1800 considering how many people have been attacking me and raising their points.