upgrading covers from cache

the way the current system is now I need to have a free inventory slot to pull a cover from my cache and then upgrade. this means that effectively my last inventory slot is just paying for the privelege to upgrade cards... I can never fill it with all the covers I actually want to play because I lose the ability to upgrade.

please consider letting the train unit screen have logic to look in both inventory and cache for possible upgrades.

thanks

Comments

• this. that last slot is useless since it needs to be open for combining
  • forgrim wrote:
    this. that last slot is useless since it needs to be open for combining

Agreed; I've always had to pay for one "extra" slot just so the annoying pop-ups don't appear constantly and so I have the space to combine covers when I get them. I finally one my Ragnorak cover so it used up my last open cover spot (21/21) and now my cache is filling up fast. I only have 135/200 HP I need for yet another slot so I'm stuck at the moment and can't upgrade my Venom with the last cover he needs.

Please fix this as there is no upside that I can see; even with the cache (and being able to upgrade from the cache) people will need cover spaces so they can use their covers in battle so I don't see this change having any detriment on HP sales (that cover spaces cost HP is a different topic already being discussed elsewhere).
  • I would say be able to sell them as well. Currently the way to sell covers is so convoluted, it would be easy to just sell with one click.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    I would say be able to sell them as well. Currently the way to sell covers is so convoluted, it would be easy to just sell with one click.

As long as there is a good and obvious confirmation screen (like there is now).
  • Now taking bets on how many of these threads are going to need to be created on the broken Cover Space system before it's fixed*. icon_rolleyes.gif
    *(either completely overhauled, or made WAY less expensive.)
  • I really like this idea. It solves being stuck with one cover slot available and being unable to use sealed covers if you don't have enough HP to buy another. And if you pull a card that you don't have then you still need to buy another slot before you can even use it, but it doesn't keep you from upgrading other covers.