Shield Training With Shields?

Options
2»

Comments

• Seems like those were not meant to actually be reachable with the nerf to the iso/hp and the removal of shields.
  • Seems like those were not meant to actually be reachable with the nerf to the iso/hp and the removal of shields.
    http://lovemmclub.com/wp-content/upload ... maker1.jpg

so it turns out SHIELD Training is only a distraction for us, so that we'd have something to do while waiting for tournaments/ events.

they don't want us to get those rewards - why bother buying gold, when You can get 1000HP as well as a ton of good covers for some of the best characters in game - Thor, Logan, Grey Widow and Spider.
  • As of right now, there are still two people shielded in the top ten. (So if you're shielded, don't drop it.) The removal of the shield ability was therefore either unintentional or incorrectly implemented.

In the meantime, the same guy has attacked me three times (are you out there, plaincold?). He's higher than me, so I'm getting more back on retaliation, but still. I'm keeping track of all points lost in case this change was unintentional.

EDIT: FWIW, I submitted feedback asking if they really intended to remove shields. No idea if they read those or not.
  • I was fighting about 10-15 matches against a guy named Sup3rm4n713 until I finally got to 2000points. 5mins later I have only 1855points and decreasing.

also when skipping through opponents I kept on getting same ones - about 8-10 people, no more. and almost all of them granting 5-6pts only.

I think what the Devs did with it if fully intended.
  • Emeryt wrote:

If they really intended to remove the feature from S.H.I.E.L.D. training, I would think they would have removed active shields. I suppose, though there aren't any placement awards, just progression awards. Still, if those shielded people are at work, asleep, or whatever, they're protected from all the point losses the rest of us are getting rocked by. Sucks.
  • wathombe wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

If they really intended to remove the feature from S.H.I.E.L.D. training, I would think they would have removed active shields. I suppose, though there aren't any placement awards, just progression awards. Still, if those shielded people are at work, asleep, or whatever, they're protected from all the point losses the rest of us are getting rocked by. Sucks.
    This way they'd need to refund those shields to people. I think people with shields are propably "turned off" and people won't get them as opponents, at least till their shields are on.

If I knew, I'd spend last night grinding instead of planning to do it today...
  • I had a feeling the rewards would be reduced and the shields would be removed. I finished today (after the rewards were lowered but while shields were still intact) and thought to myself - it only cost me 50 HP to finish and earn all of those rewards... This is too good to last. But I did put my Bagman out for people to beat up for points. Hopefully it will help a few people get closer to the rewards.
  • Figured this would get hammered, though didn't think they'd be quite so quick about it.

Really, 1000HP is nothing in the long run, especially given most people would shield before or after getting there. That's not even three roster slots once they get expensive, or one "give in and pay for it" skill upgrade on a 3*. Would probably have earned them more goodwill to leave it alone, imo, but it certainly confirms no one was actually supposed to get those scores. Also that they slapped shields in without managing to anticipate what people would immediately do with them, which is possibly more alarming.
  • Because the points just exchange hand, and there are currently people with 3000 rating who probably don't care about holding that rating anymore, there should be some chance (not very good, but some) of hitting those rewards again.

As far as I can tell the 500 HP is gone but that was probably too high, and it's probably designed back when it wasn't reachable at all. I don't mind the current point structure if you assume that guys who hit 3000 will not be constantly trying to defend their rating. If not, then it's problematic but no worse than what it was before when nobody could possibly get past 2000.